Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Bluetooth/USB disconnect to FM radio

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Mikeg 
#1 ·
My question is below the following two notes:

When I am playing music with the phone plugged into USB and pull the cord out of the phone music stops, of course, and the system switches it self to FM.
When I am playing music with the phone plugged into USB and pull the cord out of the phone music stops, of course, and the system switches it self to FM.

When I play music via bluetooth and get out of the car, and get back in alittle later, sometimes it will play whatever I’m listening to right where it left off. Sometimes for whatever reason the music doesnt play and the system switches to FM radio.

MY QUESTION is, is there anyway to have the entertainment system default to sirius XM instead of the FM radio when one of the events above happens? Really frustrating quirk that is annoying to deal with when the car is just started and i have to fumble through the screens, when the system is sluggish because its booting up. Id rather have it default to XM radio, or honestly even better just do nothing and stay in bluetooth/usb input.

#2 ·
This happens to me when I disconnect from Car Play.
My workaround is to select Sirius XM before I open the door and I lose power.
Shouldn't have to, but that's what I do.

#3 ·
I’m in rental cars 10 days/month. They all seem to do the same thing - Nissan, Jeep, Chev.... Right back to FM or sometimes AM, and if you forget to turn the volume down..... 100 Watts of whatever is tuned, blasting back at you, is always a good time. They all seem to default to whatever is the “top” source selection when the USB or bt audio source is pulled.

#4 ·
Welp, that sucks. Love my R-Sport but there are a few quirks/issues that really make me miss my old Audi, I haven't even hit my first service yet but based on my short dealings with my local service department I feel like that is going to be a disappointment too. If I had to do it all over again knowing what I know now, as much as I like the F-Pace, I would get a new Q5 again instead. Rant over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.