Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got my VIN about a week ago on 5/28 and have been putting it in to topix to see if the build specs were there. The car still shows in the build process via the VISTA 2 order tracking system as of today. However when I checked the VIN today the build sheet is finally showign up with more that one item it’s not fully filled out yet, I can tell because I know the car will have the cargo Net and that’s still on the less along with a few other items, so I will keep checking it daily until it’s flagged as ready to ship.

The build sheet for the 2019 is very long, 3 pages when printed out versus the usual one page. When looking at the page I did notice two things that were not add (yetJ

FYI .... BAIDU Carlife you see on the list is for the China Market it’s there version of CarPlay and Android Auto rolled in to one.

Thanks
DP

Attachments

·
Registered
920 Posts
Your 2019 hopefully will have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Vista lists all options for all markets, so just because it's listed there, is not verification of availability.
Cargo net may be Port or dealer installed.
On your example, try to get television or a TV receiver or an engine block heater in the North America market.
Remember how everyone thought they were getting flat bottom steering wheels because they were listed in Vista?
I truly hope you get it and that it will be backwards compatible with previous years!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your 2019 hopefully will have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Vista lists all options for all markets, so just because it's listed there, is not verification of availability.
Cargo net may be Port or dealer installed.
On your example, try to get television or a TV receiver or an engine block heater in the North America market.
Remember how everyone thought they were getting flat bottom steering wheels because they were listed in Vista?
I truly hope you get it and that it will be backwards compatible with previous years!

This is not VISA2 this is my build sheet from Topix. VISTA 2 was updated and now only shows items available to the market were the car is ordered. So unlike when ordering the 2017 and selecting smokers kit to try and get the 12v plug and ashtray cup holder it’s not even there for the 2019 VISTA2 NA USA Market. Just like I’m sure BAIDU is only showing up in the China market.

DP

·
F Pace Expert
2,661 Posts
Nice! That is very good sign.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What am I missing here? It says "Less" Apple Car Play and Android Auto, I take that to mean it's not included/available.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
What am I missing here? It says "Less" Apple Car Play and Android Auto, I take that to mean it's not included/available.
I think the OP was pointing to the fact that it is listed, meaning available, "less" meaning not included on his build. Gives hope.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
I'm kinda surprised that nobody has mentioned the *FUEL FILLER DOOR LOCK*,
that is listed !!!>:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi from the UK, been lurking here since I got my FPace earlier this year, but this is my first post.

I found this statement, dated earlier this week:-
Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that Android Auto and Apple CarPlay will both feature on Jaguar’s InControl infotainment system by the time the I-Pace is delivered to customers.

It was the final sentence in an online article on Autoexpress.co.uk

I tried to put a link but I am not allowed as my post count isn't high enough, but google "autoexpress new 2018 jaguar i-pace: specs, prices, pics and video" to find the article.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Hi from the UK, been lurking here since I got my FPace earlier this year, but this is my first post.

I found this statement, dated earlier this week:-
Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that Android Auto and Apple CarPlay will both feature on Jaguar’s InControl infotainment system by the time the I-Pace is delivered to customers.

It was the final sentence in an online article on Autoexpress.co.uk

I tried to put a link but I am not allowed as my post count isn't high enough, but google "autoexpress new 2018 jaguar i-pace: specs, prices, pics and video" to find the article.
New 2018 Jaguar I-Pace: specs, prices, pics and video | Auto Express

·
F Pace Expert
2,661 Posts
Wonder if Remote will work on the I Pace ;)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Not suggesting that this is PROOF, but the UK forum now contains a seemingly credible posting from an owner that reads that after the most recent ICTP update:-

"I now have Android auto and apple car play"

No screen shots or comments on how well it works …. perhaps it's just in the "Settings" menu like some of us have noticed/mentioned before …. but????

FWIW

·
F Pace Expert
2,661 Posts
Not suggesting that this is PROOF, but the UK forum now contains a seemingly credible posting from an owner that reads that after the most recent ICTP update:-

No screen shots or comments on how well it works …. perhaps it's just in the "Settings" menu like some of us have noticed/mentioned before …. but????

FWIW
Didn’t we have someone here mistakenly claiming this months ago when they saw the new apple and Android settings screen? Suspect same. Indications were this was an end of year timeframe. Skeptical

·
F Pace Expert
2,661 Posts
C, what c?

·
Registered
920 Posts
He has now posted a picture of Android Auto on his display. Disappointing that the display is not full screen. Hopefully Apple CarPlay is.

·
F Pace Expert
2,661 Posts
Sent an email to my SA and shop manager to see if they have any info. Will be interested to see what they say.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

FWIW
Here is the post from the U.K. forum.

Hitman wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:45 pm
Hi

I had my XF ICTP updated today

I now have Android auto and apple car play

I went from 2.5 to this version, it feels like the latest version

So far so good, only problem is the car no longer sends out ETA texts for the sat nav

So as you can see it’s not the F-PACE... however it’s a good sign.

DP

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm kinda surprised that nobody has mentioned the *FUEL FILLER DOOR LOCK*,
that is listed !!!>:)
No news here. The sheet just says the build does not have a fuel filler door. My build sheet from 2 years ago said the same thing. As discussed, it's available in other markets.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Google Maps updated today on iOS to for support of Apple CarPlay. Now just waiting for the Waze update (should be soon) and then JLR to get the F-Pace updates flowing.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well there’s this it’s part of the 18C update if you have iOS 12 then you can also use waze with Apple car play now.

Attachments

·
F Pace Expert
2,661 Posts
Nice, source of picture?

1 - 20 of 344 Posts