Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading a lot on this forum and yesterday went for a test drive.

One thing that really stood out to me: I felt like there was A LOT of cabin noise. I didnt get much highway time on the ride so dont know about the wind or road noise, but I felt like there was a constant boomy grumbling that became a little tough for me. The salesperson said its the way they designed the exhaust to sound to "give the jaguar sound".

I realize this is a matter of opinion, but for me it seemed pretty constant, rumbly and distracting. Almost like my ears were ringing with it a little bit at the end.

Does anyone else experience this? Am I just not loving the signature Jaguar growl? Is it truly that persistent?

·
Registered
113 Posts
No issues for me, seems quiet - never noticed what you've mentioned. It's much quieter than than my Evoque, so maybe just my basis for comparison.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I have been reading a lot on this forum and yesterday went for a test drive.

One thing that really stood out to me: I felt like there was A LOT of cabin noise. I didnt get much highway time on the ride so dont know about the wind or road noise, but I felt like there was a constant boomy grumbling that became a little tough for me. The salesperson said its the way they designed the exhaust to sound to "give the jaguar sound".

I realize this is a matter of opinion, but for me it seemed pretty constant, rumbly and distracting. Almost like my ears were ringing with it a little bit at the end.

Does anyone else experience this? Am I just not loving the signature Jaguar growl? Is it truly that persistent?
Its the exhaust, if you don't like that then do not get the F-pace. The growl will always be there and it does fill the cabin; Especially when accelerating. So if you weren't a fan with the test drive I wouldn't recommend you getting it.

Reactions: Jetman and GRVR

·
Registered
73 Posts
My F Pace suffers from NHV (Noise Harshess Vibration) for which my dealer is waiting for a response from Jaguar for a fix that can be applied.
It is present when accelerating at 50 mph but is most annoying at between 68 and 72 mph bang in the middle of our legal upper speed limit in the UK. I have recently driven other F Paces on a Jaguar F Pace event and no similar car to mine suffered from this drive line problem so I am looking for an early solution for the problem or my car will be rejected as not fit for purpose.

Reactions: VZV

·
Registered
113 Posts
Guess I must like the sound since it's never really stood out to me as something unusual / annoying :)

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Was your test-drive vehicle on 22"-Wheels with Summer Tires , because we test-drove one like that (NOISY & ROUGH , to us) , and SHE decided we were not getting an F-Pace ! However , I talked her into test-driving one with the 20"-Wheels and All Season Tires , and we BOUGHT IT that day !!! The better ride and quieter cabin was like night & day ! Comfortable Ride was more important to us then going around corners at *80-mph* ! I do notice that the people replying to this post are riding on 20"-Wheels and I assume All Season Tires ! Just a thought ! :)

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
If you are seriously interested in a CUSHY SOFT & QUIET RIDE , then go test-drive a Loaded Lincoln MKX ! We almost pulled the trigger on one of those , for about $20K less then the JAG , but we had a hankerin' for something a little more "ZESTY" shall we say ! >:)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
If you are seriously interested in a CUSHY SOFT & QUIET RIDE , then go test-drive a Loaded Lincoln MKX ! We almost pulled the trigger on one of those , for about $20K less then the JAG , but we had a hankerin' for something a little more "ZESTY" shall we say ! >:)
I think the redesigned lincolns are pretty attractive, especially the MKX. I haven't heard stellar reviews; many are saying its just a rebadged ford, but I think the design is pretty attractive.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I think the redesigned lincolns are pretty attractive, especially the MKX. I haven't heard stellar reviews; many are saying its just a rebadged ford, but I think the design is pretty attractive.
I think the rebadged ford rep , came back when the MKX looked identical to the EDGE ! I think this year they have set themselves apart from that look ! That being said , the "Look" , as tolerable as it may be , cannot compare to the F-Pace ! :)

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
Two distinct different noises. The exhaust being one of them, there will always be a growl upon acceleration which is normal for this vehicle but once you reach cursing altitude it's pretty quite. Hard deceleration i.e. letting off the gas at high revs will also give you the same growl plus the popping sound again which is typical of the F Pace. Although it is not a sports car they did not leave the sport out of the SUV.

The other issue or noise has to do with how much road noise you here and again depending on the tires and wheel size along with the condition of the road will make the cabin noise or lack there of, quite dependent on these scenarios.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can attest to the cushy, soft, quiet ride of the MKX having made many long trips in mine for the past 5 years. The F Pace on 20's / All Season is a very good ride on long interstate hauls...would't say cushy, but very comfortable. As far as cabin noise, it is definitely much louder than the Lincoln, but not to the point of discomfort or distraction. Its really an apples to oranges kind of thing but I chose the F Pace over another MKX, also for the "ZESTY" factor and I love it. A fully loaded MKX Black Label is about $62K or roughly the same as my maxed out Prestige, but with more goodies.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you are seriously interested in a CUSHY SOFT & QUIET RIDE , then go test-drive a Loaded Lincoln MKX ! We almost pulled the trigger on one of those , for about $20K less then the JAG , but we had a hankerin' for something a little more "ZESTY" shall we say !
The MKX is horrible. The best luxury crossover in this price range is the GLC. The best sporty one? The f pace!

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Cabin noise is fine in mine. Not as good as the german competition but its fine. Not annoying at all.
Work with me here Redjag ! Do you know how nice it would have been to read your post if it had just said "Cabin noise is fine in mine" and "Not annoying at all" ! You might have even got a couple of "Likes" , maybe not , but maybe ! But you HAD to throw that SNIDE "german" remark in the middle ! You were sooooooooooo close buddy , I'm trying to help you out here ! Oh' well , another missed opportunity ! Maybe next time ! :(

Reactions: Roadsterguy

·
Registered
151 Posts
Cabin noise is fine in mine. Not as good as the german competition but its fine. Not annoying at all.
Work with me here Redjag ! Do you know how nice it would have been to read your post if it had just said "Cabin noise is fine in mine" and "Not annoying at all" ! You might have even got a couple of "Likes" , maybe not , but maybe ! But you HAD to throw that SNIDE "german" remark in the middle ! You were sooooooooooo close buddy , I'm trying to help you out here ! Oh' well , another missed opportunity ! Maybe next time !
Previous car was a bit quieter but they both are very quite. The F pace has a better exhaust note if you want a more posutive comment? I wasnt being negative i was trying to be honest with OP's concern because if he is used to german automobiles this car is different.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Um...not to get in the middle of another childish debate...but I thought there was quite a bit of valve train noise coming from my F Pace when I test drove it this morning. Obviously I didn't notice it on the highway. Also, the AC fan is like a tornado. Makes a ton of noise when on moderately high. Not a huge deal to me, and I haven't driven the car enough to really form an impression.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Um...not to get in the middle of another childish debate...but I thought there was quite a bit of valve train noise coming from my F Pace when I test drove it this morning. Obviously I didn't notice it on the highway. Also, the AC fan is like a tornado. Makes a ton of noise when on moderately high. Not a huge deal to me, and I haven't driven the car enough to really form an impression.
Hey dr. ! You keep it up with that pick-pick-pickin' , and I might just have to Cancel my appointment ! >:)

Reactions: drdomm

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I think the F-Pace blows away the other options. If you really don't like the exhaust sound, it can probably be fixed by finding or getting a customized axel back muffler replacement. This would be the reverse of what some of us are doing with the Quicksilver exhaust upgrade. the Quicksilver change makes the exhaust sound deeper, but it will be a little big louder at full revs. I think you could have a customer muffler shop perhaps tone down the sound if you really wanted the F-Pace but don't really like the exhaust. Yes it might cost several hundred more, but if you drive the Ford's and Lincoln's and still really like the F-Pace but hate the exhaust, i'm sure a good muffler shop could fix that for you.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts