Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a 2017 F-pace S approaching 60k miles. Took to dealer for yearly service. Came back needing tires and brakes. Their price was obviously ridiculous.

for the brakes, would you recommend pads only or rotors have to be changed ? Rear brakes are on red and front on yellow. Makes sense to replace all correct ?

tires - I know this has been discussed a lot but I had pirelli and considering continental (I have all season).

pricing dealer quoted me - $1300 tires
Rear brakes - $1100
Front brakes - $900

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had my brakes, rotors and sensors replaced just past 60,000 at Belle Tire. $1,100 out the door and they purchased the rotors and sensors from the local Jag dealership so factory parts other than the pads. Two years labor and lifetime warranty on the pads. Why not...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I had my brakes, rotors and sensors replaced just past 60,000 at Belle Tire. $1,100 out the door and they purchased the rotors and sensors from the local Jag dealership so factory parts other than the pads. Two years labor and lifetime warranty on the pads. Why not...
Its interesting to think that a place like that would have the competence and knowledge to do these right, but congratulations if they did ! I have one about a mile from me...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
It's a brake job.
That’s not really true, if it was a “brake job” you could get it done for about 300 bucks. There’s a little more to it on a jaguar F pace than there is on a Chevy impala. I wouldn’t necessarily just trust anybody to do it ....they could screw up the emergency or parking brake or some other system if they don’t know how to properly disable it....

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to update everyone. I went with continental tires and did rear brakes only. Job cost me $1550.

Tires were about $260 each
Rear brakes $435.

It was a fair price after all the research I’ve done. The owner of the shop had a Jaguar so I felt comfortable with them/him doing the work. I didn’t get top of the line brake pads and rotors but not bottom of the barrel either.

I’ll keep everyone updated on the tires if anybody is interested. So far i like the conti tires but they’re new and my old ones were pretty bad.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That’s not really true, if it was a “brake job” you could get it done for about 300 bucks. There’s a little more to it on a jaguar F pace than there is on a Chevy impala. I wouldn’t necessarily just trust anybody to do it ....they could screw up the emergency or parking brake or some other system if they don’t know how to properly disable it....
Can you even buy the Impala parts for $300? I've done brake jobs...when I had more time and less money. Agree on releasing the electric parking brake but a two minute search on this site reveals that secret. Otherwise, it's a brake job.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
ORDER SUMMARY
Item(s) Subtotal
$302.94
Savings
- $14.20
Enter Promo Code

APPLY
Deals
Save 10% when you buy a set of Duralast brake pads with any 2 Duralast or Duralast Gold Rotors. Sales tax not included.
Remove
SUBTOTAL
$288.74
Taxes and Shipping calculated at checkout

Yes... Yes you can....... Front and rear Rotors and Ceramic pads for 2014 Impala.... Places that do these daily can buy the parts probably 40% less than this wholesale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts