Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by a guy that has an Audi, not to take my Jag through an Automatic Car Washers, as it will short out the sensors? What are your thoughts (preferably with facts) on this issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Automatic car washes are not good for the car unless they don't touch the car at all like a No-Touch that just uses water and chemicals does. I hand wash or in the winter I use a No-touch car wash near me and I have done that with my last two SVR. F-Paces and I haven't had any issue with the sensors on those. To be honest I did use normal car washes when I got my first F-Pace from time to time and that car never had an issue with the sensors either.

Reactions: jtrosse

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace Type-S First Edition
22 Posts
Oh wow. I had not heard this. Usually not great to use brushes because it can scratch, but didn't know it could lead to a problem. Would love more feedback on this. Anyone talked to a dealer?

·
Registered
2020 F-Pace S Cesium Blue
29 Posts
That’s the most ridiculous statement. I guess rain isn’t wet and the sensors aren’t made for an automotive environment?! Other that that I’d agree for the integrity of the paint and scratches not to bring to a “brushless” car was with dirty strips of material spinning at high speed. Hand wash or No touch washes that are becoming more popular

·
Registered
43 Posts
The comment that going through a car wash messes with or disturbs the sensors makes no sense when the vehicle has to deal with driving through rain storms, snow/slush, etc. I have a ‘17 S SC that I bought new and it’s the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. Been taking it through brushless car wash since day 1 and have never had a problem. In fact it’s Glacier White and still looks pristine.

·
F Pace Expert
2,552 Posts
I've been using a car wash since purchase in 2017. Spring, summer and fall at least twice a month. No issues other than me not completely securing the rooftop bike rack arm and the car wash grabbing it and smashing through sunroof. A $12,000 lesson for me and State Farm. As far as sensors, no issues, ever. Do have to remember to turn off automatic wipers as car wash will suck the blades right off. I have my car fully wrapped specifically to protect paint through car wash and for road damage. Had done great for both.

Reactions: jtrosse

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was told by a guy that has an Audi, not to take my Jag through an Automatic Car Washers, as it will short out the sensors? What are your thoughts (preferably with facts) on this issue? Thanks.
The only problems I've seen are some car washes use a super high powered blower that can force water where it shouldn't go like through the sunroof seals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I always take mine to a self-serve (spray) type wash. As I am spraying the car, it repeatedly keeps going through the "lock" sequence where the lights flash and the horn beeps twice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I only go though a new style carwash at one of our Mobile's with the rolling road. I haven't had a problem yet and I wash/refuel the fleet every Sunday.

On the other hand, we have a C300 in the shop with corroded front and rear bumper sensors.

Apparently there are different grades of weather packs. Found this out when ski club let their triple rig sink at the dock one afternoon. While going through the reconditioning on the three E-TECH G2's we discovered certain color weather packs were 100% dry and others were completely soaked after being 5 feet down for a couple hours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I only go though a new style carwash at one of our Mobile's with the rolling road. I haven't had a problem yet and I wash/refuel the fleet every Sunday.

On the other hand, we have a C300 in the shop with corroded front and rear bumper sensors.

Apparently there are different grades of weather packs. Found this out when ski club let their triple rig sink at the dock one afternoon. While going through the reconditioning on the three E-TECH G2's we discovered certain color weather packs were 100% dry and others were completely soaked after being 5 feet down for a couple of hours.
advancedcardetailing
I Only owned my civic for a day, the garage I bought it from didn't do a brilliant job in cleaning it. OK, it is clean, but not as shiny as it could be. Needs some polish/wax at the least.

Last week I put my 307 through the "platinum" wash £7.50 at a local fuel stop, the finish was superb... much better than the job they've done (obviously very quickly and by hand) on the civic.

How does the civic 5dr hold up in these automatic car washes? I haven't got any shiny bits on it yet, but I'm hoping to get a trunk spoiler (genuine honda) at some point.

I know it's better to get all the kit and bottles and water off and polish and shammies and do it all myself, but I just want a better finish than just "wet it down, wipe, rinse" which is obviously all that's been done for me by the garage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts