Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm about to make the decision on a new F-Pace and will either be picking up a Glacier White S Model on Friday or waiting for a Caesium Blue First Edition that won't be here until early August. They are most outfitted nearly identically sans the Technology package which the Glacier White car doesn't have.

So I'm interested in hearing from any of you who have the Tech package and the InControl Touch Pro vs those who have the standard InControl Touch setup. I was wowed by the Navi screen with the ICTP setup in the F-Pace S I test drove, and the 825w stereo was also pretty strong. However, I've read here a lot of issues with the ICTP and I don't hear much of an issue with the standard ICT setup. I have a 280watt Stereo now and it's impressive enough for me so the 380w Meridian should probably be satisfactory, but I initially wanted the stronger stereo as well. Is it worth it waiting for the First Edition with the ICTP and a more kicking stereo?

The struggle is I originally wanted a Glacier White S with the Tech Package and the other packages the Glacier White vehicle has in it, and wasn't really interested in the Caesium Blue color initially, but staring at the brochure, that color is growing on me as well.

I'm dying to have the car this Friday, but waiting 3 more weeks isn't the end of the world. I made the decision to go with the F-Pace only last week, and managed to fall into the Caesium Blue option due to someone canceling an order the day I went to the first JLR Dealer and then when I called another dealer later that day to inquire on a silver S that ended up being sold, the sales guy told me there was a Glacier White S that just showed up today that wasn't spoken for. So I have deposits on both of them at this point trying to make a decision.

Love to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not gonna get much sympathy here regarding a 3-week wait for an FE, lol! Fantastic opportunity, that, and congrats if you get either. Honestly, you'll do better to review the thread below on members' input on the ICT/ICTP topic rather than have it rehashed on this thread. Lots of good info there.

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/#/forumsite/21210/topics/11106?page=1

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
You're in PA. I want to have the only Caesium Blue in Pennsylvania, so get the Glacier White S! The Glacier White S is twice as fast as the Caesium Blue FE and a much better car, and who needs a tech package? You got a wristwatch and a phone. You're set.

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
Live BOLD go BLUE!

Reactions: BScottP73

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have a glacier white and I can attest it's much slower than the Calseum Blue. I'm sure the handling is better on the blUe as well.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're in PA. I want to have the only Caesium Blue in Pennsylvania, so get the Glacier White S! The Glacier White S is twice as fast as the Caesium Blue FE and a much better car, and who needs a tech package? You got a wristwatch and a phone. You're set.
LOL Trek! love that answer. Wife just told me she wants to wait for the Caesium blue one though, so I might have to do that.

BscottBP73 - Thanks for your feedback and the link to the other thread. Digging through that now.

I was looking forward to driving this thing this weekend, but maybe that isn't going to happen now.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys,

if you are interested I decide to go with the Caesium Blue FE instead of the Glacier White S. Really want the 825 watt Audio System and that navigation screen, the blue color also grew on me quite a bit. Hoping I don't have as many issues with the InControl Touch Pro as I've read. Should be here by 8/10.

If you are a potential buyer in the South Eastern PA area and looking for a Glacier White S model, Great Britains JLR in Willow Grove has one available now!

Can't wait till it gets here.

Reactions: BScottP73

·
Registered
473 Posts
Well now you're including options and not just color. Options make a big difference in which car to get. I can't not get an F-Pace without the Pro, even though there are bugs to take care of.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yobbo,

Yes Trek and I are both in Eastern PA, and have twin cars except I think mine is coming with the roof rails since I didn't option them out, so you should be able to tell us apart. I can't wait to get mine, it's only 4 weeks, but it seems like it's going to be forever driving my wife's former car around until my FE comes in and we trade it. She just got a BMW 428 xDrive Convertible for her big birthday coming up at the end of the month and as promised when that happened, my middle son ended up with the coupe I've been driving for 3 years. In addition to the BMW birthday give, I've now taken on the responsibility of getting the SUV since she's done it for the last 10 years. So driving the Pilot until the FE come in and I almost rolled it getting on one of our interstates out here after testing driving the F-Pace S Model before my purchase over the same onramp. I actually think the FE handles better than my lowered coupe and it's a little bit quicker, and the exhaust sounds very similar since I had put a high cost Borla system on my coupe. Looking forward to getting the F-Pace...counting the days in Eastern PA...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys,

if you are interested I decide to go with the Caesium Blue FE instead of the Glacier White S. Really want the 825 watt Audio System and that navigation screen, the blue color also grew on me quite a bit. Hoping I don't have as many issues with the InControl Touch Pro as I've read. Should be here by 8/10.

If you are a potential buyer in the South Eastern PA area and looking for a Glacier White S model, Great Britains JLR in Willow Grove has one available now!

Can't wait till it gets here.
dang how are you so lucky to get a caesium blue first edition so late now, i would kill for it. It was my first color choose, but order to late.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would have loved caesium blue, too, but I didn't want the 22" wheels or the white seats, and I wanted the cooled seats, so I got the Glacier White on an S. I've still got a 2-3 week wait, and I ordered months and months ago.

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think most dealers are willing to do trades with other dealers so that sort of opens up options if your dealer happens to be limited.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dang how are you so lucky to get a caesium blue first edition so late now, i would kill for it. It was my first color choose, but order to late.
Yes the more I read out here on delivery of ordered F-Pace's the more I realize how lucky I am, or may be. They still have to deliver the thing, they are telling me I could see it before the end of July. Evidently it's in port.

I'm also very lucky to fall into the Caesium Blue order. As I mentioned above, someone ordered the thing 2 to 3 months ago, then decided the day I went to JLR Mainline to cancel the order and go with a similarly Blue SVR Range Rover Sport off the dealer floor. I was in the right place at the right time to pounce!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Almost 77k?! Good heavens! They're charging a markup! It's identical to mine (no roof rails). My MSRP ended up at 68k plus sales tax. Those Chicago boys should be arrested. That price does not include sales tax. Someone call the gendarmes!
That is 7k more than I'm paying for the same vehicle! I agree Trek, that is highway robbery.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm sure somebody in Chi-town has the cash.

Kerry

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi all, I'm about to make the decision on a new F-Pace and will either be picking up a Glacier White S Model on Friday or waiting for a Caesium Blue First Edition that won't be here until early August. They are most outfitted nearly identically sans the Technology package which the Glacier White car doesn't have.

So I'm interested in hearing from any of you who have the Tech package and the InControl Touch Pro vs those who have the standard InControl Touch setup. I was wowed by the Navi screen with the ICTP setup in the F-Pace S I test drove, and the 825w stereo was also pretty strong. However, I've read here a lot of issues with the ICTP and I don't hear much of an issue with the standard ICT setup. I have a 280watt Stereo now and it's impressive enough for me so the 380w Meridian should probably be satisfactory, but I initially wanted the stronger stereo as well. Is it worth it waiting for the First Edition with the ICTP and a more kicking stereo?

The struggle is I originally wanted a Glacier White S with the Tech Package and the other packages the Glacier White vehicle has in it, and wasn't really interested in the Caesium Blue color initially, but staring at the brochure, that color is growing on me as well.

I'm dying to have the car this Friday, but waiting 3 more weeks isn't the end of the world. I made the decision to go with the F-Pace only last week, and managed to fall into the Caesium Blue option due to someone canceling an order the day I went to the first JLR Dealer and then when I called another dealer later that day to inquire on a silver S that ended up being sold, the sales guy told me there was a Glacier White S that just showed up today that wasn't spoken for. So I have deposits on both of them at this point trying to make a decision.

Love to hear your thoughts.
Aren't you glad that you went with the CB FE. sexy ya?;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts