Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any setting that will have the parking aid graphics (broken lines, luggage compartment access lines, color graphics) come on automatically? I know you can push the parking aids icon on the touch screen, but I would like them every time I reverse as the default. The manual talks about a settings icon in camera mode to turn parking aid graphics on or off but don't see that option.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Is there any setting that will have the parking aid graphics (broken lines, luggage compartment access lines, color graphics) come on automatically? I know you can push the parking aids icon on the touch screen, but I would like them every time I reverse as the default. The manual talks about a settings icon in camera mode to turn parking aid graphics on or off but don't see that option.
No one has found a way to do this that I know I of. I certainly have not but have tried.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Look at this thread.

Back Up Camera

Doesn't answer his questions. Have tried all manner of things and best I can tell, VZX-CO is correct.

If it is intentionally like this, I can only assume that the logic is that for most daily maneuvers, (reversing out of a parking spot in a car park), the "rough" guideline will suffice. If it's really tight, like in your garage etc., you have to invoke the more detailed view. Does seem a bit a bit back to front, but there it is. Not really a biggy for me.

One other related item:- in my case, I have an additional button (above the detailed view button), that looks like a "sound" icon. It is however always crossed out. Any insights?

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Doesn't answer his questions. Have tried all manner of things and best I can tell, VZX-CO is correct.

If it is intentionally like this, I can only assume that the logic is that for most daily maneuvers, (reversing out of a parking spot in a car park), the "rough" guideline will suffice. If it's really tight, like in your garage etc., you have to invoke the more detailed view. Does seem a bit a bit back to front, but there it is. Not really a biggy for me.

One other related item:- in my case, I have an additional button (above the detailed view button), that looks like a "sound" icon. It is however always crossed out. Any insights?
"Volume icon: Touch to mute the volume of the parking aid warning tones."

·
Registered
578 Posts
"Volume icon: Touch to mute the volume of the parking aid warning tones."
Thanks.

As always, good to learn something new. In addition, by fiddling with this, I have now found that the maximum volume of the sound warning is also adjustable with the "hard" volume knob. If anyone else has had very faint audible warnings, mine was turned down so much, that you could hardly hear it. Turning up the actual volume knob has cured this. Once set this way, it stays at that level for future starts. The icon will then modulate the volume within the maximum set by the "hard" knob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts