Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Bonkers, I know that back window is small, but I've lowered my headrests in the back and I can see out the back fine. With those headrest up its a challenge, but down not so much. So if you don't normally have folks in the back (adults), you can see much better if you fold down those headrests.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I don't rely on looking out my back window much other than to see in general what is behind me. From a safety point-of-view, I use my back up camera and my blind spot on the mirrors and it seems to be all I need.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice feature. I can definitely see the benefit of it be able to get a wider view from your rear view mirror especially on cars with small back windows like the Fpace.
It looks so useful if you have people sitting in the back or if you have some cargo in the back that is obstructing the view partially or completely. Honestly, with this kind of tech, i don't know why we would even need back windshields!

·
Registered
337 Posts
It looks so useful if you have people sitting in the back or if you have some cargo in the back that is obstructing the view partially or completely. Honestly, with this kind of tech, i don't know why we would even need back windshields!
That's right. Just last weekend I struggled to keep all my camping gear in the back low enough to avoid obstructing my view.

This could solve that and I could pack my Fpace trunk all the way to the top without problem.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Very nice feature. I can definitely see the benefit of it be able to get a wider view from your rear view mirror especially on cars with small back windows like the Fpace.

It is essentially what this wide mirrors used to do:

AngelesCrest014.jpg Photo by i984se | Photobucket

Are there a row of strobe lights on the other side of the mirror to help clear the roadway for your beast as it comes down the road?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wished all luxury car manufacturers had that option.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bonkers, I know that back window is small, but I've lowered my headrests in the back and I can see out the back fine. With those headrest up its a challenge, but down not so much. So if you don't normally have folks in the back (adults), you can see much better if you fold down those headrests.
I keep saying I need to lower mine, but keep forgetting. I'm doing RIGHT now! Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts