Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have 2019 Black fpace prestige with black alloys, i was planning to either paint or buy covers (yellow) for the break calipers. can anyone suggest which is best way to proceed either paint or install covers?
Thanks in advance and appreciate your time on reading this.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,391 Posts
Paint is the best way to go.
FWIW : Yellow is usually denotes carbon fiber brakes. White is usually used for ceramic. Red is generally used to mean performance.

DP

Reactions: Ashpace

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hello,
I have 2019 Black fpace prestige with black alloys, i was planning to either paint or buy covers (yellow) for the break calipers. can anyone suggest which is best way to proceed either paint or install covers?
Paint

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hello,
I think yellow is super cool and unique. I like that idea A Lot! I painted mine and then I used a decal, over the years has helped up perfect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think yellow is super cool and unique. I like that idea A Lot! I painted mine and then I used a decal, over the years has helped up perfect.
If you dont mine can you share a pic of the wheel and calipers, just wanted to see how it looks. Did you paint it all by yourself? Thank you for sharing your views

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you dont mine can you share a pic of the wheel and calipers, just wanted to see how it looks. Did you paint it all by yourself? Thank you for sharing your views
Hey,
Here's a few pics with some different rims I've had.
Yes I paint them. It's very easy. Make sure you use a caliper cleaner of paint thinner etc. -Then scuff them with sand paper (180- 220) or a scuffing pad.
-Paint them the colour you like.
-Apply decal that you bought
-Apply a few coats of clear coat. This isn't totally necessary usually. But if you're applying decals than it is. This will also help keep the calipers clean and make it easy to clean off any brake dust etc.
Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey,
Yes I paint them. It's very easy. Make sure you use a caliper cleaner of paint thinner etc. -Then scuff them with sand paper (180- 220) or a scuffing pad.
-Apply a few coats of clear coat. This isn't totally necessary usually. But if you're applying decals than it is. This will also help keep the calipers clean and make it easy to clean off any brake dust etc.
Hope that helps.
Awesome this looks really great. Thanks much for sharing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks great. Where did u get the decal?

Hey,
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Be careful when ordering caliper decals. Make sure they are the correct size. I ordered some from Amazon and they were too large.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,391 Posts
Hey,
Hope that helps.
Nice Job.. I see you have wheel spacers how do you like them ?

DP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts