Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 2020fpace svr. had to replace brakes at 10000 miles. now at 25000 and have to do it again. dealership says this normal. at 2400$ for just front appears to be a hefty routine maintenance cost. was told that it is a race car. i have a hard time believing that jaguar was ok with the life of those brakes. the dealership acknowledged that it is high but didn’t do anything past that. for as expensive of a vehicle it is. there are also a lot of problems. has anyone experienced this and if so, what actions were taken to resolve the problem

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes that’s early I’d expect maybe 20,000 miles on the brakes 10,000 seems early but all depends how hard you press the pedal , you could get a second opinion dealers seem to replace pads far to early. I wouldn’t go a Jaguar dealer for pads easy replace yourself and doesn’t effect warranty , just go there for your basic services,that price is a joke . They ain’t no race car just a high performance suv

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that’s early I’d expect maybe 20,000 miles on the brakes 10,000 seems early but all depends how hard you press the pedal , you could get a second opinion dealers seem to replace pads far to early. I wouldn’t go a Jaguar dealer for pads easy replace yourself and doesn’t effect warranty , just go there for your basic services,that price is a joke . They ain’t no race car just a high performance suv
i agree. going to change the pads myself. having a bit of a hard time finding the big rotors. this one has a 16 or so diameter. i’m really not happy with this and it appears a lot of people are having similar issues. i wish jag wwould stand behind their product better. also having issues with the media player. i don’t think it is asking much when you spend close to six figures on a vehicle to expect things to work

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
180 Posts
After reading other posts regarding pad and or rotor replacement, the consesus is to find a reliable independent mechanic. JLR is only for warranty service.

Stu

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After reading other posts regarding pad and or rotor replacement, the consesus is to find a reliable independent mechanic. JLR is only for warranty service.

Stu
yeah it would appear to me that jag would stand behind their product a bit more. totally disappointed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
10,000 miles for rotors and pads? That does seem really fast, but didn't someone else post that Jaguar is aware of a problem with the SVR brakes (maybe just the pad compound?) and there is a Technical Service Bulletin that substitutes different parts?

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
180 Posts
From a previous post regarding SVR brake pads:

Porterfield now makes SVR F Pace carbon compound pad. Street performance, low dust
Part numbers
Front APFPACE19F $199.95
Rear APFPACE19R $159.95
$379 Including shipping

Wendy Charlier
General Manager
Porterfield Ent
(949) 548-4470

www.racebrakes.com

Stu

·
Registered
17 Posts
My BMW warranty included replacement of pads and rotors. Wish JLR was the same. Surprised that the pads wear out so quickly. The squeaking may be indicative of the abrasive braking instead of cohesive braking properties of the pads, probably need to bed in a bit more.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah my e46 m3 maintenance included rotors and pads, but you pay extra for bmw maintenance plans.

My 2019 SVR is up to 13000 miles and getting close to brake service time. I’ll definitely be going aftermarket, hopefully with some good reviews/recommendations from this forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah my e46 m3 maintenance included rotors and pads, but you pay extra for bmw maintenance plans.

My 2019 SVR is up to 13000 miles and getting close to brake service time. I’ll definitely be going aftermarket, hopefully with some good reviews/recommendations from this forum.
Are you saying the car is prompting you to change pads or actual physical checks of the pads show that they are due for a change?
I don't think any pads are manufactured to withstand only 13,000 miles of street driving.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You guys made me curious. My SVR has 15,000 on it, about 1/2 city, 1/2 highway. I have one of those little spring brake pad measuring sticks that you can use with the wheels still on. So the little stick's accuracy is somewhat questionable. But it has to be in the ballpark. My car has 4mm in the front and 6 mm in the back. That kinda surprised me. My last car was a cayenne that seemed to use 1mm per 10k miles. I had the car for 6 years and never had to change them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Had my SVR at the service and the advisor seemed well versed on the brake issues. He said it has been identified as a pad compound issue but to date jag has not released a fix. So
I think the torque vectoring using brakes may be the culprit
no chance it could be that. First that torque vectoring would kick in very limited circumstances, cornering, wet condition temporary slip, etc. basically so little and so shortly it would be negligible the impact

this is an easy one. The compound of the pads is not correct for these rotors/application. That is why f pace has glazing issues, squeezing, brake fad, and pad wear. Jag knows, and we’ll see if they decide it is cheaper to create a fix or whether they wait it out till warranties are gone.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
When I sold my JEEP Grand Cherokee it had 115K on its ORIGINAL brakes and they were still serviceable. Drove it thru traffic most of its life. There is no reason a pad can't last 40-50K unless they are the wrong material or defective....

·
Registered
3 Posts
At my service appointment I asked the technician to look at brake pad wear. AT 23k miles on my 2019 SVR he said have another year before needing to replace pads which would be around 35 K so I would expect much longer wear then 10 or 15k. Seattle has a lot of steep hills and I brake hard in city driving. Technician said need to replace bimetal rotor when replace pads so will be very pricey. I haven't had any issues with squeaking or performance and since only 269 SVRs made in 2109 maybe they used different pads in 2019 vs later years?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts