Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2022 F-Pace P550 SVR
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received our '22 P550 F-Pace SVR. Had to park it in the garage (mostly 馃構) for two weeks waiting for my Ppf and ceramic coating to get done. Get it back in about a week and can't wait to take get it out. Love it so far but really a newbie. So excited about this vehicle!

Registered
Just received our '22 P550 F-Pace SVR. Had to park it in the garage (mostly 馃構) for two weeks waiting for my Ppf and ceramic coating to get done. Get it back in about a week and can't wait to take get it out. Love it so far but really a newbie. So excited about this vehicle!
congrats! highly recommend you "unplug" the active exhaust as detailed in one of the threads. I did it a while ago. will also help you get some exhaust noise as you wait out the break in period.

Registered
Congrats 13One. I can second Matt86886 recommendation on the unplug with the rear exhaust, it makes a big difference on the 21 SVRs, makes them more like the 19 and 20 SVRs with the exhaust. There is a procedure you need to follow there, so search for that and enjoy the ride. Also, some pics would be great if you have them after you get the PPF done.

Reactions: 13One

Registered
2022 F-Pace P550 SVR
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats 13One. I can second Matt86886 recommendation on the unplug with the rear exhaust, it makes a big difference on the 21 SVRs, makes them more like the 19 and 20 SVRs with the exhaust. There is a procedure you need to follow there, so search for that and enjoy the ride. Also, some pics would be great if you have them after you get the PPF done.
Thanks PA-FPACE-F. I've been doing some searching and found the procedure you mentioned. Question . . . my 2022 F-Pace SVR came factory equipped with an electronic exhaust selector (active sports exhaust) on the center console under the driving mode selector (middle button). If I select Dynamic mode, active sports exhaust is on automatically. If in Comfort, pushing the button activates it for that ignition cycle. I hear the change immediately sitting in my driveway and when driving it's pretty impressive, even get some of that crackling and popping with a quick release of the gas pedal. Both approaches appear to get the same results. So, my question is by doing the procedure you mentioned, am I getting a different (better) result or is it just always on? Thanks for reaching out and for the advice. Enjoying reading the material available on this forum.

Registered
Thanks PA-FPACE-F. I've been doing some searching and found the procedure you mentioned. Question . . . my 2022 F-Pace SVR came factory equipped with an electronic exhaust selector (active sports exhaust) on the center console under the driving mode selector (middle button). If I select Dynamic mode, active sports exhaust is on automatically. If in Comfort, pushing the button activates it for that ignition cycle. I hear the change immediately sitting in my driveway and when driving it's pretty impressive, even get some of that crackling and popping with a quick release of the gas pedal. Both approaches appear to get the same results. So, my question is by doing the procedure you mentioned, am I getting a different (better) result or is it just always on? Thanks for reaching out and for the advice. Enjoying reading the material available on this forum.
you are getting both. always on plus a better result. the active exhaust, even when switched on, is quite aggressive about limiting the sound in the lower rev ranges. the valves only really open up around 3000-3500 rpm or so.

Registered
2022 F-Pace P550 SVR
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts