Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the backup camera to be angled such that you see this much of your bumper/license plate?

It would seem to be a bit wasteful to use about 20% of the vertical viewing area of the camera to see this much of your car.

If the camera were to be angled a little higher such that you only barely see the bumper, you could then see higher objects and potential collision hazards in your field of view that are otherwise missed by the back-up sensors..

I'd be curious to know if your back-up cameras have roughly the same viewing angle as mine.

The red line on the photo delineates the bumper.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
You have not said what technology you have. Can only speak to ICTP:-

For ICTP, when in reverse, the camera icon in the menu ribbon will toggle between two different views; one wide angle and the other more “normal”. Both show the rear of the car, but “normal” gives you a much “longer” view.

Curious that your image does not show any yellow back-up lines?!?

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,152 Posts

Hope this helps
My assumption is that he is using the camera in Park.

Mine is ICT, but same view. Will have to see if it has that second angle.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I do have a lowly prestige cat and so no multiple cameras for me.
In case this needs clarification, the functionality described (having both wide angle and "normal" view) relate to a 2017 Prestige F-Pace with ICTP and the Vision package. Note the rear-view camera is standard on the Prestige, as it is on the Premium. It certainly looks to me, like the same camera is used for both views, just a different field of vision.

Whether the Reverse Traffic Detection (part of the Vision Pkg.) influences the wide angle/normal view flexibility, I can't tell, but I doubt it. Perhaps someone without the Vision pkg. can comment.

Other than that, the F-Pace referenced does not any options for "multiple cameras", nor self-park etc.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
You have not said what technology you have. Can only speak to ICTP:-

For ICTP, when in reverse, the camera icon in the menu ribbon will toggle between two different views; one wide angle and the other more “normal”. Both show the rear of the car, but “normal” gives you a much “longer” view.

Hope this helps
How do you switch between the two angles?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
When in reverse, hit the camera icon on the menu ribbon on your ICTP touch-screen to toggle.
Oh yea it goes between the camera with the projection lines and just the camera (no projection).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can see our license plate as well. Chances are that the camera is mounted so as to reduce visibility issues due to lens flare when the sun is low in the sky behind the vehicle. So based on a fixed field of view, you get the convenience of being able to check that your latest registration decal is still valid.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I can see our license plate as well....... So based on a fixed field of view, you get the convenience of being able to check that your latest registration decal is still valid.
No decal required in PA anymore.
Got to be a better reason. Since the rear seems to get dirty very quickly, maybe it is to check to see if you need to wash your car:)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's nice to be able to see your bumper for positional reference against objects. I just don't think it's necessary to see that much of your bumper!

Waste of very expensive backup camera usable field of view!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Our back-up camera (2017 Prestige, ICTP) shows me a field of vision way longer than 120 feet behind the car. I can also see the tops of objects 5'3" tall, that are 5' 6" behind the card - taller the further back you go. Plenty for me to reverse safely.

When I toggle to wide angle on the touchscreen, I see objects immediately at the back. Nice feature for really tight spaces.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts