·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
64 Posts
I believe the F Pace already has stand out character. That's what attracted me to Jaguar. The FP is very sexy and unlike any other SUV currently out there. I do agree with the article that the interior of the FP could be improved upon. The fuel tank capacity increased and the interior controls more user friendly. But dont mess with the size of the cargo space. That is another deciding feature that sold me on the FP

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I'm not sure where they could go, but I think what I read in the article is that they may move away from the common design traits throughout the range. So I think that means that the F-Pace could pick up some new lines, or harder creases than say the E-Pace or look completely different than the sedans. I'm hoping though that the change for the F-Pace is small and simply just freshens up the already good looking lines as Jiggy said. We'll have to see, I'm in no rush for my next SVR but it will be a Jaguar F-Pace SVR unless I'm unhappy with the engine or design shift.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
This reads as Julian Thomson trying to make his own impact on overall design language given he has some large shoes to fill taking over from Ian Callum. I just hope he doesn't over compensate and destroy the existing design language by being too aggressive.

·
Registered
217 Posts
This reads as Julian Thomson trying to make his own impact on overall design language given he has some large shoes to fill taking over from Ian Callum. I just hope he doesn't over compensate and destroy the existing design language by being too aggressive.
OMG, remember when Chris Bangle took over design for BMW . . . and they ended up with the unpopular "Bangle Butt"??? I hope Julian isn't another Chris. Fortunately Chris was asked to "move on" after that design disaster.

·
Registered
33 Posts
OMG, remember when Chris Bangle took over design for BMW . . . and they ended up with the unpopular "Bangle Butt"??? I hope Julian isn't another Chris. Fortunately Chris was asked to "move on" after that design disaster.
I doubt it. His first redesign was the 2021 F-Type and I think it's gorgeous.

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
443 Posts
I doubt it. His first redesign was the 2021 F-Type and I think it's gorgeous.
Redesign? Maybe update, or slight re-skin. Except for reshaping headlamps and some hood vent alterations, it looks virtually the same. Thank God.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts