Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new to the forum. I have a 2017 3.0 Diesel went in for the new 18C update and was told that my F Pace was not able to receive the update. 380W ICTP, are there any alternatives. Please help when possible. You can answer in Deutsch

Thanks in advance

DieSel 3.0

·
Registered
396 Posts
19A is the most current version. What your dealer told you does not make sense.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
19A is the most current version. What your dealer told you does not make sense.
It does in other markets. Even with 19A and ICTP the vehicle needs to also have InControl Apps and InControl WiFi to be eligible for CarPlay.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
How can the OP have ICTP , yet only have 380W ???

Maybe they only have ICT ,
which could be the reason the dealer told them "not able to receive the update" !!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't know about when car play can be added but I had it put on my 2019 MY by the dealer as soon as it became available. In my experience it has some teething problems, such as connecting via hard wire means you get the phone screen but no way to return to the Jag screen without unplugging, and also using Bluetooth I got caught in a permanent connection to the U2 album and could not have Pandora on. Today I got the Apple store near me to remove the album, so now I am music free, so hopefully I can return to the Bluetooth method that has a much much better display IMO.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
In my experience it has some teething problems, such as connecting via hard wire means you get the phone screen but no way to return to the Jag screen without unplugging
Just push the black Jaguar icon on the CarPlay screen.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Just push the black Jaguar icon on the CarPlay screen.
What he said. The Jaguar button in CarPlay takes you back to the ICTP screen. The Phone icon in ICTP will be replaced with a CarPlay logo that you can press to take you back into CarPlay. It's easy to switch between them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have to say I love apple car play. I have heard that you have to have the HDMI and SIM card in order to get the update with apple car play. It needs to look like this in the center console, and also needs to be the in control touch pro not just the regular in control touch.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
when they did the 19a update on mine there were a few bugs ...1-the. navigation did not automatically from day to night and vice versa. You had to go in and manually change it and also the side information panel was just a blank screen with the jaguar logo on it. Both have since been fixed after they reloaded it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new in this forum. I,ve a Fpace 2018 with a 10,25" screen and dual view. I'm searching to install Carplay and I will be very grateful about any opinion about it.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'm new in this forum. I,ve a Fpace 2018 with a 10,25" screen and dual view. I'm searching to install Carplay and I will be very grateful about any opinion about it.
You're on the latest software. If you don't see options for CarPlay then your particular vehicle may not support it. There's a requirement for InControl WiFi to be supported, not sure if your vehicle has that. It's standard with the Tech Pack in the US, not the case in other countries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You're on the latest software. If you don't see options for CarPlay then your particular vehicle may not support it. There's a requirement for InControl WiFi to be supported, not sure if your vehicle has that. It's standard with the Tech Pack in the US, not the case in other countries.
Ok, then the option will be to install a interface kit, but I don't know if this is possible. Thanks for the answer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts