Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is one of the options you cant select while configuring the SVR.
But I think it is a very good feature.
What do you thinks it is possible to ask jaguar to make it available ?
Or there is a good reason it is not available to choose.
Engine heat problem, No room for the controller, etc

Or it is only a software feature? So perhaps you can enable/hack it later?
Or if not, you order the original missing hardware and ask the dealership to make it work.
Or any aftermarket solution?

·
Registered
1967 Massey Ferguson 165
70 Posts
I had absolutely no idea what cabin pre-conditioning was, so I looked it up on the Range Rover site.

CABIN PRE-CONDITIONING WITH REMOTE
This system can pre-heat or ventilate the vehicle via a remote control and a 7-day timer. You can always be sure the cabin is the right temperature before you get in.

Mate, that's what wives/girlfriends are for. In winter, just send them out to start the car and turn on the heater. In summer, have them turn on the A/C. You can always be sure the cabin is the right temperature before you get in. :)

Stu

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think you are talking about being able to remote start the car so that it warms up or cools down. I think that is a regional/country thing. I live in the US and my car does that just fine. I think that is blocked in some countries.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you are talking about being able to remote start the car so that it warms up or cools down. I think that is a regional/country thing. I live in the US and my car does that just fine. I think that is blocked in some countries.
No.

If you never started the configurator please do not mislead others here in the forum.

It is true that remote start is a regional/country thing, but

this is not remote start only remote cabin pre conditioning .

In the configurator you/I can choose cabin pre conditioning on all models except SVR.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nobody knows this feature or want it ?
Is here anybody who owns SVR and do not want to cool down its car before staring in the summer?

Why nobody give a shit about this issue that this feature cant be ordered on SVR ?

Or this forum only for the dreamer who wants to own an SVR?

Am I the first and only one in the SVR history who wants this base feature (that you can order for any fpace expect svr) in his SVR?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I believe that preconditioning is a feature of PHEV vehicles and uses the battery system to support. The SVR is not a hybrid model and requires remote start to start the vehicle and set cabin temperatures. The lack of response here is that most users are US based and we aren't getting PHEV F-Pace models in the US so there's no option for cabin preconditioning in the configurator.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe that preconditioning is a feature of PHEV vehicles and uses the battery system to support. The SVR is not a hybrid model and requires remote start to start the vehicle and set cabin temperatures. The lack of response here is that most users are US based and we aren't getting PHEV F-Pace models in the US so there's no option for cabin preconditioning in the configurator.

Do not believe! Do not start guess what this feature is and spread misleading information about it, like only phev.
In Europe you can add cabin pre conditioning on the cheapest model in the configurator.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You're right, it was a guess on supporting of PHEV/MHEV systems since we don't have that option in the US configurator. I know what the preconditioning does for the vehicle, there just isn't much info on it other than a small blurb in the 2021 owner's manual and the data I found in the UK configurator. I was trying to see if preconditioning was standard equipment on the SVR in your region but it's not listed in any of the specs or options. You might have to reach out to a dealer and ask.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have 2021 SVR and while there is nothing you can do on the build to add this feature it does exist on the remote app. I have not tried it (nor have I used it in other cars that have had it), but it looks like it works by starting the car, which is different than the BMW or MB's that I have with the feature (also requires use of app). There does seem to a difference in what features are standard and what options in different markets so what we have here in the USA may not be what you have in other regions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts