Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's been my experience in my limited testing. If you select the Jag as a radio source (XM or AM/FM) you lose the CarPlay audio. So you need to use music sources in CarPlay which may kill your data plan.
By selecting mode twice, I return to radio and the car play maps audio remains active.
Had to be reset every time you start the vehicle, even if a journey is set but at least you get voice guidance again

·
Registered
8 Posts
I find this workaround to be very flakey, sometimes it seems to stop working. Sometimes it lets me play music from my phone, and sometimes doing that means I don't get navigation audio again.

I contacted the customer experience team, they told me to take it into a dealer. Would I just be wasting my time? How likely do you think it is that Jaguar will actually release an over the air update that fixes this?

As an aside, does anyone know if the same issue affects Android Auto, or is this just a CarPlay thing?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Fix is supposedly coming OTA in August.

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's what the dealer said when I picked up my car from its annual service.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an F-Type R, and I’ve corresponded with Google technical support. They say that it’s a “known issue.” Is the supposed fix that’s coming in August from JLR or Google/Waze?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have an F-Type R, and I’ve corresponded with Google technical support. They say that it’s a “known issue.” Is the supposed fix that’s coming in August from JLR or Google/Waze?
JLR. The problem is that ICTP doesn't know how to fully integrate the audio.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
So, it looks like the fix promised for August may not be what we thought it would be.
A rollback to previous version, and not automatically sent over SOTA.
Not too impressive.

Last modified: 04-Aug-2021
Symptom: 207000 Entertainment Systems

Issue:
JLR is investigating the voice guidance is not heard from the Apple CarPlay navigation post-IMC 21A update.

Cause: Unknown at this time.

Action:
Do not replace lnfotainment Master Controller (IMC) for this concern.

Before following the steps below, please check the IMC is at the latest level (21A);

1. Connect Apple CarPlay device to lnControl Touch Pro
2. Launch any Map application within CarPlay
3. Enter a destination and start navigation using CarPlay maps
4. Start driving the vehicle
5. Confirm turn by turn voice guidance is not heard, but navigation guidance is shown on the screen.

Once the concern is confirmed by following the abovementioned steps, the customer can opt for their lnfotainment Master Controller (IMC) software to be rolled back to the previous level as an immediate resolution for this concern.

To request the IMC software to be rolled back, please raise a Technical Assistance (TA) to request the IMC software to be added to the SOTA campaign, so it can be rollbacked to the previous level due to the Apple CarPlay voice guidance issue.

Include the "ACP 21A” in the TA customer concern field.

A further communication will be released once the service repair is available.

Reactions: uncheel

·
Registered
8 Posts
So, it looks like the fix promised for August may not be what we thought it would be.
A rollback to previous version, and not automatically sent over SOTA.
Not too impressive.

Last modified: 04-Aug-2021
Symptom: 207000 Entertainment Systems

Issue:
JLR is investigating the voice guidance is not heard from the Apple CarPlay navigation post-IMC 21A update.

Cause: Unknown at this time.

Action:
Do not replace lnfotainment Master Controller (IMC) for this concern.

Before following the steps below, please check the IMC is at the latest level (21A);

1. Connect Apple CarPlay device to lnControl Touch Pro
2. Launch any Map application within CarPlay
3. Enter a destination and start navigation using CarPlay maps
4. Start driving the vehicle
5. Confirm turn by turn voice guidance is not heard, but navigation guidance is shown on the screen.

Once the concern is confirmed by following the abovementioned steps, the customer can opt for their lnfotainment Master Controller (IMC) software to be rolled back to the previous level as an immediate resolution for this concern.

To request the IMC software to be rolled back, please raise a Technical Assistance (TA) to request the IMC software to be added to the SOTA campaign, so it can be rollbacked to the previous level due to the Apple CarPlay voice guidance issue.

Include the "ACP 21A” in the TA customer concern field.

A further communication will be released once the service repair is available.
That is pretty terrible. Does that mean that a trip to the dealers is needed to get this rollback?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
That is pretty terrible. Does that mean that a trip to the dealers is needed to get this rollback?
That’s the way I read it.
I’ll just wait for the new version.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Has anyone who upgraded to IOS 15 seen any change to the voice guidance issues?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I've upgraded but use CarPlay with Google Maps most of the time. That is pretty much still the same. You are talking with ICTP navigation, correct?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Has anyone who upgraded to IOS 15 seen any change to the voice guidance issues?
Did some quick testing today on iOS 15 on XS Max and no improvement to the experience.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yes ICTP. I didn’t think it was on Apple’s side. I just can’t believe JLR hasn’t patched their software yet. Maybe they were waiting for this new version to do so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why is it that easily 6 months out of the year the infotainment system on JLR cars just become unusable? It's kind of scary actually. That product is so unreliable, especially for a luxury vehicle. Really hope that the peeps at Jagua / Land Rover look into their development cycles to accommodate hot fixes, and restructure their digital product team and QA. The problem is at the top. I will most likely not by another vehicle from JLR simply because of the permanent struggles I've been encountering with the infotainment system.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It appears JLR has moved beyond ignoring the legacy ICTP issues in favor of ignoring Pivi Pro issues.

Reactions: Gorgon

·
Registered
21 Jaguar F-Pace P400
36 Posts
Acknowledgement of a possible issue and knowing it is on their radar / backlog would be amazing. Could you imagine a site you could visit to see this type of information.... car manufacturers have a long way to go as they move further and further into software development.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts