Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From time to time, while in reverse, I see the overlaid solid guidelines that project the path of the vehicle based on the steering wheel position. Not all the time. There are icons on the screen that should enable or disable the lines, but I can't press them (nothing happens when I do). Now I don't have the guidance lines icon that is mentioned in the manual (page 163) but I do have the enable/disable sensor graphics icon?!? Anyone?

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
From time to time, while in reverse, I see the overlaid solid guidelines that project the path of the vehicle based on the steering wheel position. Not all the time. There are icons on the screen that should enable or disable the lines, but I can't press them (nothing happens when I do). Now I don't have the guidance lines icon that is mentioned in the manual (page 163) but I do have the enable/disable sensor graphics icon?!? Anyone?
Here is an educated guess. The icons presented while backing up are not all necessarily available while in reverse and can only be (accessed) turned on or off while in the setup mode.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here is an educated guess. The icons presented while backing up are not all necessarily available while in reverse and can only be (accessed) turned on or off while in the setup mode.
Y educated guess? i thought you got your car already.....no?

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
I did, long story short, the Jag is at my sons house and the Corvette is in my garage, otherwise I would have gone out and tested it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure if you figured it out already.....

Not all the time.
If it's enabled, you should see it all the time while in Reverse.

There are icons on the screen that should enable or disable the lines, but I can't press them (nothing happens when I do)
This option should only be available when you turn on the rear camera while in Park not Reverse (at least when I tried it).

Icon colors: Blue = Enabled; Black = Disabled

You won't see the lines come up immediately (as it's in Park), it will show/not show only when you are go to Reverse afterwards.

You can test these by trial and error.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks jckc... that is exactly what I needed to do. In park, I turned on the rear camera. The icons at the bottom are still "disabled", but after a few moments, on the right side of the screen, the icon for the guidelines appeared.. pressed it quickly (was afraid it would disappear lol) and my lines are back! There is no way that I purposely turned them off, but it doesn't matter of course.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You're in better shape than I am. When my guide lines do show up it is usually after I place the vehicle in drive and start driving away from the parking spot. And then there are quite a few times when the back up camera doesn't even come in when I am in reverse.

The tech guy at my Jag dealer has a torn rotator cuff and is out 4 more weeks so it will be a little while before I can get all of this fixed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
BTW, when you guys list issues related to the ICT/ICTP, it's always best to mention which one is it.

ICT has been deployed for a while and is very stable (not that it doesn't have bugs). Mine is ICT and so far I've found it pretty stable (although rarely do I think UI can be more intuitive)

ICTP is the latest and greatest, which as you know there are a lot of horror stories. So expect some instability and lots of bugs.

If you guys have ICTP then 1st thing is to check if the FW is the most updated.

Though some features functions the same -- I'd assume they just use different FW base codes and share FW codes for some of the features w/ slight changes to how the interfaces show them......more or less)

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
BTW, when you guys list issues related to the ICT/ICTP, it's always best to mention which one is it.

ICT has been deployed for a while and is very stable (not that it doesn't have bugs). Mine is ICT and so far I've found it pretty stable (although rarely do I think UI can be more intuitive)

ICTP is the latest and greatest, which as you know there are a lot of horror stories. So expect some instability and lots of bugs.

If you guys have ICTP then 1st thing is to check if the FW is the most updated.

Though some features functions the same -- I'd assume they just use different FW base codes and share FW codes for some of the features w/ slight changes to how the interfaces show them......more or less)
I think the "sky is falling" mentality needs to be quelled. I haven't read one post that would qualify the ICTP system as a "horror story", and even an aggregate of posts doesn't qualify to meet that description.

Your results may vary, but our ICTP has been relatively stable, except for one time where it blacked out briefly. My 2014 Audi has retired out more than that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I only see solid lines when reversing. I drove a loaner XF and it had both the dotted, solid, and parking sensor activation guides as shown in the owners manual. Could not access settings to include these additional lines. What do you guys see when reversing? Perhaps another option that can only be turned on by the dealer?

Jaguar Owner Information

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think the "sky is falling" mentality needs to be quelled. I haven't read one post that would qualify the ICTP system as a "horror story", and even an aggregate of posts doesn't qualify to meet that description.

Your results may vary, but our ICTP has been relatively stable, except for one time where it blacked out briefly. My 2014 Audi has retired out more than that.
Too bad you were not closer to Chicago. You could drive my F-Pace around for 15 minutes. You would then know what a horror story is.

Back up camera not starting consistently. Half of the time it does it stays on for 30 seconds to a minute when I put it in drive. The phone disconnecting from the bluetooth after every call is ended. Having to start the car 3 or 4 times to get the ICTP to acctivate. I have never once seen the backup guide lines while in reverse. I have only seen them while in drive. I could keep on going but I don't want to aggravate myself any further.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I only see solid lines when reversing. I drove a loaner XF and it had both the dotted, solid, and parking sensor activation guides as shown in the owners manual. Could not access settings to include these additional lines. What do you guys see when reversing? Perhaps another option that can only be turned on by the dealer?

Jaguar Owner Information
I see only #2 solid lines as well. I'm w/ ICT. Are you w/ ICTP?

Have you checked w/ your dealer yet? I plan to check w/ them later.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So is it normal then and they "disabled" 1,3,4? idk, starting from 2016/17 models??

Anyone knows about XF/XJ/XE's?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an early F-Pace S with the standard ICT. I also only have the two solid lines. While it would be nice to see the dotted guide lines, what I really miss is the yellow and red "blocks" that show the rear parking sensors distance to an object. Interestingly, if you are in the range of an object, and you shift into neutral, the blocks will appear on the screen for a few seconds before the camera times out.

I have also had the entire system crash twice while in reverse. The picture freezes, and then the leaper logo appears.

I am convinced that the rear camera software is buggy. I have shown the dealer and I am waiting for an answer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So is it normal then and they "disabled" 1,3,4? idk, starting from 2016/17 models??

Anyone knows about XF/XJ/XE's?
Yep definitely in the new XF and XE models. the only reason I knew of the difference was because I had an 2016 XF loaner to drive. That got me curious and digging for answers in the FPace owners manual. I know it's a function that is there, just not enabled.

What i liked about these other guides versus a plain solid line was the #3 line for the proximity sensors would show up, and indicate how close you were to the obstacle. The #1 dotted line guides for safe working distance of the vehicle does wonders also, and being that the FPace is wider it definitely would come in handy. I could care less about #4.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My reverse lines are sporadic also. They worked today when I was in drive at 57mph though. Along with the back up camera.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 89 Posts