Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share the changes I've made since I got my Premium a couple weeks ago to show off the difference from start to finish.

Changes:
  • Replaced the grill with the black version
  • Front window tint
  • Debadged
  • Plastidipped the back leaper emblem
  • Replaced the crappy halogen bulbs with LEDs
  • 20" gunmetal wheels
  • Painted the side vents gunmetal (not noticeable in pictures) I tried red first but that looked really stupid.
  • Red caliper covers w/ Jag logos
  • Partially plastidipped the front leaper logo keeping the red
  • Wrapped the window trim with gloss black

I ordered the "side mouldings" with the intention of painting them gunmetal to match the wheels and vents but apparently, those aren't anything like the ones that come from the factory and they don't fit anyways. Still dealing with the dealership on this issue.

I'll probably remove the lower body panels and paint them gloss black but that's a big project for later on.

Let me know if you guys have any questions about the specifics of each change.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Those wheels look identical to the ones you can get on a Porsche Macan!
Very nice upgrades though, especially the headlights!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
The personality of the FP has completely changed, awesome!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Tastefully modified. Can't fear the Dip!! If applied judiciously, properly, and in the right spots, it can do wonders visually. I wouldn't cover a car in it, but I've used plenty of it on my current Volvo.

I'm still sold on the tinted front windshield, but that's just me being old school.

Looks great!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Very nice upgrades. Your new cat looks more aggressive and ready for some back road corner carving with those new wheels. Nice's transformed!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nicely done, the wheels are transformational!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Like the wheels? And plastidipping is an easy way to get the black pack without paying for it, haha.

Almost looks similar to mine but diff wheels and I didn't bother coloring my calipers.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Like the wheels? And plastidipping is an easy way to get the black pack without paying for it, haha.

Almost looks similar to mine but diff wheels and I didn't bother coloring my calipers.
I think I like the plastidip finish better than the gloss black of the "Black Pack" on the ones I've looked at so far.

I believe those are caliper covers, actually, not painted. Makes them look like "big brake kit" (ie: Brembo or Wilwood).

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thought I'd share the changes I've made since I got my Premium a couple weeks ago to show off the difference from start to finish.

Changes:
  • Front window tint
  • Debadged
  • Plastidipped the back leaper emblem
  • Replaced the crappy halogen bulbs with LEDs
  • 20" gunmetal wheels
  • Painted the side vents gunmetal (not noticeable in pictures) I tried red first but that looked really stupid.
  • Red caliper covers w/ Jag logos
  • Partially plastidipped the front leaper logo keeping the red
  • Wrapped the window trim with gloss black

I ordered the "side mouldings" with the intention of painting them gunmetal to match the wheels and vents but apparently, those aren't anything like the ones that come from the factory and they don't fit anyways. Still dealing with the dealership on this issue.

I'll probably remove the lower body panels and paint them gloss black but that's a big project for later on.

What did you use to wrap the window trim?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
*BRAVO* on the WHEEL choice !!! They look *AWESOME* !!! :D
They kinda have a *22" Wheel* vibe going on !!! Very Deceiving to the eye !!! >:)

·
Registered
472 Posts
@Brian - where did you get red caliper covers from?

Otherwise I like it! I already ordered black package, black rims, black interior and after seeing this I plan to replace original bulbs with LED as soon as I will be able to. Perhaps dipping would have been cheaper compared to black package but my car is already built, and should be en-route to NY now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Brian - where did you get red caliper covers from?

Otherwise I like it! I already ordered black package, black rims, black interior and after seeing this I plan to replace original bulbs with LED as soon as I will be able to. Perhaps dipping would have been cheaper compared to black package but my car is already built, and should be en-route to NY now.
Carid.com or the brand is MGP. I would have preferred the text/logo to be black and the little fake bolts are kinda cheesy but I just grabbed em real quick while I was ordering my wheels and didn't feel like making custom ones.

Mine came with the chrome vents but I added the black ones to be put on by the dealer. I plastidipped those while I waited for the parts to come in. After they put the stock black ones on I figure out how to take the vents out (quite easy) and painted them gunmetal to match the wheels.

I also dipped the orginal leaper on the chrome grill it came with. I did that one all black, no red, and I think I liked that more than with the red. It was 10x easier too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice mods! Love the black wheels! Had 5-blade wheels black powdercoated before we picked it up from the dealer(extra week wait) and it changes the whole look of the FP. Nice work!

·
Registered
7 Posts

Changes:

Front window tint
    Debadged
    Plastidipped the back leaper emblem
    Replaced the crappy halogen bulbs with LEDs
    20" gunmetal wheels
    Painted the side vents gunmetal (not noticeable in pictures) I tried red first but that looked really stupid.
    Red caliper covers w/ Jag logos
    Partially plastidipped the front leaper logo keeping the red
    Wrapped the window trim with gloss black

What LED headlights did you use?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts