Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for a brakes and tires on the cat. Has anyone tried these? Any other options out there besides OEM? Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have their pads and slotted/drilled rotors on the front and rear of my FPace. My stock brakes were sqeaking terribly so I replaced them with R1Concepts and have no complaints at all with them.

Reactions: Shaguar

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have their pads and slotted/drilled rotors on the front and rear of my FPace. My stock brakes were sqeaking terribly so I replaced them with R1Concepts and have no complaints at all with them.
Thanks, good to hear. Did you go with the Zink coating? How do they hold up to Chicagoland winters?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I put them on the car in December and they survived the winter and still look like new on the car today. I think they held up really well. Like I said I didn't really need new brakes since my stock brakes still had quite a bit of life left but the stock brakes/rotors were squealing so badly that driving around the city (I live in the city just north of downtown) I was getting looks from people on the sidewalk for all the wrong reasons. This also is probably due to most of my driving being stop and go, I had the same issue with my previous Mercedes.

I'm not sure if what I ordered was Zinc coated but below is what I ordered. They were running a holiday promotion at the time so I got 30% off the order and free shipping for a total of $399 :giggle:
  • Front Rotors - GEOMET Drilled & Slotted Rotors (SKU# 631-20033R, 631-20033L)
  • Front Pads - R1 Concepts Optimum OEp (SKU# 2551-1861-00)
  • Rear Rotors - GEOMET Drilled & Slotted Rotors (SKU# 830-20034L, 830-20034R)
  • Rear Pads - R1 Concepts Optimum OEp (SKU# 341-11016 )
  • Brake Sensors (341-11016)
My dealer had quoted me $900 for just the fronts to be replaced, which I declined because I thought it was way too much and I had such a bad experience with the OEM brakes I didn't want to risk replacing them only to have them start squeaking again. So overall I think I saved a good amount of money by going with R1Concepts and wouldn't hesitate recommending them to you.

Good Luck!!

P.S. I'm not sure what F-Pace you have but I believe the pads are a different size depending on the engine you have. What I ordered fit my F-Pace S (I think the same fits R/35T engine), but if you have Diesel or 25T the pads might be different)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put them on the car in December and they survived the winter and still look like new on the car today. I think they held up really well. Like I said I didn't really need new brakes since my stock brakes still had quite a bit of life left but the stock brakes/rotors were squealing so badly that driving around the city (I live in the city just north of downtown) I was getting looks from people on the sidewalk for all the wrong reasons. This also is probably due to most of my driving being stop and go, I had the same issue with my previous Mercedes.

I'm not sure if what I ordered was Zinc coated but below is what I ordered. They were running a holiday promotion at the time so I got 30% off the order and free shipping for a total of $399 :giggle:
  • Front Rotors - GEOMET Drilled & Slotted Rotors (SKU# 631-20033R, 631-20033L)
  • Front Pads - R1 Concepts Optimum OEp (SKU# 2551-1861-00)
  • Rear Rotors - GEOMET Drilled & Slotted Rotors (SKU# 830-20034L, 830-20034R)
  • Rear Pads - R1 Concepts Optimum OEp (SKU# 341-11016 )
  • Brake Sensors (341-11016)
My dealer had quoted me $900 for just the fronts to be replaced, which I declined because I thought it was way too much and I had such a bad experience with the OEM brakes I didn't want to risk replacing them only to have them start squeaking again. So overall I think I saved a good amount of money by going with R1Concepts and wouldn't hesitate recommending them to you.

Good Luck!!

P.S. I'm not sure what F-Pace you have but I believe the pads are a different size depending on the engine you have. What I ordered fit my F-Pace S (I think the same fits R/35T engine), but if you have Diesel or 25T the pads might be different)
Thanks a lot Mark. I still like the Fpace after 4 years so I plan on going the distance with it. I'm at 55k and it's time for tires and brakes. Same here on a quote from the dealer...$1,000 just for the rears; $1,000 for half a brake job is crazy. I'll confirm the correct pads and rotors. I plan on picking up the OEM sensors from the dealership when I go in for my last service (and some fob batteries - one just died. I have the base 3.0 from 2017 (one year only, I think), not the S or diesel, or turbo 4s that came later.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I plan on picking up the OEM sensors from the dealership when I go in for my last service (and some fob batteries - one just died.
Unless you enjoy throwing away your money, the fob batteries are CR 2032, nothing special from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thanks. Any secrets to opening the fob? reprogramming/pairing needed?
reprogramming/pairing needed? No

SMART KEY BATTERY REPLACEMENT

When the battery needs replacing, there is a significant decrease in the effective range and the instrument panel displays Smart Key Battery Low.

1. To remove the cover, slide in the directions of the arrows.
  2. Use the emergency key blade to separate the smart key's body.
  3. Fit a new and unused CR2032 type battery, available from a retailer/authorized repairer, with the positive (+) side upward.
NOTES
Avoid touching the new battery. Moisture or oil from fingers can reduce battery life and corrode the contacts.
NOTES
If the low battery warning does not extinguish, it indicates that the replacement battery is not in a new and unused condition.
Refit the parts in reverse order. Make sure that the parts click securely into place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts