Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post... Feel like they new kid in school.

Anyway, I purchased an almonite gray with the black package and was hoping to find an option to replace the rear hatch leaper logo with a black or black chrome one. I only found some options shipping for overseas but not sure if it would fit. I guess I could have it sprayed black (absolutely no plastidip) but was looking for an easier and classier swap. This is assuming the logo is attached with 3M tape.

Anyway... nice to meet you all and greetings from the nanny state of NJ.

Also wishing for black exhaust pipes but I might be stretching it now.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I like the idea of the black leaper too when mine arrives. I have used plastidip on my Evoque and I think it is an excellent product, and easy to use. Plastidipping the leaper would take no time at all and not require removal. I am also thinking of using clear plastidip on the door sills, to prevent scratching.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Anyway, I purchased an almonite gray with the black package and was hoping to find an option to replace the rear hatch leaper logo with a black or black chrome one. I only found some options shipping for overseas but not sure if it would fit. I guess I could have it sprayed black (absolutely no plastidip) but was looking for an easier and classier swap. This is assuming the logo is attached with 3M tape.

Hi
Sounds interesting. Will be happy to see how it turn out. Please share some pics after your mod

·
Registered
225 Posts
My dealer removed it and painted it black - my sales guy was loving the idea of a blacked out F-Pace and took it above and beyond what was wanted, but it turned out nicely. Even got the growler in the front blacked out.

Reactions: tmoreno

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

The "JAGUAR" script on the back along with the leaper is not attached with 3M tape, it is glued on there. I only know because I broke my 'G" and the glue was the only part left on the trunk. It must be somewhat simple to take off though because the dealer did it for me and it looks brand new.

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
All it takes is a 1500 - 1800 watt hair dryer and a pick tool to lift it off. It will be very hot. Too hot to handle.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Hey there David Rivera ! Is there any way you could change your freakin' avatar ?
It SCARES the CRAP out of me everytime I see it ! >:)

Reactions: jacoder

·
Registered
184 Posts
My friend just had a jag done with all blacked out badging. Dealer ordered new badging all around and had then painted fresh out of the box.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
My friend just had a jag done with all blacked out badging. Dealer ordered new badging all around and had then painted fresh out of the box.
So does it have a Solid Glossy Black look , or a Black Chrome look ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts