Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum,

Ordered and surprisingly got the car 2 months earlier than thought just last week. Car drives and looks like a beast! Unfortunately with Vancouver weather and the performance summers on the 22s it's been parked until further notice :( Pic of the car nonetheless. Gotta get them winters on! Anyone who has any recommendations for tires in Western Canada I'd welcome some input!

Edit: Car is a FPACE S Tempest Grey, 22 Helix Rims, few packages I don't remember exactly which ones Haha!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congratulations. Looking amazing.
I would go with smaller tire size (18"/20") for winter and put one of these and be confident: Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2, Michelin X-Ice Xi3, Bridgestone Blizzak WS80. You can not go wrong.
Good Luck and Enjoy the driving.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS , 54321bam !!! IT'S SO SHINY !!! ;)
Not too many *Tempest Grey* F-Paces on here yet !!! LOOKS AWESOME !!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Jaguar Approved Winter Tires

From the Jaguar Owner Information site:Jaguar Owner Information

Approved winter tires
Wheel size Tire size Brand Pattern
18 in wheels 235/65 R18 110H Continental. Cross Contact Winter.
235/65 R18 110H Pirelli. Scorpion Winter.
255/60 R18 112H Continental. Winter Contact TS 850 P SUV.
255/60 R18 112H Pirelli. Scorpion Winter.
255/60 R18 112V Michelin. Latitude Alpin 2.
255/60 R18 112T Nokian. Hakkapeliitta 8 SUV.
19 in wheels 255/55 R19 111V Continental. Winter Contact TS 850 P SUV.
255/55 R19 111V Pirelli. Scorpion Winter.
255/55 R19 111V Michelin. Latitude Alpin 2.
255/55 R19 111T Continental. Conti Viking Contact 6
255/55 R19 111T Nokian. Hakkapeliitta 8 SUV.
20 in wheels 255/50 R20 109V Continental. Winter Contact TS 850 P SUV.
255/50 R20 109V Pirelli. Scorpion Winter.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Very nice! Congrats

By the way, I couldn't find 20" wheels I liked on my F-Pace so I went with 22" Pirelli Scorpion Winters! They will fit your rims perfectly and are a great handling tire in the dry for winter, but also work pretty darn good in the snow we had a few weeks ago.

Not cheap at $350 per tire mounted and balanced but probably cheaper than going the full wheel and tire route. What I like about them is that they don't look like super meaty snow tires, but they grip the snow extremely well, and their dry grip in the winter is **** good compared to all seasons.

Below is a shot of them mounted on my F-Pace. They are a little dirty in the pic due to my son doing some back road cruising to get to this spot. He wanted to go here specifically to play with his new Nikon Christmas gift and some alternative lighting.

·
Registered
589 Posts
... it's been parked until further notice...
Looks great! Is that picture of it parked inside your office or in your living room? ;)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Very nice! Congrats

By the way, I couldn't find 20" wheels I liked on my F-Pace so I went with 22" Pirelli Scorpion Winters! They will fit your rims perfectly and are a great handling tire in the dry for winter, but also work pretty darn good in the snow we had a few weeks ago.

Not cheap at $350 per tire mounted and balanced but probably cheaper than going the full wheel and tire route. What I like about them is that they don't look like super meaty snow tires, but they grip the snow extremely well, and their dry grip in the winter is **** good compared to all seasons.

Below is a shot of them mounted on my F-Pace. They are a little dirty in the pic due to my son doing some back road cruising to get to this spot. He wanted to go here specifically to play with his new Nikon Christmas gift and some alternative lighting.
Pretty cool picture! How did you get the lights in the background to look like that? Is this photoshopped? Dont want to derail the thread but that pic is really cool!

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Pretty cool picture! How did you get the lights in the background to look like that? Is this photoshopped? Dont want to derail the thread but that pic is really cool!
Pretty simple actually, I have been teaching two of my sons some Photography as they both have nice Nikons now and are graphics arts/marketing majors. This picture was done using a long exposure time, while the shutter is opened, my son walked behind the vehicle with a LED hand light (that is the streak of white light). He then came back behind the camera and used that same hand light to highlight the fenders and such a little. Then a quick shot from the flash (separate unit) manually, to highlight the trees and the foreground and a little more of the car. Lastly, it was done just beyond sunset so the long shutter opening did catch some of the red that was still left from sunset behind the trees.

The only thing my son missed on this shot was focus on the car isn't exact. He left the camera in auto focus and it couldn't get focus perfect on the car due to the low light. I told him the trick there is to turn auto focus off. Brightly light the car first, manually focus perfectly on the car, then remote the bright light, and remotely open the shutter (to reduce camera shake on the tripod) and then do all the other steps.

Sounds complicated and long to do, but it's pretty easy overall. No real photoshop here at all other than some cropping, and adding their Formative Fitment Brand logo at the bottom.

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pretty simple actually, I have been teaching two of my sons some Photography as they both have nice Nikons now and are graphics arts/marketing majors.
They are welcome to practice their photography/detailing skills at our next meet-up!

Reactions: PA-FPace-F and GRVR

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
To get back on track.
Welcome and congratulations. Your FP looks great.
Did you ever consider black wheel lug nuts to go with the black pack? They would make it sweet.:)

Boy, we have been getting a lot of "black packs" lately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone! Didn't think tempest grey would look as good as the non premium but I'm glad I went with it.

@ho tak I actually have no idea why it arrived early. Dealer just gave me an email and said it arrives before the new year. I was too excited to ask why!

@MTHM I will look into those! Thanks for the recommendation.

Unfortunately I've actually still only driven it for the first two days I received it due to "Winter conditions". I did manage to go with some rims and tread I found on this forum in the 20inch winter tread thread. Specs are:

Replika Wheels R189 Gloss Black/Noir lustré , 20X8.5, 5x108, (offset/déport 45 ) 63.4
Yokohama - Iceguard IG51V - 255/50R20 109T XL

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Wow! Tempest Grey looks great! Congratz!

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Hey 54321bam , the TEMPEST GREY looks *AWESOME* !!!
Very STEALTHY with the Black Pack !!!
It looks so different to see the F-Pace with a little MEATY TREAD on the Rubber !!!
I also LOVE the Wheels , they look GREAT as well !!!
*CONGRATULATIONS* on a SWEET LOOKING RIDE !!! :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
So after submitting my order for a Storm Grey R-Sport over a week ago and then finding out I'm on indefinite hold until my dealer can place another order, I have kept coming back to this thread. I've had time to stare at your photos over and over, and just sent my SG word that I want to change my paint color to Tempest. It's just too sweet to deny.

Hope ya don't mind I'm copying your look! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts