Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new SVR, and using the cameras is like a lottery. Really annoying if you need to reverse into a tight spot, other people are waiting, and you can't rely on the cameras working.

I know these kinds of problems have been around for a while, but I'm surprised that it's still occurring in April 2022. So I don't assume it's a simple software issue then... I just updated the software to OS 3.2.0, and that didn't help either.

Is it really useful/easy to check any cabling myself?

Other ideas? Or is opening a guarantee case the only option?

·
Registered
87 Posts
On the one hand, I‘m in a similar situation. Upon start up, it’s a real crapshoot on whether or not I’m going to have the reverse camera. I made a complaint with the dealership and they went through all the module software versions and said I was up to date and there was nothing they could do because it wasn’t a permanent fault and they couldn’t reproduce my complaint. Very frustrating.

On the other hand, my car is a 2018 so not PIVI PRO. The other thing I’ve been thinking about is, in the US anyway, the reverse camera is a Federally mandated safety item. I was thinking of making a complaint with the NHTSA.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Brand new SVR, and using the cameras is like a lottery. Really annoying if you need to reverse into a tight spot, other people are waiting, and you can't rely on the cameras working.

I know these kinds of problems have been around for a while, but I'm surprised that it's still occurring in April 2022. So I don't assume it's a simple software issue then... I just updated the software to OS 3.2.0, and that didn't help either.

Is it really useful/easy to check any cabling myself?

Other ideas? Or is opening a guarantee case the only option?
No, once you have updated there's nothing for you to do. Ultimately, it's not that simple to diagnose. The camera functionality is dependent on a number of factors. You need to schedule an appointment at your dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Quick update: looks like my Jaguar garage was able to fix this pertty fast, under guarantee. When checking the car, they could not even connect to the control unit for the cameras, so they swapped that unit, and it seems to be working reliably now (4 out of 4 tries - used to be 1 out of 5). Fingers crossed that I'll get 100 out of 100. Finally the car feels as perfect as it should be.

[update 2022-07-03] Has been working 100% for a couple of weeks now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts