Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would drop in and visit my old Jaguar brothers and sisters and update my discussion last year about the next generation Corvette. Mine arrived at the dealership last week, finally coming home today. I am not sure if you have been following the production woes, but there was the six week strike late last year taking place just before retooling was to have begun, then the retooling, then holiday break. The C8s finally started rolling out last month, but now GM has shut down the plant again, partially because of the virus, partly because of some part of the plant are going to be converted to making all or parts of much needed ventilators.

Anyway, here are a few pics, my VIN is number 1576. Dealerships have been told to convert all remaining 2020 orders into 2021, with production planned to start back up at the end of May, depending on how this thing goes. There were only some 4,000 2020s produced; not sure what that means - rarity or oddity - but will see. I do have the same concerns that I had with my F-PACE, also bought first model year ordered before even sitting in one and all of that. There are well-documented things that had to be sorted with the Jaguar, and I know with the C8 there will be bugs to work out and certainly dealerships taking care of their own and limiting service is a concern.

I also struggled with keeping or cancelling my order, given the present situation. I decided to go ahead, because life is short, and if something gives you pleasure and you are not hurting or taking advantage of another nor destroying the planet (well . . . ) and you give back as much or more as you take, then okay.

John

·
Super Moderator
1,995 Posts
Welcome to the Corvette family (oops I see that you have a '68 already). Very sweet ride! I have been debating on upgrading from my C6 to an 8 but a new home got in the way. Since there won't be any changes to a '21 I think oddity might apply, only time will tell. Enjoy the ride!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Congratulations!!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
at home . . first drive of 50 miles, getting used to the controls, driving position, handling. Much of the same electronics I had in the FP are here. Being the center point pivot on turns due to the forward seating position reminded me of kart racing.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
oooooooh, pretty ?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Congrats theWeeb, that thing looks menacing. Have you driven it much? No comments yet on the driving. Can't wait to read them! I vote for you to be quarantined in your C8 and drive a bit!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I can't hit the Like button enough on your pics. I always thought the high wing was the way to go and your pics confirm it, it looks amazing. Congratz and enjoy. Would love to hear some driving impressions once you get some seat good time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts