Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-

I recently ordered an ammonite gray R sport without black pack. After seeing one in person, I really like the black pack rather than the chrome front and side vents. My order was too late to change as it was already very near build date.

Has anyone looked into cost and ability of putting on the black pack at dealership? Is this possible? I see the black side vents you can buy, but didn't seen grills and other parts available.

Also- does anyone have a picture of an ammonite gray- R sport with chrome and 20 inch silver blades wheels- still haven't seen combination in person.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
This has been done by a couple of owners. Costs and details are in other threads. You might want to search "Black Pack" and see if you can find those threads. It is doable, but I think it's a bit costly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We are in the same situation. The wife was back and forth on whether to get the black pack or not and ended up not. Now she is regretting it lol. It is definitely doable but costly.

I am looking at some alternatives. People have done gloss black vinyl wrap on those chrome trim with good results. Most good tint shop offer this service. About $200 - $300.

I've also seen people use plasti-dip on the chrome trim, but I think it will not look as good as vinyl wrap.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
We are in the same situation. The wife was back and forth on whether to get the black pack or not and ended up not. Now she is regretting it lol. It is definitely doable but costly.

I am looking at some alternatives. People have done gloss black vinyl wrap on those chrome trim with good results. Most good tint shop offer this service. About $200 - $300.

I've also seen people use plasti-dip on the chrome trim, but I think it will not look as good as vinyl wrap.
I went with the vinyl alternative, more to figure out if I really wanted and would be happy with the black look. Paint isn't reversible, but vinyl is. I've been happy, but right now I've stayed with the Vinyl. Pictures of my FE are in my garage if you want to see how it looks. The biggest issues i've seen with vinyl is on really curved surfaces its more difficult. So I had originally had the mirror caps done, but I had to back off of those since with those heavy curve, the vinyl needs to be stretched to the point that over time it starts to shrink back and you start seeing gaps. If you are doing mostly flat surfaces, side trim, front grill surround, window trim, etc. it works pretty well. The rear Bumper blacked out around the exhaust outlets with vinyl is a little more difficult due to the curves there.

I think Vinyl will hold up better than plasti-dipping, both of them are reversible, Paint will hold up best but isn't reversible.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I went with the vinyl alternative, more to figure out if I really wanted and would be happy with the black look. Paint isn't reversible, but vinyl is. I've been happy, but right now I've stayed with the Vinyl. Pictures of my FE are in my garage if you want to see how it looks. The biggest issues i've seen with vinyl is on really curved surfaces its more difficult. So I had originally had the mirror caps done, but I had to back off of those since with those heavy curve, the vinyl needs to be stretched to the point that over time it starts to shrink back and you start seeing gaps. If you are doing mostly flat surfaces, side trim, front grill surround, window trim, etc. it works pretty well. The rear Bumper blacked out around the exhaust outlets with vinyl is a little more difficult due to the curves there.

I think Vinyl will hold up better than plasti-dipping, both of them are reversible, Paint will hold up best but isn't reversible.
I personally think the FEs should have came with the black pack, especially the silver FE. I think the Blue FE would look really good with the black pack. Really like the look of yours... especially those wheels

·
Registered
52 Posts

Thanks PA-FPace-F. Do you have closeup pics of the vinyl wrap around the window trim? It looks like you chose matte black vinyl? I am thinking of going with gloss black vinyl.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Thanks PA-FPace-F. Do you have closeup pics of the vinyl wrap around the window trim? It looks like you chose matte black vinyl? I am thinking of going with gloss black vinyl.
Pretty sure he has it carbon fiber wrapped. He's posted many pictures in different threads, he might have some in his garage. It looks really good.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Ultraman, I actually have an First Edition, so my Window trim came with the standard black from the factory. I went for Carbon Fiber Wraps around what would normally be the Black Pack on an S. With that option, the front center and side grills, side vent, side trim at the bottom of the doors and rear diffuser which are normally silver on a S, are painted black. Those parts are exactly what I covered with a vinyl that looks like carbon fiber. I included the shots of this work below. Black glossy Vinyl or even black flat vinyl could be used in place of this and probably even be easier to apply since you don't have to worry so much about the pattern and over stretching it. On the FE the side vent (the one that says jaguar) was already black from the factory. To me that would be the one piece that may be difficult to vinyl.

These pieces being done with Vinyl was cheap, only $250 so it was worth it for me to do it and see how much I would like the car with those pieces black as I stated above.

Reactions: flyboy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow that looks very nice PA-FPace! Haha did you wrap your rear sensors too? Does it still work? I plan to just wrap the window trims and grill. I plan to buy new side vents.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Wow that looks very nice PA-FPace! Haha did you wrap your rear sensors too? Does it still work? I plan to just wrap the window trims and grill. I plan to buy new side vents.
Actually, they did the rear diffuser twice. First time they cut out the sensors. Second time they left them covered (probably forgot) and when I picked it up I didn't notice they weren't cut out. What I've found is they still work fine. Go figure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow! That looks awesome! I like your idea! I'll consider doing my own vinyl wrap project as well but will probably seek some professional help from Gatowraps.com and Gatorprints.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my opinion, vinyl wrap is much more practical and gives awesome look too. My vinyl wrap project was installed by Gatorwraps and I am very satisfied! You might also want to visit Gatorprints.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello all-

I recently ordered an ammonite gray R sport without black pack. After seeing one in person, I really like the black pack rather than the chrome front and side vents. My order was too late to change as it was already very near build date.

Has anyone looked into cost and ability of putting on the black pack at dealership? Is this possible? I see the black side vents you can buy, but didn't seen grills and other parts available.

Also- does anyone have a picture of an ammonite gray- R sport with chrome and 20 inch silver blades wheels- still haven't seen combination in person.

Thanks
I'm late to the convo, but figured chiming in could still help others. The price we paid for getting the black pack through dealership was ridiculous compared to when building. We got this done to the F-Pace and it cost the following:

$292 - Mirror Caps
$584 - Side Vents
$527 - Grill

We passed on the mirror caps being that the F-Pace was ebony black. So overall it was $1111 :eek:

Much happier with the look but definitely would've looked into vinyl.

·
Registered
521 Posts
$292 - Mirror Caps
$584 - Side Vents
$527 - Grill

We passed on the mirror caps being that the F-Pace was ebony black. So overall it was $1111 :eek:
WOW, I am a big fan of the black pack, but those are crazy numbers. Fortunately my desired configuration will not be found on lots, with or without the black pack. So, it is ordering for me.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I'm late to the convo, but figured chiming in could still help others. The price we paid for getting the black pack through dealership was ridiculous compared to when building. We got this done to the F-Pace and it cost the following:

$292 - Mirror Caps
$584 - Side Vents
$527 - Grill

Much happier with the look but definitely would've looked into vinyl.
Wow... $350 for the blackpack if you add it to your build... $1111 if you do it after the fact and that isn't even the entire thing. The rear valance and side sills would probably add another $800-$1000 so over $2000 total.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow... $350 for the blackpack if you add it to your build... $1111 if you do it after the fact and that isn't even the entire thing. The rear valance and side sills would probably add another $800-$1000 so over $2000 total.
Exactly. I wasn't aware of the vinyl option, but I definitely would've looked into that. You are correct on the side sills also being that we did not touch these. Not sure on the cost for this? We also had the wheels painted black as well. Overall though, completely satisfied with the look!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My wife wants the chrome ones after getting the black pack. I would love to get my hands on some. If anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
My wife wants the chrome ones after getting the black pack. I would love to get my hands on some. If anyone is interested.
You should have no problem finding a trade! Me, I like the chrome ones, the contrast. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would love to trade you but not sure what the cost is to remove and install these things. Plus shipping might be cost prohibitive.

Reactions: OneTwo

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven't attempted to remove the existing ones. I found some on Ebay that are the Glossy Black. I am thinking about buying a set and possible dipping em. I hate that she spent the money on the black pack. I would have rather had the Trailer hitch Factory installed. Women, Whatcha going to do. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts