Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

British Racing Green....Hideous?!

55K views 96 replies 55 participants last post by  Caymus 
#1 · (Edited)
So, being a Jag traditionalist, I couldn't think of a better colour to order my F-Pace in than British Racing Green. It looks stunning on the F-type, so I have been really looking forward to what it will look like on the F-Pace. And then I saw this hideous photo....

Now I am having serious, SERIOUS, second thoughts if this is really what it looks like. I am really hoping this pic is of some other colour....

#3 ·
That looks like it might be really really dirty. And the picture appears to have been taken with a potato.

However, I initially wanted british racing green with the brogue interior, but my salesman talked me out of it, said none of his longtime Jag customers had gone with that color since there is nothing traditional about the Fpace. I went with black, kind of wish I had gone with the dark grey but you can't go wrong with black IMO.

#6 ·
That is exactly the combo I went with - BRG + Brogue. My dealer was telling me that resale is harder on BRG because it tends to attract a very specific subset of Jag enthusiasts, whereas a lot of the other colours have broader appeal. So it doesn't surprise me your dealer would talk you out of it. I am hoping this really is just a potato picture... I think I am going to stick with the BRG for now since my heart was so set on it.

#4 · (Edited)
It's kind of hard to tell from the photo because the car is obviously dirty. It's either the British racing green or the dark blue. Either way, I know you guys will never let your F-Paces get that dirty. That is the downfall of black and other dark colors, got to keep em clean to look good.

#5 ·
I would change to another color.

#7 ·
I'd stake my life that is NOT BRG. That looks like a very very dirty Dark Sapphire Blue taken with an Instamatic camera from 1970 on a cloudy day with a smudged lens.

Personally never been a fan of BRG, but I saw that color on a XJ when I went to the dealer last time and it looked very nice. Way better in person. And not on Instamatics.

Reactions: Peter
#10 ·
Desperately hoping you are right! ALl the BRG Jags I have ever seen in person looked stunning, so I was just hoping that the F-Pace BRG is the same BRG that is used on the other models... not a variation that is lighter or something. I hope I am panicked over nothing ;)

#9 ·
Prestige and Portfolio models come with the chrome window surrounds, while R-Sport and S models come with the black. I personally wanted the chrome window surrounds (more traditional Jag), but alas they refused to add them to my S.

#17 ·
F-Pace S in British Racing Green with Black 22-inch rims and Black Pack for me and can't wait.

I may or may not have already seen an F-Pace S in my specs in person and, while I am not officially permitted to tell you, it may or may not look epic in person. ;)

That pic posted by the OP is horrible. I will say that getting the black pack and black rims is good with BRG. Chrome trim and silver rims doesn't really work too well with it.

#20 ·
That link with a picture of the F-Pace in all colors is great! It begs the question, why would the top 3 premium colors be so much more money? While I know manufacturers will charge extra for some colors, I do not believe I have ever seen a second higher level of colors offered, in this case for an extra $1,500.

#23 ·
You do know that true BRG is not metallic?

#24 ·
You do know that correct true BRG is not metallic?

#25 ·
Of course, but what does that have to do with anything? A non-metallic version isn't offered on modern Jags, so this is the closest you can get.

#27 ·
TorontoAdvocate, he is talking about true, traditional British Racing Green. A well documented historic vehicle colour... not the new Jag version of BRG which, as you point out is metallic. I believe the point he was trying to make is that true a true Jaguar purist it colour offered on the F-Pace isn't true, historic BRG.

Reactions: JK8112
#29 ·
Btw for those interested, we looked up the reg of the car in the original pic and it is listed as "blue". No fears that it could be BRG.

#31 ·
I'd say no. The black on BRG is just too dark. remember that BRG looks almost black in anything but sun light. I personally think the satin chrome pops against the BRG and looks great. Not a huge fan of the black pack on really dark colors because it takes away all contrast.

#33 ·
Strongly suggest that everyone in USA and particularly those in Colorado completely avoid BRG completely.

That way mine will be only one on the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.