Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I ever since I got CarPlay I have had issues with the audio for calls sometimes not going through CarPlay. Especially if I am already on a call when I get in the car so it transfers from my phone -> Bluetooth -> CarPlay. I recently had my yearly service and I asked about if there was a fix for the issue. I'm not sure if they applied an update but now CarPlay randomly disconnects or crashes far more frequently. When I asked the dealer they said that The iPhone XS with latest software is listed as no compatible and I needed to wait for an Apple Software Update. What!? If this was an Apple problem I'm pretty sure it would be a more widely known issue! Any suggestions on how to proceed? It just feels like the people at my service center don't "get" teh technology part of the car.

·
Registered
998 Posts
From the Jaguar Connectivity Page for my phone XS Max and 12.2 (the most recent version they show).
Answer a call using CarPlay has an X in front of it. All other functions have checkmark.

Apple CarPlay

1. Apple CarPlay connection can be established
X Answer a phone call using Apple CarPlay
3. Make a phone call using Apple CarPlay
4. Siri
5. Music Playback
6. Apple Maps Navigation

Comments
Incoming call audio is sometimes lost when the call is answered using Apple CarPlay

http://jaguar50.nextgen-technology.net/?CultureId=23&RegionId=1&Culture=en

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to this forum board, so apologize if this issue has been addressed previously. I have a 2018 F-Pace S and am getting ready to have an Apple Car Play installed. I note that there is a wireless version of Apple Car Play, which would automatically connect with the system upon entering the car. Is this available for Jaguar's Car Play system? Two service techs at the Jag dealer were clueless about it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am new to this forum board, so apologize if this issue has been addressed previously. I have a 2018 F-Pace S and am getting ready to have an Apple Car Play installed. I note that there is a wireless version of Apple Car Play, which would automatically connect with the system upon entering the car. Is this available for Jaguar's Car Play system? Two service techs at the Jag dealer were clueless about it.
At present it is wired version and make sure use genuine apple certified cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks very much for the quick response. But just in case a key manager within Jaguar is reading this, here is my little rant: This wireless Apple CarPlay has been available to car manufacturers since Feb. 2017 (2.5 years ago). BMW adopted it immediately. Here is just one article on this: http://connectedcarlife.com/tech/how-does-wireless-apple-carplay-work/. Why is Jaguar letting many other car companies get ahead of them with Apple CarPlay?

I am getting ready to pay $300+ for old technology, and as a long-term Jaguar fan, I am not happy.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I wouldn't be so quick to sing the praises of BMW.
They are now charging $80 a year or $300 lifetime (20 years) for a CarPlay subscription.
Quite a few of us here got the CarPlay upgrade for free from our dealerships.

·
Registered
998 Posts
They activated CarPlay during my 2nd annual service.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Did the latest IOS update 12.4 take care of the problem some of you were having with ”incoming call audio is sometimes lost when the call is answered using Apple CarPlay”? Just installed myself, but I don’t get many inbound calls and had not experienced the problem.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm a newbie with ACP and we got it along with an OTA download to 18B. When we search for any more updates on ITCP, it says no updates available. When we plug in an updated iPhone 8, ACP comes up and works fine on most all functions, but when receiving a text, when you push on the message, it goes to get Siri and comes back, lost or no internet connection and you cannot read or show the messages. I have a 4G connection on the vehicle and supposedly a 4g connection on the iPhone. Do I not have a setting right in the phone or what am I missing to get full functionality of ACP. Using genuine apple cord FYI....

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
VZX,

I have found an app that does use the new dashboard for maps. I was a fan of Google Maps and still am over Apple Maps, and I have been patiently waiting for Google to enable their app to take advantage of the new CarPlay dashboard, but 15 to 20 updates later still no dashboard support .

So I have been playing around with a new navigation/mapping tool called Magic Earth which does work in dashboard. That app has some neat features such as with their 3D Map view you can also make the map use the elevations to simulate the hills in 3D view. It's a decent rendering engine and works fairly well with CarPlay. The biggest drawback of Magic Earth is that their search engine kind of sucks compared to either Google or Apple. They have some work to do there.

The other drawbacks are that I like Google Traffic views much better than anyone. Clearly, they have a lock on showing the double green, red or yellow lines. Everyone else tries to only show where traffic is with dotted lines that are hard to see. Magic Earth is no different there. Magic Earth also doesn't distinguish the roads in Satellite view as well as Google Maps does.

However, if you want to play around with another mapping and navigation tool in CarPlay it does leverage the dashboard view like Apple Maps.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts