Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm in the car buying phase and I'm on the fence between the 2017,18 F Pace or a 2017,18 BMW X3, X5.. I know they are older models but these are in my price range to get the most for my buck, I think.. I currently have a 2012 Lincoln MKZ, AWD, V6, fully loaded.. Extremely pleased with the MKZ and had 1 issue with my 6yrs of ownership, AC compressor went out.. I am definitely ready for something new and I like the crossover market but Jaguars are hardly seen here in Tennessee/Mississippi...My actual question is, in 2021/22 would buying a 2017,2018 F Pace be a good decision?? I definitely want a V6, panoramic/sunroof, I don't mind the buttons on the ICP (unless you all say otherwise and go ICTP), NAV, and honestly just a reliable vehicle..

HELP ME!!!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Recommend a 2018 model as the 2017 models came with 3G telematics and AT&T is expected to shut down that network early next year. If you’re at all interested in the connected services look for this. 2018 and newer models came with 4G telematics.

Recommend ICTP as that system gives support for Android Auto/Apple CarPlay on later software if that’s important to you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Recommend a 2018 model as the 2017 models came with 3G telematics and AT&T is expected to shut down that network early next year. If you’re at all interested in the connected services look for this. 2018 and newer models came with 4G telematics.

Recommend ICTP as that system gives support for Android Auto/Apple CarPlay on later software if that’s important to you.
What will that effect in the future? Will it effect the GPS? I bought a used f pace MY2017. I don't know how to even use half the options yet.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I'm with Gorgon, 2018 would be better than a 2017 due to the challenges we all had with the 2017, especially with ICTP, but there were also some drivetrain issues with the 2017s. As for the 3G network going away, the 2017s won't have connectivity when AT&T does their thing unless you update the telematics module in the car which I'm not sure is even possible. Randerson you'll need to chat with your dealership on what your options may be.

Reactions: Randerson1618

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for responding! So definitely need to go 2018. Another question, if you could only choose 1, would you prefer having the ICTP or V6 engine? I'm not sure my budget will allow both.. Is the 4 cylinder extremely slow? I personally don't mind the buttons on the ICT, but I love the digital cluster that I think only comes with the ICTP. Coming from a 2012 MKZ (albeit fullyloaded), I'm quite sure even the straight base mode F Pace would definitely be a huge jump up, in my opinion..

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
What will that effect in the future? Will it effect the GPS? I bought a used f pace MY2017. I don't know how to even use half the options yet.
GPS should continue to work, but the connected services that help with routing/traffic won't be available. This may be more or less important depending on if you have ICT or ICTP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there. I bought a 2017 f pace r sport used in October of 2017. I have loved the vehicle since day one, but would support these comments about looking for a newer model. The CarPlay function is very inefficient and oftentimes made me want to go trade it in as I desire things to work as intended. After exactly 4 years this Monday, I’m trading mine in for 2019 SVR. I’ve always desired a little extra power. So when the SVR arrived on the scene, I simply couldn’t shake the idea of not upgrading. I live in the mtns in Colorado and this Jag handles beautifully.
I recommend the Jag as despite the entertainment system being a tad unreliable, the rest of the car is just so sleek and functional to me. Go with the Jag

·
Registered
6 Posts
GPS should continue to work, but the connected services that help with routing/traffic won't be available. This may be more or less important depending on if you have ICT or ICTP.
I spoke to the dealer they said they be releasing an update or recalling the old units. I don't see that being possible. See what happens, I'll keep my fingers crossed they have a fix for the 3g issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts