Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to purchase seat covers so that my 65-lb Weineraner will not damage the perforated leather. Even keeping her nails trimmed, they can still leave marks. Anyone purchased covers yet? I also want to cover the console so the black plastic doesn't get scratched. Trying to decide if this needs to be custom made by an interior shop or if generic ones will do the trick. Of course, putting her in the luggage area with a pet divider is an option but I don't want to interfere with side airbag deployment (not sure when they fire, if the entire side headliner panels blow off).

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Just for clarification, do you want the front seat, the back, or both?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Hey DWeaver , here is a photo of a *Dog Car Seat HAMMOCK* , like the one I use in my Ford Fusion car ! It is made of pretty durable material (even for our 90-lb. Nitro) , and is EASY-IN and EASY-OUT , because it just straps onto the Front and Rear Seat Headrest ! That way , if you need to haul people , you just pop it out and clean seats await them ! As you can also see , it helps deter your kids (as we refer to them) from getting into the front area , so as not to mess up the Center Console !

P.S. BTW , there might be a lot of OFFENDED *Weimaraners* in the world tonight !!! ;)

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
I need to purchase seat covers so that my 65-lb Weineraner will not damage the perforated leather. Even keeping her nails trimmed, they can still leave marks. Anyone purchased covers yet? I also want to cover the console so the black plastic doesn't get scratched. Trying to decide if this needs to be custom made by an interior shop or if generic ones will do the trick. Of course, putting her in the luggage area with a pet divider is an option but I don't want to interfere with side airbag deployment (not sure when they fire, if the entire side headliner panels blow off).
My lab rides in far back with Jaguar rear compartment liner and 1/2 gate. Works out well and seems safest for all concerned (me, dog, leather) in case of accident. Also keeps drool off of all important areas.

Reactions: L-PACE

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GRVR, thanks to my fat fingers for the misspelling! Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
GRVR, thanks to my fat fingers for the misspelling! Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out.
No Problem ! I found this picture on the internet , but we actually purchased ours at a PETSMART ! Even if you find a better deal on the internet , at least you could check it out in person first ! :)

P.S. Don't worry , the Weimaraners said you are Forgiven !!! ;)
You gotta admit , there's nothing better then *Unconditional Love* !!! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely! I found a local shop who will take the generic covers, say from Weathertech, and will make any adjustments for a custom fit. They will also make a padded cover for the console. I'll post pics once I have everything completed. By the way, I posted a pic of my sweet Weim - the cause of this expenditure.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Absolutely! I found a local shop who will take the generic covers, say from Weathertech, and will make any adjustments for a custom fit. They will also make a padded cover for the console. I'll post pics once I have everything completed. By the way, I posted a pic of my sweet Weim - the cause of this expenditure.
*AWESOME* Photos !!! Lilly is GORGEOUS , and also looks very Physically Fit !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Someone should start a Show Us Your Pups thread on the OT forum, I bet there are a lot of great pals out there.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Air bags will kill a dog so my golden Charlie rides in the back seat. I put down a yoga mat (she likes to dig through towels and blankets etc) and bought a Kurgo Wander Hammock for C$65 at the pet store. Looks great and easy to remove. It comes with a small case. It also stops her from jumping in the driver's seat before I can sit down See
kurgo.com/car-seat-covers/wander-dog-hammock

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
337 Posts
bought the 4Knines regular and XL hammocks. neither one fits quite right. the regular is too small, can't quite tuck in the ends, and the xl is too large, the top part sags between the headrests. but overall nice quality. definitely not waterproof as advertised since it has velcro slits for the seat belts (which don't extend far enough out of the seat to be particularly useful). but the XL will do for now. I'll try with the hammock part up and down and see which one my pup likes more.
I believe our cars have rear airbags too which can be just as dangerous, so pretty important to keep the pup secured. 4knines also has a short leash with a clip on one side for the harness and a seat belt buckle on the other.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JGF1LDH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts