Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I got into my S and went through my start-up activities. Turned on car/fastened seatbelt/engaged heated steering wheel/engaged heated seat/disengaged auto start/stop. Got to the first stop sign and the car turned off. I realized that the auto stop/start button stayed engaged and I can't push it down any longer to disengage it. Did I lock up the button within the past day or so by erroneously pressing some mystery switch? I was going to post this on the Auto/Start stop thread, but alas that thread was put to sleep last week:(
Full disclosure, the Sears row boat that has been strapped to the wall of the garage for the past 40 years, decided to come down 2 nights ago...missed the S by a couple feet thank God, but tackle and fishing poles rained down on her, so I'll be taking her into the body shop Monday for some work. I don't think that is related to the button malfunction, just a curious little side story:eek:

·
Registered
390 Posts
You just got one of the next versions from the manufacturer...where the "Off" button is just a passifier.;)

Seriously though, sounds like it's a problem with the switch itself.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Happened to me, but had accidentally engaged ECO mode

·
Registered
258 Posts
This might be the answer, I remember trying out the ECO mode, and the button did nothing.
Correct...When in ECO mode the Auto Start/Stop can not be disengaged.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just read the entire 'other' auto stop start thread.

What I gleaned from that is I MUST wear a seat belt? All the time?

To drive this vehicle?

·
Registered
50 Posts
What is an auto/stop button?

I have not used it in many, many months now. Its nice to have it permanently off and not affect nothing in the car. The car has been in the dealership a couple of times with it off and it is not a problem. :)

Best

·
Registered
278 Posts
What is an auto/stop button?

I have not used it in many, many months now. Its nice to have it permanently off and not affect nothing in the car. The car has been in the dealership a couple of times with it off and it is not a problem. :)

Best
Has the dealer even said anything about it?
Are there any idiot lights on? I assume just the one showing the system is off?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just read the entire 'other' auto stop start thread.

What I gleaned from that is I MUST wear a seat belt? All the time?

To drive this vehicle?
Why? If you don't mind listening to the annoying beep for not wearing your seat belt the car drives fine. I just drove to the gas station without my seat belt on without any problems.

While there a guy says to me he used to think the Porsche Cayenne was the best looking vehicle on the road. He looked at my FP and said the FP puts the Cayenne to shame.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Why? If you don't mind listening to the annoying beep for not wearing your seat belt the car drives fine. I just drove to the gas station without my seat belt on without any problems.

While there a guy says to me he used to think the Porsche Cayenne was the best looking vehicle on the road. He looked at my FP and said the FP puts the Cayenne to shame.
Thanks. I misunderstood.
BTW. The manual is 646 pages long

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You just got one of the next versions from the manufacturer...where the "Off" button is just a passifier.;)

Seriously though, sounds like it's a problem with the switch itself.

I think you are right about a faulty switch RQ. Today the auto/stop/start was off the whole day. Never had to disengage it once. But tonight, the auto start/stop button lit up upon starting and would not disengage. Not a major issue, just an added nuisance with that unnecessary button.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Could you double check this? It might be that I may have a defective AS/S button, but I when I drive in ECO mode, I am always able to disengage AS/S. I usually need to wait a few seconds after going into ECO mode, and also press the AS/S button two or three times, but once off, it stays off until I restart the FP.

I like that I can do this, and if it is a defect, I'm never telling my service manager about it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont believe so. Will check it out tonight on my way back home. I run in ECO almost always and ASS (;) Auto Stop Start) works!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I dont believe so. Will check it out tonight on my way back home. I run in ECO almost always and ASS (;) Auto Stop Start) works!!
I just drove my car and I cen not get the auto start/stop to disengage when in ECO mode. That seemed to make some sense to me so I did not question it. However I drive in ECO mode less than 1% of the time so it doesn't really matter that much to me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'll chime in also: in ECO mode, I am able to disengage the auto start/stop by pushing the button twice.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Could you double check this? It might be that I may have a defective AS/S button, but I when I drive in ECO mode, I am always able to disengage AS/S. I usually need to wait a few seconds after going into ECO mode, and also press the AS/S button two or three times, but once off, it stays off until I restart the FP.

I like that I can do this, and if it is a defect, I'm never telling my service manager about it.
I stand corrected. It took me pushing the auto start/stop button 5 times buy i got it to disengage.

Reactions: RSi
1 - 20 of 32 Posts