Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

301 - 309 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Definitely. We took a lot of pictures and video and are compiling it into a good "how to". Just gotta edit everything down.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I had the RaceChip GTS Black on my 2017 V6 First Edition for about 1.5 years of the almost 3 years I had the car before turning it in for the SVR. It clearly improved throttle response and maybe added a little power, but since my car was already 380HP the seat of the pants feel compared to the 340 HP V6 was much less. The only issue I had with the RaceChip is that the car about once a month would throw a check engine light for boost overpressure. I had a OBDII reader to reset that code and things just kept trucking. I clearly removed the RaceChip anytime I took the FP in for service. The only issue with that was that connector near the firewall it was a real biach to get that one changed either when pulling the unit or putting it back on.

Interestingly enough RaceCHIp told me I could add the same unit to my SVR if I wanted to to increase boost there. They wouldn't tell me what the HP increase might be but they said increasing boost on the supercharger is done the same way. While I still have the racechip I have not added it to the SVR, probably won't since to me 550 HP is plenty :)

·
Registered
'17 F-Pace First Edition
10 Posts
I've been running it (racechip GTS Black with the mobile option) in my 2017 R-Sport for about 2 years now and absolutely love it. I added a quicksilver exhaust system two weeks ago and it's a great package. On top of that, we installed the racechip box hidden in the engine compartment and all warranty/standard service have been conducted without notice - I do always disable the racechip box back to factory settings prior to taking it in though (a great feature).
Thanks again Pullejo ! I have some follow-up questions please:
1) Where did you purchase the Racechip GTS from? (I noted that you are from US but just wanted to compare my options from BC, Canada).
2) Did you add the app option? If so, how well does it work? Worth it?
3) Where did you get the quicksilver exhaust & ? (I used to have one on my ‘14 XFR and it sounded awesome with the 5L V8).
4). Generally, where does it plug into? And I assume it stays plugged-in. So, no trace at all when you brought it for service/warranty for engine-related warranty once disabled? Just simply unplugging it?
5) Did you have to run higher octane than 91? In BC, Canada, Chevron offers 94 octane as SupremePlus.

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
The only issue I had with the RaceChip is that the car about once a month would throw a check engine light for boost overpressure.
I know you had the S while mine is the 35t, but at what setting / stage you were running? Do you think running at a lower stage or running it in 35t (which has more 'potential to boost' than the S engine tune) would be less prone to error codes?

·
Registered
'17 F-Pace First Edition
10 Posts
I had the RaceChip GTS Black on my 2017 V6 First Edition for about 1.5 years of the almost 3 years I had the car before turning it in for the SVR. It clearly improved throttle response and maybe added a little power, but since my car was already 380HP the seat of the pants feel compared to the 340 HP V6 was much less. The only issue I had with the RaceChip is that the car about once a month would throw a check engine light for boost overpressure. I had a OBDII reader to reset that code and things just kept trucking. I clearly removed the RaceChip anytime I took the FP in for service. The only issue with that was that connector near the firewall it was a real biach to get that one changed either when pulling the unit or putting it back on.

Interestingly enough RaceCHIp told me I could add the same unit to my SVR if I wanted to to increase boost there. They wouldn't tell me what the HP increase might be but they said increasing boost on the supercharger is done the same way. While I still have the racechip I have not added it to the SVR, probably won't since to me 550 HP is plenty :)

Thanks again ! I have some follow-up questions with your First Edition please:
1) Where did you purchase the Racechip GTS from? (I noted that you are from US but just wanted to compare my options from BC, Canada).
2) Did you add the app option? If so, how well does it work? Worth it?
3) Where did you get the quicksilver exhaust & ? (I used to have one on my ‘14 XFR and it sounded awesome with the 5L V8).
4). Generally, where does it plug into? And I assume it stays plugged-in. So, no trace at all when you brought it for service/warranty for engine-related warranty once disabled? Just simply unplugging it?
5) Did you have to run higher octane than 91? In BC, Canada, Chevron offers 94 octane as SupremePlus.

Thanks! Pat, (newbie from van,BC, Canada)

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
To answer Jay, I think I was running it at 3 or 4 setting, I started high, and then slowly stepped it back. It seemed that all settings eventually caused the fault code. So I just started resetting the code since the car ran exactly the same.

to answer your questions Pat.

1) I purchased from their US Corporate site.
2) I don't think the app option was available at the time I purchased it. I downloaded the app afterwards and it wouldn't work with my RaceChip, not sure why though.
3) I ordered the QuickSilver directly from them. Easy order. Shipped across the pond.
4) You can go online and get the directions for the install even without buying it from their site. two jump connectors. you basically put the Racechip in line between the normal wiring harness on top of the super charge near the front of the engine and at the back near the firewall (difficult connector).
5) I always ran premium in both FPaces I owned.

·
Registered
24 Posts
To answer Jay, I think I was running it at 3 or 4 setting, I started high, and then slowly stepped it back. It seemed that all settings eventually caused the fault code. So I just started resetting the code since the car ran exactly the same.
Thanks for the info, very helpful. This is the reason I am still reluctant. While the error codes may not be serious, I will still go panic when I see them and will make me sleepless.

Probably I will wait for a while and go with a tune if I have the car still then.

301 - 309 of 309 Posts