Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From BMW to Jaguar. I have a 2018 F Pace S so far I’m loving. Today the CarPlay screen was frozen but music would play however the screen was frozen. I take it to the dealer. The dealer says the software needed to be updated. Now after the update the screen works music plays but Waze,google and Apple Maps will not speak the turn by turn. Does anyone have a clue what happened. I’ve tried turning up the Navi volume but I don’t see the option nor when it’s speaking the street I’ve tried to turn it up and nothing happens. Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got back from a road trip in my 2017 rSport.
Used CarPlay and Waze the whole trip...
Worked flawlessly for me.
My rSport ran like a Champ
Overall MPG was 21.5 MPG and included some SPIRITED highway driving too!

05B76863-0D2E-456E-89A3-F889EED3ECEC.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
From BMW to Jaguar. I have a 2018 F Pace S so far I’m loving. Today the CarPlay screen was frozen but music would play however the screen was frozen. I take it to the dealer. The dealer says the software needed to be updated. Now after the update the screen works music plays but Waze,google and Apple Maps will not speak the turn by turn. Does anyone have a clue what happened. I’ve tried turning up the Navi volume but I don’t see the option nor when it’s speaking the street I’ve tried to turn it up and nothing happens. Any feedback would be great.
I have a 2020 and I am having the same issue you are from the update. Did you find a fix yet you can share?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2020 and I am having the same issue you are from the update. Did you find a fix yet you can share?
For sure! Jag, contacted tech support tech supports want jag to do a system update and they will send a signal to the car while it’s updating. I’ll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For sure! Jag, contacted tech support tech supports want jag to do a system update and they will send a signal to the car while it’s updating. I’ll keep you all posted.
Thank you, let me know if get it to work and what we need to do to fix this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Our Fpace recently updated too and now the turn by turn directions in CarPlay don’t work after the update. Not sure what to do besides take it to dealer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our Fpace recently updated too and now the turn by turn directions in CarPlay don’t work after the update. Not sure what to do besides take it to dealer
Jag contacted tech support. Tech support wants jag to reinstall the update. When the update is installing tech support is going to send an a signal to the car to correct whatever was corrupted during the update. I’ll let you know if it works . I’m going on Monday.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I’m having this issue too. Have a service appointment on Thursday so hopefully will know if a reinstall will fix. This is my last warranty service, so need to get them to look at everything lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m having this issue too. Have a service appointment on Thursday so hopefully will know if a reinstall will fix. This is my last warranty service, so need to get them to look at everything lol.
Fingers crossed. I have an appt tomorrow. So hopefully I’ll have some answers for you all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update- Jaguar Bethesda is saying there will be an over the air update on 30-60 days that will correct the issue. I find it hard to believe that it will take up to 60 Days to correct and software issue when Jaguar is aware. Stay tuned

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I wouldn’t be surprised if the service department doesn’t want to do the update. It takes a long time and they don’t get reimbursed well for those. I’m willing to wait rather than risk them bricking my module (which I think is happening less note than before, but whyrisk it?) and have to pay.

·
F Pace Expert
2,577 Posts
there is a post in another thread that there is a service bulletin out for this issue and it's going to take Jaguar fixing software and issuing an update

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fingers crossed!!!
Well I guess we could have guessed that outcome. The service dept was zero help, said did you try removing and installing the apps, are you using a original Apple cable; did you update the iOS to the latest version. No help at all, same issues still. Also for the loaner I got a 2020 E Pace and that is a definite step down from the F Pace. The service said just wait for the next Jaguar update and hopefully that will resolve the CarPlay turn by turn navigation apps issue we have been having

1 - 20 of 32 Posts