Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found on youtube nice video about testing cars on the artificial hill simulating the case when only one wheel has a traction (search for "Subaru Symmetrical AWD vs. Honda, Toyota, and Volkswagen" as I can't post the link). Anyone knows if the F-pace AWD system would pass such test?
I watched a lot of videos about Jaguar AWD but could not find F-Pace (on any other Jag) going through such scenario. I am guessing that it might not pass it (I hope I am wrong) but no evidence for this.
With this crazy winter we have this year in Tahoe I am wondering what I am going to give up in terms of snow driving comparing to my current Subaru Outback.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I've found on youtube nice video about testing cars on the artificial hill simulating the case when only one wheel has a traction (search for "Subaru Symmetrical AWD vs. Honda, Toyota, and Volkswagen" as I can't post the link). Anyone knows if the F-pace AWD system would pass such test?
I watched a lot of videos about Jaguar AWD but could not find F-Pace (on any other Jag) going through such scenario. I am guessing that it might not pass it (I hope I am wrong) but no evidence for this.
With this crazy winter we have this year in Tahoe I am wondering what I am going to give up in terms of snow driving comparing to my current Subaru Outback.
I have seen the video you are referring to but it was Acura and two other luxury SUVs. From what I can tell of todays AWD system is that they are able to send power to the wheel that has the most traction, whether that means making it up a steep hill with only one side of the car having traction im not sure, but I am very confident in Jaguars AWD system as they have Land Rover to feed off of and Land Rovers are right up there with Jeeps when it comes to drivability in bad weather and terrain.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
This video shows the F-Pace tackling a hill with traction only on one side of the vehicle. 30 second mark.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
There is another I watched from somewhere in Asia,Russia,or Japan (can you tell I was bored while waiting for delivery) that showed the F-Pace with three wheels on rollers and only one on dry dirt and it pulled away with the one wheel. I'm on my phone at work right now or I'd search and post the link.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The video with only one side having traction looks encouraging as it means that the torque can be split not only between front and rear.
As for the Jman97 comment that almost all current AWD system can do this I was really surprised about Honda, Toyota and Volkswagen on the video I initially mentioned. Those systems just do not work as I would expect AWD to behave.
AmmoPace, please send the link you are talking about if you find it. It would be very interesting to see this.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
What I remember being told about the F-Pace AWD system is that for the most part it is biased 90% RWD and 10% FWD..until the traction on the rears start to slip, then the magic goes to work...Cool

1 - 10 of 10 Posts