Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On mine, I don't have an Audio Mute Button on the steering wheel..My last car had it...And NO, turning the volume down in less than 5 mins isn't a viable option....Now I have to reach waaaaaay over to the center console to press the radio knob and if it's at night, I have fumble around looking for it in the dark because it isn't illuminated...what a piece of crap car....

LOL just kidding about the last part..>:)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
On mine, I don't have an Audio Mute Button on the steering wheel..My last car had it...And NO, turning the volume down in less than 5 mins isn't a viable option....Now I have to reach waaaaaay over to the center console to press the radio knob and if it's at night, I have fumble around looking for it in the dark because it isn't illuminated...what a piece of crap car....

LOL just kidding about the last part..>:)
I didn't even look for that when I did my test drive....annoying.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
For Future Reference , My Friend !!! >:)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
There's a Voice Command for that. No buttons, no fumbling.
Is that for ICT or ICTP or both? I love the mute function, makes life in drive-thrus much easier.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
There also a pause/mute button on the main screen in the audio window.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Is that for ICT or ICTP or both? I love the mute function, makes life in drive-thrus much easier.
ICTP. Can't speak for ICT.

BTW. This forum has been seriously consumed with the lack of Voice Control for the NAV function on ICTP. And, rightly so ..... it has been a major let-down and both printed and digital material boarder on false advertising. However:-

In our ire we, collectively, seem to have overlooked the power and flexibility of voice control for the rest of the system. It's amazingly simple to tune into a radio frequency, call a contact, mute the audio (as referenced in this OP) etc. etc.

Worth getting over the understandable initial disappointment and utilizing the functionality that is actually available to the fullest. FWIW

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you want frustration try voice commands on Acura navigation. You cannot input anything in the navigation while moving except voice commands. Then try voice commands. Near impossible. Especially if you have to spell on letter at a time. "R" pause ......................... "I" pause ......................... and so on. Processor is slooooooow. If the menu pulls up a listing i.e. fast food restaurants the navigation reads each restaurant name out (all 8 or so I think) until you SHOUT "Next" and goes to the next listing. Or if one of the restaurants is in the list you have to wait until all are read out until you can select i.e. the first one as a destination. Does not recognize me or my wife's voice especially spelling. Piece of crap and I though BMW was bad. I use a Garmin with dash camera which is super. I intend to continue to use the Garmin in the F-Pace until the Jag proves itself.

Anyone mounted a dash camera in their F-Pace. Locally last week two dash cameras captured two near headons from Semi drivers.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
581 Posts
No such voice command exists on mine..:|
You still haven't said whether you have ICT or ICTP. Hard to help folks if we don't know what exactly you are working with. If you have ICT, I can't comment.

For ICTP:-
1. ..... press voice button (on the steering wheel)
2. ..... say "audio off"

Audio turns off. Can't think of anything more simple.

----------------

As to Voice control generally, your quote below is taken from another thread.

I never use the dam thing....First of all, they used a snotty sounding British girl, with attitude..and then you got to read the dam list of commands she ONLY recognizes...so by this time, I'm drifting left of center or about to run up someone's tail pipe..
It doesn't sound like you are really interested in getting familiar with Voice Control. Try it without having to read "the dam list". It is actually very user friendly, and accommodating. E.g. in your example above, coming up with "audio off" isn't exactly rocket science. Guess what the command might be for turning the sound back on!

On the off-chance that perhaps you are interested in learning something rather than throwing stones, and assuming that you have not RTFM, you may also like to be aware that you can easily change from the "snotty sounding British girl, with attitude", to a voice more to your liking.

As always, to each his/her own.

Comments apply to ICTP - no ICT insights

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
2. ..... say "audio off"

-----
How long is the delay once you press the voice button? I don't use the voice commands in my current car b/c the delay is annoyingly long. I'll be getting the ictp and am hoping it is better in this area.

·
Registered
581 Posts
How long is the delay once you press the voice button? I don't use the voice commands in my current car b/c the delay is annoyingly long. I'll be getting the ictp and am hoping it is better in this area.
There's been no discernable delay anytime I have used it.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You still haven't said whether you have ICT or ICTP. Hard to help folks if we don't know what exactly you are working with. If you have ICT, I can't comment.

2. ..... say "audio off"

----------------

As to Voice control generally, your quote below is taken from another thread.

It doesn't sound like you are really interested in getting familiar with Voice Control. Try it without having to read "the dam list". It is actually very user friendly, and accommodating. E.g. in your example above, coming up with "audio off" isn't exactly rocket science. Guess what the command might be for turning the sound back on!

On the off-chance that perhaps you are interested in learning something rather than throwing stones, and assuming that you have not RTFM, you may also like to be aware that you can easily change from the "snotty sounding British girl, with attitude", to a voice more to your liking.

As always, to each his/her own.

You know what really turns me off?...You..and your OZ superior attitude...typical.

We are DONE!

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can't tune to satellite channels with voice on ICT. In fact the only command that works for satellite is "satellite", not very useful.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
You can't tune to satellite channels with voice on ICT. In fact the only command that works for satellite is "satellite", not very useful.
I thought that once tuned to source, you could say "Next Station" or "Next Preset" and it would advance. Interesting, I will have to take some time and experiment with voice commands. I have not done much with them yet.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well there sure as to h3ll no Audio off or mute command..rest assured on that one.;)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Well there sure as to h3ll no Audio off or mute command..rest assured on that one.;)
Not sure if you've tried this already.....but I was looking through the online manual (easing the boredom while I wait for my Pace) and I accidentally got into the ICT version, and it said that the park assist button on the left side is the audio mute button if no park assist is equipped. Since you also have a Prestige, park assist wasn't an option, so maybe try pushing it and see if it works for mute! Not on the steering wheel, but maybe the elusive solution. :laugh:

Edit: hmm looking back the button is for the parking aids, which are on the Prestige, so now I'm less optimistic. Worth a try though.

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not sure if you've tried this already.....but I was looking through the online manual (easing the boredom while I wait for my Pace) and I accidentally got into the ICT version, and it said that the park assist button on the left side is the audio mute button if no park assist is equipped. Since you also have a Prestige, park assist wasn't an option, so maybe try pushing it and see if it works for mute! Not on the steering wheel, but maybe the elusive solution. :laugh:

Edit: hmm looking back the button is for the parking aids, which are on the Prestige, so now I'm less optimistic. Worth a try though.
Thank you for your very kind help..but alas, I also do not have that option(s)

Here is my total button compliment..

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Thank you for your very kind help..but alas, I also do not have that option(s)

Here is my total button compliment..

It's the one with the P and the funny three lines supposedly. So left side third button down.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts