Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new to the forum, but I have had my 2019 F-Pace SVR since new. I am a little shell-shocked and would like a sanity check. So I replaced the pads & rotors at 27,000 miles, which I thought was early, but seems not so much, and I paid some amount I thought was excessive at the time... most likely in the range I am seeing in another thread... $3,500 seems to ring a bell (yes the rotors are the size of the wheels on my first several cars, so I get they are pricey.) Anyhow that was a couple of years ago. Since then I have piled on some miles and I am just about to turn 60,000, and again it’s time for a brake job. The Dealer just quoted me...... $6,339 for pads/rotors/labor/tax. I understand that this is a high-performance vehicle and maintenance is expensive.... but $6,339 for brakes and rotors? (Labor is $1,200 of this). Does this seem excessive to anyone else? Is anyone else experiencing costs this high for a brake job?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would they void the warranty if the brake rotors and pads are replaced in an independent workshop?
Well, it probably won't matter since I'll be out of Warranty in a couple of weeks (mileage). Since I made this post I found all the parts listed for $2,400 (not sure if they are in stock). Going with Porterfield pads will save a few hundred dollars as well as solve the brake dust issue.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello all. I am new to the forum, but I have had my 2019 F-Pace SVR since new. I am a little shell-shocked and would like a sanity check. So I replaced the pads & rotors at 27,000 miles, which I thought was early, but seems not so much, and I paid some amount I thought was excessive at the time... most likely in the range I am seeing in another thread... $3,500 seems to ring a bell (yes the rotors are the size of the wheels on my first several cars, so I get they are pricey.) Anyhow that was a couple of years ago. Since then I have piled on some miles and I am just about to turn 60,000, and again it’s time for a brake job. The Dealer just quoted me...... $6,339 for pads/rotors/labor/tax. I understand that this is a high-performance vehicle and maintenance is expensive.... but $6,339 for brakes and rotors? (Labor is $1,200 of this). Does this seem excessive to anyone else? Is anyone else experiencing costs this high for a brake job?
Yes, that seems very high even after the excuse for everything these days "Covid, supply chain, Covid, supply chain" ( repeat x 3).

I know the '21 SVR rotors are front 395mm and for some who knows reason the rears are 396mm. Are these the same as your 2019?

Looking around at several online retailers seems like the rotors, at the high end, should cost about $300 each, if they are in stock.

If you don't mind can you break out the $2,400 as I prepare myself for future shock?

Makes a guy almost consider finding if a ceramic brake donor from an F-type would fit. If you look at the "spy" photos way back before the F-Pace SVR was released (delayed) they were testing with carbon ceramic on some of their test mules. I don't think it ever made it to being a production option though.

Thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's worth having the brakes checked out by an independent shop. The Porterfield pads are a good choice (I have them on my F-Type). Plus, I'd bet even money that you don't really need the rotors. Typically, rotors are good through 2 sets of pads if you don't wear them through. However, JLR dealers commonly will insist they be changed as a set. A) They don't want to hear complaints if you end up having issues/squeals, and B) They have boat payments due. Not necessarily in that order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just had my rear pads and sensors only replaced at 68,000 miles and still had 3mm left, front. Pads still have 50% left. In the uk Jaguar dealers quote was for 2 x brake pads, sensors and discs(rotors) was £650.
I took my 2018 to a local dealer and they charged £150 for pads and sensors and said new discs were not needed. The pads are JLR approved. Thr garage took under an hour to fit also with new wipers. Think you're being well ripped off

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2019 SVR F Pace and just ordered porter field pads all over. Need sensors and rotors, but no one seems to have the rotors in stock. Any leads or links are appreciated for rotors or break sensors. Thanks in advance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts