Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Update- Jaguar Bethesda is saying there will be an over the air update on 30-60 days that will correct the issue. I find it hard to believe that it will take up to 60 Days to correct and software issue when Jaguar is aware. Stay tuned
~UPDATE: sooo my f pace to another dealership. It’s true. jag is working on releasing a over the air fix. Ill
Keep you guys posted. My service advisor said to check randomly because they don’t know when it will be released and to also check back with him in a month. So I’ll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am not able to get any audio when google map is running, nor am I able to adjust the volume setting at on under Google Maps. All audio and volume is turned up on my phone.

When I go into Apple CarPlay's Google Map setting, and I click adjust volume, it fails to connect to the volume adjustment.

How do I get this fixed?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I am not able to get any audio when google map is running, nor am I able to adjust the volume setting at on under Google Maps. All audio and volume is turned up on my phone.

When I go into Apple CarPlay's Google Map setting, and I click adjust volume, it fails to connect to the volume adjustment.

How do I get this fixed?
It’s a known issue. This is the JLR Special Service Message:
SSM75415 - InControl Touch Pro - Post 21A Update Apple Carplay Navigation Voice Guidance Not Heard.
Supposed to be fixed with an OTA update.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It’s a known issue. This is the JLR Special Service Message:
SSM75415 - InControl Touch Pro - Post 21A Update Apple Carplay Navigation Voice Guidance Not Heard.
Supposed to be fixed with an OTA update.
Sorry for the dumb question, but how will we know when this update will be released and how do we get this installed?

My 2017 Jaguar F Pace S just had the software updated 2 weeks ago at the dealership. Do I need to take it back to the dealership?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Sorry for the dumb question, but how will we know when this update will be released and how do we get this installed?
It should download over the air and there will be a message on the car display to install the update. There’s no time frame mentioned for when this will happen, but folks on the forum will start posting when they receive the update.

Reactions: Cosmoen

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
~UPDATE: sooo my f pace to another dealership. It’s true. jag is working on releasing a over the air fix. Ill
Keep you guys posted. My service advisor said to check randomly because they don’t know when it will be released and to also check back with him in a month. So I’ll keep you all posted.
🗣🗣🗣~ I found a hack to get the turn by turn to work. At least in my F Pace. I’m Driving and I accidentally hit the mode key on the steering wheel. Clicked it until It get back to the APPLE CARPLAY and to my surprise I hear speed camera ahead… I said NO f*cking way. So I tried it again two twice and it worked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
🗣🗣🗣~ I found a hack to get the turn by turn to work. At least in my F Pace. I’m Driving and I accidentally hit the mode key on the steering wheel. Clicked it until It get back to the APPLE CARPLAY and to my surprise I hear speed camera ahead… I said NO f*cking way. So I tried it again two twice and it worked.
Does this permanently turn it back on?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
No go for me on the workaround.
Waze and the others do turn by turn and alerts when connected with Bluetooth just fine. Are you sure that’s not how you were connected?
Anyway, hopefully it will be corrected with the upcoming SOTA update.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Nothing new here in dealer guidance:

JLR is investigating the voice guidance is not heard from the Apple CarPlay navigation post-IMC 21A update.

Cause:
Unknown at this time.

Action:

Do not replace Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) for this concern.

Before following the steps below, please check the IMC is at the latest level (21A);
Connect Apple CarPlay device to InControl Touch Pro
Launch any Map application within CarPlay
Enter a destination and start navigation using CarPlay maps
Start driving the vehicle
Confirm turn by turn voice guidance is not heard, but navigation guidance is shown on the screen

There is currently no resolution for this concern, and once a repair is available, this SSM will be updated.

Reactions: Samnoho

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
No go for me on the workaround.
Waze and the others do turn by turn and alerts when connected with Bluetooth just fine. Are you sure that’s not how you were connected?
Anyway, hopefully it will be corrected with the upcoming SOTA update.
Sorry to hear that. I’m was definitely connected to ACP. My service advisor ask that I follow up in a month if the update doesn’t happen over the air. I’ve been checking daily. So I’ll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So pleased I found this thread!
Been trying all sorts to resolve the issue, including full factory reset!
Will try the hack mentioned and will see how that goes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Workaround worked for me (my car is actually an XF but same system).
Thanks fir posting this

·
Registered
4 Posts
when you press/toggle the mode button, how do you know when you finally hit the right one for the google map voice command since it is not always speaking?
I
when you press/toggle the mode button, how do you know when you finally hit the right one for the google map voice command since it is not always speaking?
I normally just press it twice to get me back to the audio I was playing (radio or car
Play media).
This has worked consistently for me as a workaround

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does this hack mean you can't listen to the radio though? I sort of found the same thing - by switching the audio source to CarPlay via the touch screen, but this means that you can't listen to the radio.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Does this hack mean you can't listen to the radio though? I sort of found the same thing - by switching the audio source to CarPlay via the touch screen, but this means that you can't listen to the radio.
That's been my experience in my limited testing. If you select the Jag as a radio source (XM or AM/FM) you lose the CarPlay audio. So you need to use music sources in CarPlay which may kill your data plan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's been my experience in my limited testing. If you select the Jag as a radio source (XM or AM/FM) you lose the CarPlay audio. So you need to use music sources in CarPlay which may kill your data plan.
You also lose the CarPlay audio if it switches to the radio for a traffic alert. For the time being, I've got back to the ICTP Navigation. I really hope they fix this soon.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts