Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed in photos of F-Pace variants from Canada that they all seem to have some kind of THING on the front grille that is not added on to US F-Paces. I want to confirm what the THING is. It looks like an automotive zit or wart. It is located on the left side of the lower of the two center grilles. To hazard a guess, is that thing a receptacle to plug in your F-Pace to heat the engine block when outside temperatures drop to inhuman levels?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I've noticed in photos of F-Pace variants from Canada that they all seem to have some kind of THING on the front grille that is not added on to US F-Paces. I want to confirm what the THING is. It looks like an automotive zit or wart. It is located on the left side of the lower of the two center grilles. To hazard a guess, is that thing a receptacle to plug in your F-Pace to heat the engine block when outside temperatures drop to inhuman levels?
I'm from Missouri, show me a picture :)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm from Missouri, show me a picture :)
The guy who posted yesterday or Tuesday from Canada. He said an eccentric drove it for a month and returned it. He has the Caesium Blue FE. You can see it clearly on the lower center grille photo.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yes, that looks very much like the plug in port for an engine block heater. Actually, I'm impressed how unobtrusive it is. When I was growing up, ours was literally a cord hanging out of the grill.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I haven't purchased yet, but will be back at the dealer to buy soon. I'll have a closer look. But I think I've seen it on both sides of the car (on both grills). I'm also not sure that is big enough to stick an extension cord through. Puzzling.

·
Registered
390 Posts
It's colder the further north you go. Just think of it as another missing feature from your FE. >:)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
It's colder the further north you go. Just think of it as another missing feature from your FE. >:)
Is it standard on all Canadian FP'S?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
When I was growing up, ours was literally a cord hanging out of the grill.
That's exactly how mine is on my 2003 Ford E-350 Van w/the good ol' 7.3L Turbo Diesel !!! >:)
At least it has a cap cover , over the prongs !!! ;)

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
It's the block heater receptacle. zzzzzzzzzz
It appears to only be big enough for a Two Prong Plug-In ??? Is it just a two , or is it three ???

·
Registered
315 Posts
mystery solved, on the lower driver side/left side of the front grill is the cap for the block heater. A block heater is standard on all Canadian vehicles, Here is the big surprise the plug configuration is unique to Jaguar or could be a European plug.

In any event the electric cord that attaches the plug to the wall receptacle is about $215. Apparently it does come with an internal fuse to avoid surges.

I suggest that anyone who wants to plug in first see if a European adapter will work and then if it does purchase s standard block heater cord with an internal fuse from Canadian Tire aka to all Canadians as "Crappy Tire" for probably $15 to do the same thing.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I think that answers my question about NOT being a normal looking plug-in !!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
mystery solved, on the lower driver side/left side of the front grill is the cap for the block heater. A block heater is standard on all Canadian vehicles, Here is the big surprise the plug configuration is unique to Jaguar or could be a European plug.
Hold on........isn't NB part of Canada. I just read that Tippoweego said "It didn't come with my Canadian spec S".!!!!!!!!

Besides all you guys in Southern Ontario live in the "Banana Belt" of Canada (I used to live there). You don't need no stinking block heater>:)

It maybe that the block heater is standard on certain models and optional on others?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hold on........isn't NB part of Canada. I just read that Tippoweego said "It didn't come with my Canadian spec S".!!!!!!!!

Besides all you guys in Southern Ontario live in the "Banana Belt" of Canada (I used to live there). You don't need no stinking block heater>:)

It maybe that the block heater is standard on certain models and optional on others?
I think what Tippoweego was saying was that his Canadian spec S has the block heater, but the cord did not come standard with it (as torontoadvocate said it required).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts