Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so we took delivery yesterday, and every time we get out of the car this thing has come loose. Set up an appointment with the dealer tomorrow so my wife can take it down there and have them check it out, but thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced the same thing yet?

No tabs are broken as far as I can tell...

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
These are removed to use tow hooks. Tow hooks are use when FP is on the delivery truck and just not snapped back in after delivery.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mine came missing that piece--must have fallen out. Dealer supposedly has had it on order for three weeks now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, it's annoying and it isn't broken at all but doesn't seem to stay put for more than a day.... A minor annoyance but an itch that won't go away.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey so we took delivery yesterday, and every time we get out of the car this thing has come loose. Set up an appointment with the dealer tomorrow so my wife can take it down there and have them check it out, but thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced the same thing yet?

No tabs are broken as far as I can tell...
Yes mine is already gone so had the dealer order the part for me. those are tow hook covers and were probably used during transporting the vehicle.

mine was exactly like yours on day one, but eventually came off.

·
Super Moderator
1,865 Posts
While I was putting a coat of wax on the rear bumper mine opened up. Took a little while to get it back in place. I'll just have to wait and see if it opens on its own.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wife took it in to the dealer today which was the biggest waste of her time since the SA looked at it then said they'll order the part. Seemed to mention they had several others doing it and are waiting for a TSB.

I sent them a **** picture of the issue so it was sure nice to waste gas driving 25 miles to the dealership for that.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Wife took it in to the dealer today which was the biggest waste of her time since the SA looked at it then said they'll order the part. Seemed to mention they had several others doing it and are waiting for a TSB.

I sent them a **** picture of the issue so it was sure nice to waste gas driving 25 miles to the dealership for that.
Amen brother. Ours is doing the same thing. Obviously another hare-brained junior engineer achievement. I have a feeling it might be faster to engineer a fix myself than to wait for the "official" Rev 2. This is one of things that I feel is really going to shoot the top of their "get-to-it" list - :(

You know, doesn't everyone have a QC person in charge of the final product? Man, that guy needs to go to the whippin post. Maybe Jag just got to a point and said "blow these cars out the door, make the sale, and we'll deal with these little problems as we go - at least they'll have their bloody cars"

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I picked up mine a month ago my salesman handed me a small ziploc bag with an extra black one and sliver one. I wasn't sure what they were until the black tow hook cover on the back bumper started coming loose the very next day. I kept pushing it back in for a few days and then figured I'd replace it with the spare one to see if that fixed it. When I took out the spare I noticed it had a very small piece of double-sided tape on it. I put the spare in and have not had a problem since.

The tape on the spare made me feel like they knew the problem existed and that was their fix, albeit very cheap. Seeing as you don't notice it, it has worked, and I'll probably never take it out, I let it slide. If they come out with a better piece I'll replace my ghetto version! :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
The benefit of the "trophy wife effect" is no matter what her shortcomings, she is **** pretty to look at! And she can move with the best of them too.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The benefit of the "trophy wife effect" is no matter what her shortcomings, she is **** pretty to look at! And she can move with the best of them too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same here. Had mine 3 days now and noticed it a few hours after getting home with it. Other than that and the hood alignment which I have an appointment to get sorted I have no complaints. Really enjoying my first Jag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hah, mine came loose on the drive home from the dealer. Put the piece back in place but it keeps coming loose and just dangles there. Jeez!

·
Registered
80 Posts
A touch of Super Glue on the sides solves the entire problem
After all, unless you are shipping the car back to England, you are not going to have to access the tie-down port ever again, right?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts