Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed Jag's battery conditioner?
It's a CTEC device and Jag's price appears inflated.
Yet, it's their unit and their installation kit.
My FP(S) sits for days at a time and . . .

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sitting days at a time will not hurt anything. You battery is "conditioned" when you drive the car for 20 minutes or more, preferably on the highway at a consistent RPM/speed. If this was a summer vehicle that sat on a remote island or at a cottage for months at a time, I might invest in this.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You should be fine without a tender unless you're gone for a least a month at a time. I keep an eyelet installed in my F-Type for the dead of winter, but haven't really had a problem. I do find it useful for seasonal equipment, like a lawn tractor, and it probably pays for itself over time in added battery life.

You are correct that the Jag unit is from CTEK. You can find a range of models on Amazon. I went with one that has a reconditioning function:

CTEK (56-864) MUS 4.3
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006G14FK8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The current price is $73.39, although that may fluctuate; I paid $54.95 for it a couple of years ago.

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Well, I humbly do not think this is such a bad idea. From a previous post, mine sat for 2.5 weeks, and when I got in it to drive it again, it gave me a low battery warning. I think that anything over two weeks might benefit from a battery conditioner.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
mine sat for 2.5 weeks, and when I got in it to drive it again, it gave me a low battery warning.
Maybe because you think it is okay to leave the Radio & Climate Control ON when you shut the engine off !!! ;)

We left ours for 4-5 Weeks , and she started right up !!! :D
Just sayin' !!! >:)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Well, I humbly do not think this is such a bad idea. From a previous post, mine sat for 2.5 weeks, and when I got in it to drive it again, it gave me a low battery warning. I think that anything over two weeks might benefit from a battery conditioner.

I have 2 other vehicles that sit 3-4 months when I am in FL for the winter.. Doesn't phase them battery wise... Does the F pace do something that normal vehicles don't power wise?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have 2 other vehicles that sit 3-4 months when I am in FL for the winter.. Doesn't phase them battery wise... Does the F pace do something that normal vehicles don't power wise?
My FP sat for 1 1/2 months earlier this year, and started right up with no problems.
I feel you can kind of tell if your going to have a battery problem, by listening to how fast it turns over when you start it after sitting for a week or so.

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
@GRVR 4 or 5 weeks!!!!! How could you stay away from that beauty for such a long period of time.:eek:
TRUST ME , we did it for the Well Being of the F-Pace !!!
Our "Baby" was much SAFER in the driveway on our 7-Acre Lot , right in front of the house !!! ;)
*VR* was in Baltimore, MD getting a Cancer Surgery , and I stayed in the Motorhome with our 4-Legged Kids , in Frederick, MD !!! I commuted back and forth twice a day , everyday !!! She has family in Frederick , so they were able to ride into Baltimore with me !!! Fortunately , *VR* is able to do her Chemo-Treatments down here in Salisbury, MD , about 15-minutes from our home !!! There was NO WAY we were going to put the F-Pace into all the RIFF-RAFF back there in the city , and Hospital Parking Garages day-in and day-out !!! ;)
So when we got home , the F-Pace sat there looking all BEAUTIFUL , and started right up for us , as if to say "WELCOME HOME" , and then said "LET'S GO FOR A SPIN" !!! >:)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
My FP sat for 1 1/2 months earlier this year, and started right up with no problems.
I feel you can kind of tell if your going to have a battery problem, by listening to how fast it turns over when you start it after sitting for a week or so.

I would dare say this is either a bad battery or a unusual current draw in the F pace accessories.... They should be able to sit a few months no problem,,,,My opinion....

Reactions: MTHM

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
They should be able to sit a few months no problem,,,,My opinion....
That is a possibility but with all the computers in the car it depends on how many stay in some sort of sleep mode rather than just being off awaiting the car to be started.

My Corvette could never sit for two months w/o a battery tender.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'm also assuming the FPace comes with a good AGM battery ,correct?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here. For those of you who installed battery conditioners on you F-Pace, where did you attach them? I understand that on the F-Pace you are not meant to attach them directly to the battery.

Thanks!

·
F Pace Expert
2,553 Posts
Welcome back.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here. For those of you who installed battery conditioners on you F-Pace, where did you attach them? I understand that on the F-Pace you are not meant to attach them directly to the battery.

Thanks!
Yes I have attached directly to the battery. The wires are then brought out from the side panel on the right where there is a cover lid for the fuse and it is attached to the hook. I use c tek charger with cigarette lighter male end and it attaches to the other end from the battery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts