Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ATT free trial is up and I'm looking for the cheapest option to replace the SIM. Freedom Pop offers 200MB/ month for free - just $9.99 up front. I only really need it for traffic info and weather so assume data useage will be low? Anyone successfully using this service?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes. There was another post on this forum where someone got the Freedom Pop SIM and it worked fine. I plan to try that once my 3 months get over.

·
Registered
222 Posts
As a follow up - I purchased a FreedomPop Global sim card off of ebay ($6.00) and it was delivered in 2 days, directly from Amazon. Activation was on-line, costing another $10. I signed up for the free 200mb/month plan and got a 1GB bonus. I opted out of the automatic "refill" on the dollars in my account. After initializing the account on the computer, I turned off wifi and inserted the sim card in the car. It took a couple of minutes, but connected automatically and works. The next question will be how much data we actually use/need to see if the 200mb is enough. One day in and we've used 7mb.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also purchased the FreedomPop SIM card a couple months ago through a recoomendation on this forum. Works great, never had connection issues and have not gone over the free 200mg. The only issue I noticed is it appears to use more data than the AT&T card. Can't beat it for the price or lack thereof!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
As promised, here is an update on data usage. After 2 weeks and 546 miles, we've used 93MB of data. That's doing normal driving with no overt data demands (no weather, news, etc usage under Live). I only had one 25-mile trip where I used the Nav, and the usage for that day was actually a bit less than average - so I presume that any data to support real-time traffic updates must be in the base usage.

Reactions: Gsamf

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just got FreedomPop SIMs delivered. Popped them in and it works like a charm. I paid $0.01 for the thing shipped...are you kidding me? I think the overages could kill you, for now I think I'm safe since I have removed all extra features from FreedomPop and have set the data limit on my Jag to 100MB.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FreedomPop just cancelled the old 3G SIMs and are pushing their new LTE SIM. However, our Fpace are only 3G. I would expect it to still work with 3G but the ‘expert’ at FreedomPop couldn’t confirm.
Anyone successful using the LTE SIM in the Fpace?

·
Registered
617 Posts
FreedomPop just cancelled the old 3G SIMs and are pushing their new LTE SIM. However, our Fpace are only 3G. I would expect it to still work with 3G but the ‘expert’ at FreedomPop couldn’t confirm.
Anyone successful using the LTE SIM in the Fpace?
I am and it works, just at 3G

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am and it works, just at 3G
Ok, so I got the LTE SIM and installed it. It connected and showed ATT network instead of the FreedomPop it used to show. Seemed to work for a bit on my morning commute but now won’t connect anymore. Tried multiple times, nothing!
Any ideas? Did you have it Auto setup or did you type in APN, user, password? If yes, where to get userID and password?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ok, so I got the LTE SIM and installed it. It connected and showed ATT network instead of the FreedomPop it used to show. Seemed to work for a bit on my morning commute but now won’t connect anymore. Tried multiple times, nothing!
Any ideas? Did you have it Auto setup or did you type in APN, user, password? If yes, where to get userID and password?
Check out this thread by h00die, good detailed instructions. FreedomPop SIM Success

·
Registered
8 Posts
What does having the Freedom PoP do? My 3 month AT&T plan expired a year ago but I have not noticed any loss of functionality. Where does the SIM card go?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts