Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2017 20d Prestige in Sapphire Blue with 30,000 miles it's not certified but all service work was done by Jaguar of Boerne. Oh by the way I am in California but out here there are few diesels of any sort to be had so I had to go to Texas to get one! Iike a light interior and wanted low miles and something in a color other than White or Black, not a lot on the used market. I suspect there will be more with all of the lease returns. Can't wait to get the car! This will be my 3rd Jaguar and 4th diesel.

Derik

·
Registered
429 Posts
Excellent purchase! Welcome!

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,237 Posts
Welcome to the group. post a few pictures of your new ride.

DP

·
F Pace Expert
2,626 Posts
congratulations

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Congrats and good choice! Love ours !
Ironically, I did a search a few nights ago and 20D's ARE starting to be as rare as hens teeth out there... Thought maybe I might want to buy another one, since not many diesels on the market any more... Really not much out there !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I am going from a VW diesel Passat which was a great car until the fix which killed the power and MPG went down by about 5 mpg plus I needed a AWD. Too bad the diesel car run here in the US is already over not much demand but not many in supply either, and prices for the 20d seem pretty stable, I also believe most 20d owners are keeping their cars after the lease runs out due to the great MPG. I'll post photos when it arrives!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I also believe most 20d owners are keeping their cars after the lease runs out due to the great MPG.
That will all depend on their service record and no problem basis after 5/60. I'd love to say I could have this vehicle 6+ years and 100+k, which I WOULD unless it started throwing 2-4K$ fixes at me after warranty. Also a question of note, does your dealer PU and delivery service also end at the end of 5/60? or is that on a dealer by dealer basis?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess it's too early to tell but in the next year or so we will see how many leased cars are actually returned. I was tolld most are 3 year leases. There seems to be more every month but way more gas cars than diesels but that's probably due to the numbers sold and produced.

I am not sure what the Dealer PU service is? I am assuming you mean the dealers come and gets the car for services? I wasn't aware of that I just know my car with 30k miles has had 3 services so only has two more and 30,000 miles and 26 months left or so on the warranty.

I am curious to see how slow the Diesel is my VW had a 0-60 time of 8.3 seconds or so before the fix probably 9-10 after. I hope the F-pace feels fast compared to that.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
congrats on your F-Pace buy and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Congrats and may I say that you purchased a spectacular ride! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts