Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Spotify might be back. It had not been part of the initial (2017) ICTPapps; was added in August 2017 and then removed again about three months ago. Despite the lukewarm (at best) support for ICTP apps on this forum, some members voiced displeasure when Spotify was dropped.

I have just noticed that Spotify has appeared as an available “Connected Account”, joining Deezer (been around a long time) on the “My Jaguar InControl” web-site; this should make it available through Live Services. Now Live Services generate about as much enthusiasm on this forum as ICTP apps, particularly from members who like to rubbish JLR. Moreover, AppleCarPlay’s success has significantly reduced the desire for such features in the native Jag software. (Android Auto not so much …. it also draws nearly insignificant positive comments on this forum). Still:-

For any Spotify enthusiasts, this may be worth checking into. Others might be interested in your experience, particularly if we can resist turning this thread into one more Jaguar-bashing low-light.

FWIW

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Interesting. Will have to see how this works and see if my Live services are up to date. If it operates that way I think it might then this is a great way to access Spotify without the need to fiddle with cable connecting the phone. Wonder if this requires a later version of ICTP software of if Live Services updates outside of ICTP version.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
………..
….. Wonder if this requires a later version of ICTP software of if Live Services updates outside of ICTP version.
I seem to recollect "Live Services" updates as separate from ICTP updates. You may recall that "Sports" was added (and subsequently removed), quite independently from the main ICTP update. Remember there is also an "Update" button/icon in the "Live Services" window. Just don't know how adding an "Account" in the "My Jaguar InControl" web-site then manifests itself in the car.

Will be interesting to see what you find.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I was able to log into my Jaguar InControl app and found the Connected Accounts section. In there were Deezer and Spotify. I was able to connect my Spotify account and it's now listed as a connected account in my settings. My understanding is that once this connection is made I should now see an option under Media/Sources for Online Media which will allow me to play from the connected Deezer or Spotify accounts. However, so far, I haven't been able to get an Online Media option to show up in the media source screen. I made sure that I was logged into my Live account and that it was updated. Will give it some time to see if the option shows up.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wonder if there are any Deezer users that could point us in the right direction? Don't recall any other mention of "Connected Accounts" on the forum. Not having used Spotify myself, is there any setting needed on the phone?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
……………………….
………………. However, so far, I haven't been able to get an Online Media option to show up in the media source screen. I made sure that I was logged into my Live account and that it was updated. Will give it some time to see if the option shows up.

Did a search for Deezer and found a post from @BobatStews; see below . Realize this is an old post, but @BobatStews, it sounds like you got the Online Media source worked out. Perhaps you could chime in here. Maybe, you too might welcome Spotify.

One feature that I do like in the new update is the Online Media source. Now you have the ability to get TuneIn stations and also Deezer directly from the ICTP menu. Now I can listen to some of my favorite "non local" radio stations as well as a whole bunch of pod casts etc on the radio. Of course you need a data connection to use this feature but it is really nice. What I would like to see in the future is for JLR to add services to this list. Right now it is only TuneIn and Deezer. I'd love to see iHeart radio and Pandora added, but maybe that will come in the future? So far my update is working really well!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Awhile back, Deezer showed up in my connected car account, so I activated it, but was never able to get it to show up in the car. Wasted quite a bit of time on that!

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
I can see Spotify in the list, however I can’t get it to show up on the screen in the car. I can play music thought Spotify and it comes over the speakers. I have to have the phone plugged in and the incontol app running. Seems like a big hassle when I can just use carplay. Here is a shot of the app on the list on my phone

DP

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I can see Spotify in the list, however I can’t get it to show up on the screen in the car. I can play music thought Spotify and it comes over the speakers. I have to have the phone plugged in and the incontol app running. Seems like a big hassle when I can just use carplay. Here is a shot of the app on the list on my phone

DP
The InControl app isn't what's being discussed here. The Live linked account option is what we're trying to see if it will work which would allow you to control Spotify via the media controls in ICTP without the need to connect a phone at all.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
The InControl app isn't what's being discussed here. The Live linked account option is what we're trying to see if it will work which would allow you to control Spotify via the media controls in ICTP without the need to connect a phone at all.
Ahhhh well then... need to check on that then.

Thanks
DP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts