Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Apple Watch InControl Remote App seems to show the wrong metrics/units. The app on the phone correctly shows distance in miles and temperature in Fahrenheit. However, the Apple Watch shows only Celsius and km. I don't see any way to change this. Is anyone else having the same issue? Any ideas on how to resolve this one?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Mine is the same way. I think "older" members here have said theirs eventually self-corrected. It just takes a while.

·
F Pace Expert
2,696 Posts
what she said

·
Registered
112 Posts
I contacted Jaguar last year and they are aware of the issue and they are working on a fix. Mine still hasn’t changed. By the time this has taken, I’m guessing this one is pretty low on the priority list. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. It seems like such a simple thing to fix. I guess I'll sit tight and hope for a "self-correction" to occur soon. :)

Thanks for the quick responses.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
My Apple Watch eventually corrected to proper US Metrics, after a week or so of using it. there could have been an software update in there as well, not sure.

Since the Jag Apple Watch App is directly linked to the iPhone app for usage, I'm sure it gets it's settings from that app and it may simply take a bit of time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Since the Jag Apple Watch App is directly linked to the iPhone app for usage, I'm sure it gets it's settings from that app and it may simply take a bit of time.
Possibly at one time, but I've been using mine for nine months, on two iPhones (7 and 8) and Apple Watches (Series 1 and 3), and my iPhone app is correct and the watch app is not. I sent a note to Jag NA and still have received no response.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
My suggestion would be to delete both apps starting with your Apple Watch app using the Watch app on the iPhone. Then delete the Incontrol App, but don't delete the in control data if it ask you that. Then reinstall the Incontrol Remote app, log in and make sure your settings are all as you want them. Then install the watch app manually.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks all—-i have tried all of these in various sequences with no luck. Looks like I will need to live with it for a while.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My Apple Watch InControl Remote App seems to show the wrong metrics/units. The app on the phone correctly shows distance in miles and temperature in Fahrenheit. However, the Apple Watch shows only Celsius and km. I don't see any way to change this. Is anyone else having the same issue? Any ideas on how to resolve this one?
There's an update for the Remote app on the iPhone (and associated Apple Watch app). The notes say it fixes the watch units issue. I'm about to install it so I can't confirm this yet. The notes do not say it improves reliability of the remote start. Maybe, if we're lucky, it will be a side effect.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
There's an update for the Remote app on the iPhone (and associated Apple Watch app). The notes say it fixes the watch units issue. I'm about to install it so I can't confirm this yet. The notes do not say it improves reliability of the remote start. Maybe, if we're lucky, it will be a side effect.
Ohhh, I'm going to do this right now to confirm too. I find it mildly annoying about the units....but I'm more hoping my new ever-present tire pressure warning will finally go away.

·
F Pace Expert
2,696 Posts
Thanks for pointing this out. I'm about 80% convinced that it isn't the Remote App that causes problems with Remote Start because I've had days where in the early morning no remote start and later in the day almost instant remote start (yes, I'm waiting until the vehicle status is updated) - same network, same car location, etc. This seems to me to point to problems somewhere in the Remote cloud server or server to car communication rather than the app itself.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Well my units are all correct finally! Hooray! :D

BUT, the tire pressure warning is still there alas. Oh well, I know to ignore it so no big. I have found that the remote functions have returned to my previous level of working nearly 100% of the time since whatever happened on the backend server recently. I'm happy once more.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Got an apple watch in January, if i try to use that to start my car, it takes a few minutes, whereas if I use my phone it usually takes ~30 seconds. Haven't tried with the update though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts