Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scratching my head trying to figure out that at the time you order your car the black rims cost an extra $1,500 but when you want to purchase them after the initial purchase it is $977 per rim.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My guess: They are giving you the black rims *instead of* the default rims, so that accounts for some of the difference. The rest is just markup/profit.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Correct. The $1500 is the delta price over the cost of the standard rims. So with a little math it looks like the standard rim is ~$600 ea.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes sense. Time to sell the other kidney ?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like the idea. Any recommendations where they will do it right? - Thanks!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have to thank this forum regarding rims. I ordered with standard rims but after seeing some of the pictures I changed my order not just from standard rims to black rims, but I added black package and changed interior to black. It's not that much extra but it looks way cooler in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Like the idea. Any recommendations where they will do it right? - Thanks!
My dealer had a wheel shop they used and they backed them up 100% so I had no issues trusting the process. Im not sure where in PA you are located but the shop my dealer used was right across the Delaware/PA border, I would ask your dealer if they recommend anyone.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I found a car I liked had everything except black pack and black wheels. I had wheels powder coated and now trying to decide if I should get grille and side vents vinyl wrapped.
I personally didn't go with the black pack but in your case I would definitely black out the side vents, grill and tint those front 2 windows. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also had dealer paint rims on our new XJ. They did it when tinting glass and gave me a new XF loaner while they did it. Very happy with results

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those rims look great. Hopefully my dealer offers that service.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Reactions: 3rdsCharm
1 - 20 of 21 Posts