Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just about decided on the FP. I have test driven one, and spent time looking it over a the local launch event, but I still have a question about the boot or cargo space. I am seeing two different numbers quoted for the boot space. The Canadian and UK brochures and websites show cargo space with the back seats in the up position as 650 liters. This equates to only about 23 cu ft. The US website and brochure specs show a much larger 33 cu ft with seats up. All the specs seem to match with the rear seats down. I am trying to compare to my current SRX which according to the specs has 30 cu ft behind the seats.

Sales person didn't know why the difference on the cargo space specs so I will try on here, where answers seem to be much more readily available. Anyone know if cargo space is 23 cu ft, 33 cu ft?

·
Registered
186 Posts
It is 23 cu ft/ 650 litres with seats up. The US specs are already known to have tons of errors (ask any FE owner ;) ), so the 33 was probably a typo.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Take your stuff to a dealer, load it in cargo space, if it fits buy it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just about decided on the FP. I have test driven one, and spent time looking it over a the local launch event, but I still have a question about the boot or cargo space. I am seeing two different numbers quoted for the boot space. The Canadian and UK brochures and websites show cargo space with the back seats in the up position as 650 liters. This equates to only about 23 cu ft. The US website and brochure specs show a much larger 33 cu ft with seats up. All the specs seem to match with the rear seats down. I am trying to compare to my current SRX which according to the specs has 30 cu ft behind the seats.

Sales person didn't know why the difference on the cargo space specs so I will try on here, where answers seem to be much more readily available. Anyone know if cargo space is 23 cu ft, 33 cu ft?
what did you decide? is it a lot more space than the SRX? i am looking at the same thing, going from an SRX to an F Pace.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Coming from a BMW X3 2011 the cargo space is much larger in the FP.

I could not tell you the comparison with the SRX because, I would not even consider a Cadillac even the new XT5.

My biased impression is that most Cadillac drivers seem to need refresher courses in how to drive.

No matter how GM tries or at least advertises, the ride and handling is not close to a Jag or Bimmer.

The vehicle you drive reflects an image and in my mind Cadillac says old fart, someone who frequents steak houses, for gourmet dining (you do see a lot of Cadillacs parked in front of steakhouses) and wears flashy jewellery. Do you kind of get the picture in my mind?

Again in my biased opinion, every GM vehicle I have owned and I have owned two was a lemon.

I also found that their attitude in the service departments was terrible and that they were living 30 years back when GM dominated the market.

I know Trek recently posted about current GM quality rankings being at the top. I would still take a team of wild horses to drag me back to a GM dealer showroom. NO THANKS.

·
Registered
132 Posts

It's actually 33.5 cu ft as shown on the Jag website...
"F-PACE has an impressive 33.5 cubic feet of cargo space with seats up and a versatile 40:20:40 rear seat folding configuration. Every inch has been carefully considered for maximum usability".

2017 Jaguar F-PACE - The Performance SUV | Jaguar USA

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
It's actually 33.5 cu ft as shown on the Jag website...
"F-PACE has an impressive 33.5 cubic feet of cargo space with seats up and a versatile 40:20:40 rear seat folding configuration. Every inch has been carefully considered for maximum usability".

2017 Jaguar F-PACE - The Performance SUV | Jaguar USA
23 cu ft. would be extremely small... on par with some mid-size sedans. Not sure where 23 came from but thank you for the clarification.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does anyone know if two bikes will fit in the trunk with the seats folded?
Oh absolutely. I can fit my bike in my wife's Hyundai Elantra Sedan through the trunk with the rear seats down, so you'd have no problem with two stacked in the F Pace with the front rims removed. Having said that, it's pretty hard not to do damage somewhere if you're doing that regularly...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Boot or Cargo space

Coming from a BMW X3 2011 the cargo space is much larger in the FP.

I could not tell you the comparison with the SRX because, I would not even consider a Cadillac even the new XT5.

My biased impression is that most Cadillac drivers seem to need refresher courses in how to drive.

No matter how GM tries or at least advertises, the ride and handling is not close to a Jag or Bimmer.

The vehicle you drive reflects an image and in my mind Cadillac says old fart, someone who frequents steak houses, for gourmet dining (you do see a lot of Cadillacs parked in front of steakhouses) and wears flashy jewellery. Do you kind of get the picture in my mind?

Again in my biased opinion, every GM vehicle I have owned and I have owned two was a lemon.

I also found that their attitude in the service departments was terrible and that they were living 30 years back when GM dominated the market.

I know Trek recently posted about current GM quality rankings being at the top. I would still take a team of wild horses to drag me back to a GM dealer showroom. NO THANKS.

I also traded in 2011 X3 for the F-Pace. The F-Pace cargo space is definitely bigger, but I did prefer the retractable tonneau cover of the X3 (which also had the option to impose a barrier between the top of the tonneau cover and the roof to prevent objects from sliding into the back seat). I haven't yet had to remove the F-Pace cover when carrying objects. It is a relatively simple process, but there is no good place to store the cover once it is removed, even though the owner's manual shows that some versions have a dedicated storage location. I find that the owner's manual is very misleading as many of the features are not identified as only applying to specified trim levels.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts