Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the 2017 Canadian International AutoShow (CIAS) in downtown Toronto this past weekend and couldn't help but notice that every manufacturer is offering their own take on "Caesium Blue" as a paint color option this year. The blue (or a similar looking hue) was on many cars at the show from many manufacturers. It's bound to not be as popular as silver was or white currently is because of it being much less conservative, but it definitely had noticeable presence. However, unlike silver and white paint, not all shapes can pull this "blue" paint off as it tends to be better-suited to sportier vehicle designs. Interesting to see how similar palettes trend across the entire industry though.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Went to the 2017 Canadian International AutoShow (CIAS) in downtown Toronto this past weekend and couldn't help but notice that every manufacturer is offering their own take on "Caesium Blue" as a paint color option this year. The blue (or a similar looking hue) was on many cars at the show from many manufacturers. It's bound to not be as popular as silver was or white currently is because of it being much less conservative, but it definitely had noticeable presence. However, unlike silver and white paint, not all shapes can pull this "blue" paint off as it tends to be better-suited to sportier vehicle designs. Interesting to see how similar palettes trend across the entire industry though.
Even if you don't like Lexus design, I think their ultrasonic blue mica is one of the best looking blues right next to Jags CB. I think the color compliments the sheetmetal very nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
I really like blue cars. I really wanted my previous A6 to be in Audi's Estoril Blue, but as a "custom color," it would have cost me a few grand - not really worth it for a lease. I would have gotten CB for my FP if I could have. Of course, as well all know, that was exclusive to the FE for '17. Hopefully, next car, I can get a blue that I like.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I really like blue cars. I really wanted my previous A6 to be in Audi's Estoril Blue, but as a "custom color," it would have cost me a few grand - not really worth it for a lease. I would have gotten CB for my FP if I could have. Of course, as well all know, that was exclusive to the FE for '17. Hopefully, next car, I can get a blue that I like.
My S4 is Estoril Blue. Beautiful color, but much like black, very hard to maintain - it shows every imperfection. I'd have rather had a grey or white.

The grass is always greener I suppose. :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Does anyone have any opinions that have Polaris white VS Glacier white? We have seen the obvious non metallic vs metallic composition and depth of gloss of the Glacier....
Do people really like Polaris white? I think of it as Appliance White ! My wife want white but really can't decide... Only negative to Glacier to me is isn't as quite as stark white as Polaris is from a distance
Going to go with the blackout pack and wheels too FYI....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts