Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Car & driver has up a long term test of the 2017 Jag XE. Lots of problems with the ICTP. Don't know if this was before the "super update". I for one won't buy a FPace unless this is fully corrected- ridiculous
2017 Jaguar XE Long-Term Test ? Reviews ? Car and Driver
I assume you own a computer or a smart phone since you are posting here. If they did not receive updates they would not work properly either. Since I have received the super update I have not had one problem with my ICTP. My remote start has worked flawlessly prior to the update. My route planner app has not had one problem. I experienced a few minor issues prior to the update. Occasional freezing and the rear camera coming on while in drive. Neither issue has occurred since the update.

I bought the FP because I love the look and enjoy driving the vehicle. I was fortunate enough to get my second one ordered before the upcoming price increase on the 2018 model.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Car & driver has up a long term test of the 2017 Jag XE. Lots of problems with the ICTP. Don't know if this was before the "super update". I for one won't buy a FPace unless this is fully corrected- ridiculous
2017 Jaguar XE Long-Term Test ? Reviews ? Car and Driver
Repeatedly, ad naseum, over and over again declaring how you are never buying an F-Pace until xyz happens adds zero to the collective knowledge base.

This review does not even cover the F-Pace and obviously the ICTP has not been updated or they would have mentioned that. I'm sure is an XE forum that might be interested in this review.

I too never had a system freeze, lost satellite or had major glitches with ICTP though the update has made mine speedier, fixed minor annoyances and improved aspects of the UI. All updates and fixes courtesy of Jaguar with zero out of pocket expense for me and a decent loaner and free wash.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey I am just pointing this out as the ICTP is the same in the XE & FPace. As I mentioned don't know if their test car had the update. But as C&D mentioned, they had trouble with it right off the car carrier. I read all the Car & Driver reviews & honestly can't remember them complaining about any other vehicle having this level of issue with Infotainment. I understand you guys own a Jag, and are going to defend
this, but for a objective 3rd party who is thinking about buying a Jaguar you have to admit it is a concern. I mean, Jaguar is shipping a 59K XE that has major bugs in it's Infotainment, & this is perfectly fine? And not like this is a isolated case, they talk about the F type constantly locking up/rebooting. Please cite me these levels of electronic issues in BMW/Benz/Audi/Lexus/Infiniti.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume you own a computer or a smart phone since you are posting here. If they did not receive updates they would not work properly either. Since I have received the super update I have not had one problem with my ICTP. My remote start has worked flawlessly prior to the update. My route planner app has not had one problem. I experienced a few minor issues prior to the update. Occasional freezing and the rear camera coming on while in drive. Neither issue has occurred since the update.

I bought the FP because I love the look and enjoy driving the vehicle. I was fortunate enough to get my second one ordered before the upcoming price increase on the 2018 model.
First glad you have not had issues with yours. Certainly many owners have. As far as the comparison, while all computers/phones/tablets even TV's now need updates. None I have owned failed to work out of the box without major updates. The ICTP was simply released before it was ready. And while I agree there will be price increase for the 2018 FPace, I expect there will be improvements & refinements that along with it being a model year newer which has value, would make it worth the extra $.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I do believe to say that there are no problems is a hunk of cow dong! With this said, I think that there were an overwhelming number of problems, that thankfully Jaguar is giving attention to, which makes me happy!

This release of inferior software out of the gate is a huge mistake on Jaguar's part, and something they should learn from. I have had the super update, and although things have advanced, it should not have had to happen. I love my jaguar cars, and am a believer in the brand. However, the software updates have helped and for this I am happy. Still a way to go, so let's not let anybody off of the hook stating that there are no problems, as this is factually wrong, and the hardware was being driven by the software that just wasn't right! It is now on it's way to being right with the latest release, and another to come in the first quarter 2017.

Just checking in on this and setting the record straight for all of our sanity!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hey I am just pointing this out as the ICTP is the same in the XE & FPace. As I mentioned don't know if their test car had the update. But as C&D mentioned, they had trouble with it right off the car carrier. I read all the Car & Driver reviews & honestly can't remember them complaining about any other vehicle having this level of issue with Infotainment. I understand you guys own a Jag, and are going to defend
this, but for a objective 3rd party who is thinking about buying a Jaguar you have to admit it is a concern. I mean, Jaguar is shipping a 59K XE that has major bugs in it's Infotainment, & this is perfectly fine? And not like this is a isolated case, they talk about the F type constantly locking up/rebooting. Please cite me these levels of electronic issues in BMW/Benz/Audi/Lexus/Infiniti.
There are some that will defend Jaguar until the end, you've encountered them here. The ICTP is very strange, I do not have the super update and have no issues at all. On the rare occasion the screen freezes it restarts two minutes later. The satellite radio RARELY drops out, I just have to hit mode on the steering wheel and cycle back to sat radio and its fine.

I get why your worried, looking at a new car that is this expensive and seeing every possible issue highlighted as if the system is drop dead awful would be concerning to me as well, but I can tell you that is not the case with the ICTP system. Most, if not all of the issues that ICTP critics had were worked out in the ICTP super update, its very obvious C&D had one that had not been updated. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
To quote the late and not so great Spiro T. Agnew, to heck with all you "nattering nabobs of negativism." I love my F-Pace! I've never owned a car that I've enjoyed driving this much. In fact, I've never driven any car - which includes test drives of cars way beyond my budget - that I've enjoyed driving as much as my F-Pace. That, my friends, makes F-Pace worth it. I've had complaints but I also knew I was setting myself up to be a beta tester. I have absolutely no regrets. This car must be special. The ignorant backwoods trash who vandalized my car would not have bothered if he saw me getting out of a Subaru Forester. It was my F-Pace FE that made him envious as ****.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
To quote the late and not so great Spiro T. Agnew, to heck with all you "nattering nabobs of negativism." I love my F-Pace! I've never owned a car that I've enjoyed driving this much. In fact, I've never driven any car - which includes test drives of cars way beyond my budget - that I've enjoyed driving as much as my F-Pace. That, my friends, makes F-Pace worth it. I've had complaints but I also knew I was setting myself up to be a beta tester. I have absolutely no regrets. This car must be special. The ignorant backwoods trash who vandalized my car would not have bothered if he saw me getting out of a Subaru Forester. It was my F-Pace FE that made him envious as ****.
Not to get off topic but I missed the story about the vandalism!! Thats insane. But I agree, if this was any other car the infotainment would be an issue. But I don't even notice the ICTP issues because the F-pace is the best SUV drivers car out there, I bought the car and the infotainment just happened to come with it is how I look at it.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are some that will defend Jaguar until the end, you've encountered them here. The ICTP is very strange, I do not have the super update and have no issues at all. On the rare occasion the screen freezes it restarts two minutes later. The satellite radio RARELY drops out, I just have to hit mode on the steering wheel and cycle back to sat radio and its fine.

I get why your worried, looking at a new car that is this expensive and seeing every possible issue highlighted as if the system is drop dead awful would be concerning to me as well, but I can tell you that is not the case with the ICTP system. Most, if not all of the issues that ICTP critics had were worked out in the ICTP super update, its very obvious C&D had one that had not been updated. Hope that helps.
Glad you have not had the issues. But certainly the forum is loaded with guys who have had lots of problems with ICTP. And I've seen the "defend to the death forum syndrome" many times on different forums, cars, guns,ect.
Does not bother me. Somebody really can't be objective if they sank $60K in a product. Anyway the super update seems to have helped, and like most brands, second model year normally resolves many issues & brings improvements. I am seeing quite a few posts that say the 2018 is going to bring a price increase, I for one believe will be well worth it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
As I posted months ago, I have no problem going with the ICT even on a 2018 F Pace. I am heavily prioritizing the exterior looks and driving experience...not in that order necessarily.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not being negative, just processing info that I read. I do applaud you as a beta tester! If noone bought the first model year, there would be no 2nd,ect. As far as parking lot envy, I agree. My BMW 650i is red & draws alot of. attention.
I actually came out last week where it was parked at the far end of a parking lot, and saw a guy up close to it on the passenger side, looked like he was casing it. He didn't see me coming up until I was close with my Taser X26c in hand behind my back. Then he saw me, said nice car & walked off quickly. He came close to having a very bad day. Alot of scum out there.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Glad you have not had the issues. But certainly the forum is loaded with guys who have had lots of problems with ICTP. And I've seen the "defend to the death forum syndrome" many times on different forums, cars, guns,ect.
Does not bother me. Somebody really can't be objective if they sank $60K in a product. Anyway the super update seems to have helped, and like most brands, second model year normally resolves many issues & brings improvements. I am seeing quite a few posts that say the 2018 is going to bring a price increase, I for one believe will be well worth it.
Trust me, if you end up buying the F-pace it will be the greatest car decision you've ever made.

Reactions: bpmba

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trust me, if you end up buying the F-pace it will be the greatest car decision you've ever made.
Honestly don't think anything will ever top my 650i via European delivery. Now a Ferrari 488 Spider factory delivery........

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Honestly don't think anything will ever top my 650i via European delivery. Now a Ferrari 488 Spider factory delivery........
Okay... well if you were just a regular joe than it would be the greatest car you've ever driven, obviously if your driving a Ferrari and BMW 650i this may not be that awesome... but that exhaust note is!

·
Registered
258 Posts
First glad you have not had issues with yours. Certainly many owners have. As far as the comparison, while all computers/phones/tablets even TV's now need updates. None I have owned failed to work out of the box without major updates. The ICTP was simply released before it was ready. And while I agree there will be price increase for the 2018 FPace, I expect there will be improvements & refinements that along with it being a model year newer which has value, would make it worth the extra $.
I am not a defender of all things Jaguar. I have complained to Jaguar and have received compensation toward my next purchase. My biggest concern is not with the actual problems but how those problems are handled. So far Jaguar has taken care of everything in a very professional manner.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think we need to put this into some kind of perspective.

1. I've had no issues with my infotainment system, so I can't speak to the frustration that some will have but...
2. I do not believe this forum has sufficient information to guage the overall size of the problem. Not every F-Pace owner is on this forum (I suspect) and it is the nature of forums to focus on issues (ad nauseum) to the extent that they may appear to assume historic proportions. I wonder how many F-Pace units in the US have issues with ICTP and how that relates in percentage terms to users of our forum. I'm not trying to minimise the fact that some have had problems and certainly JLR need to step up to the plate and fix them and to this end, it looks as if they are.
3. We accept that JLR will resolve these issues and whilst they are an irritant until fixed, they appear not to effect the fabulous performance and driving pleasure of this vehicle.
4. Reflect perhaps on Microsoft and the number of bugs every one of their software issues has had. Almost every day there is a 'fix' for some issue and it's ongoing. There will be a collective sigh of relief when everyone's ICTP issues are fixed once and for all. For now, take a deep breath.
Happy New Year to you all.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay... well if you were just a regular joe than it would be the greatest car you've ever driven, obviously if your driving a Ferrari and BMW 650i this may not be that awesome... but that exhaust note is!
I have test driven a V6 Fpace. Does have a great exhaust note. But I do have great exhaust notes in my BMW & Infniti as well. The 650 especially, not much can compare with the sound of a twin turbo German V8.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts