Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "free" AT&T connection for the FP is described as for 3 months or 3 GB, whichever comes first. I have no intention of renewing the "subscription" with AT&T, given the poor coverage.

However, my 3 months was up about a week ago, and yet I still show a 3G connection. Is it perhaps till month's end?

Also, I have checked into my AT&T account and can find no reference or way to check how much data has actually been used. Anyone know how to check this?

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
In myconnectedcar.att.com account it shows me on initial screen what i've used and what i have left but i paid for a year. seem to remember being able to see usage even when still under freebie.

i think you will find that if your dealer puts in a new telematics unit your opinion on renewal may change. it isn't a coverage issues. i now get solid att service virtually everywhere along i-70 in mountains and even remote roads. i have no problem paying $150 a year for the level of functionality i'm now getting.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back. Looks to me like nothing shows until you've actually bought more data.

When I log in, it shows my car, but then says: " No Data Plan". Still connects (at times) though, even after a week beyond the third month has theoretically been completed.

Good to hear your positive experience is still holding up. Will pursue this with the dealer at earliest (long way out of town).

P.S. Would appreciate any light you can shed on my earlier post "Navigation Oddity - Pinch & Zoom"

·
Registered
278 Posts
In myconnectedcar.att.com account it shows me on initial screen what i've used and what i have left but i paid for a year. seem to remember being able to see usage even when still under freebie.

i think you will find that if your dealer puts in a new telematics unit your opinion on renewal may change. it isn't a coverage issues. i now get solid att service virtually everywhere along i-70 in mountains and even remote roads. i have no problem paying $150 a year for the level of functionality i'm now getting.
If mine holds up like it has, I will renew with ATT. All other accounts are with Verizon but they do not make a sim card for this so will probably just keep the ATT. So far 100%.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
P.S. Would appreciate any light you can shed on my earlier post "Navigation Oddity - Pinch & Zoom"
ztraveling but will look at that when I get home. Have to admit I got lost in the weeds on that post and need to re-read when in vehicle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cancel AT&T and get freedom pop sim. Have it on both the Jag and Audi and works great. After the first month go to setting online and switch it to the free unless you use a bunch of data then pay the 7.99 a month. Much cheaper and no contract. Google freedompop for Audi and the other forums.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Honestly on a $70k car is one really all that concerned about saving $150 a year for a data connection?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts