Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

281 - 300 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
They can, however there are requirements to be met in order to buy/sell on this site. Number of posts, post in correct section (Classifieds), etc.

Ok thanks.

DP

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any of you had dealer give you crap over the ECU tune? Even, if you return it to stock, I am told it still leaves a trace. I chose to lease mine, since I was not sure I wanted to keep it (I don't, I know options I truly miss now and will get one CPO after this one).

·
Registered
515 Posts
There are articles about this or other posts, I don't have them readily available. But search the good ole interwebz for it. I think the VelocityAP tune is reversible and doesn't leave a trace, but it has to be done a certain way. Obviously, if something happens and your car gets brought to the dealer with the tune active, they can give you grief. The burden of proof lies on them proving that the tune or exhaust directly contributed to the condition of the vehicle. That being said, you will likely be embroiled in a legal battle that either ties up your car in the dealer's service bay as you figure you who will pay for the repair (you vs. warranty) or you'll have to pay out of pocket and then sue them for the money back (I did this vs. Ford yeeeeeeeaaars ago).

That being said, I still plan on putting the tune on it ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Any of you had dealer give you crap over the ECU tune? Even, if you return it to stock, I am told it still leaves a trace. I chose to lease mine, since I was not sure I wanted to keep it (I don't, I know options I truly miss now and will get one CPO after this one).
I brought my car to the dealer with the factory stock tune restored according to the instruction of velocityAP, but my dealer discovered that once they plug-in their diagnosis tool. They said the fault code is sent to the Jaguar automatically and they could not stop it. Thus my warranty is probably void.

Here is the response from velocityAP when I asked about the issue.

"When you flash the car, it stores a fault code P167F. It doesn’t turn on a check engine light but is a tell-tale the engine module had been flashed with something other than the OEM scan tool."

·
Registered
30 Posts
I brought my car to the dealer with the factory stock tune restored according to the instruction of velocityAP, but my dealer discovered that once they plug-in their diagnosis tool. They said the fault code is sent to the Jaguar automatically and they could not stop it. Thus my warranty is probably void.

"When you flash the car, it stores a fault code P167F. It doesn’t turn on a check engine light but is a tell-tale the engine module had been flashed with something other than the OEM scan tool."
That is an automatic disqualifier for me. Not on a leased car. I might just get the exhaust because I do want a little bit more drama in the exhaust note. Too bad I can't get my pops and crackles. I am happy with the acceleration as is.

·
Registered
528 Posts
So what does that mean then? What did you have your car in the shop for that required them to even look? When they told you this, as you mentioned, did you own up or just play dumb? This is everyone's fear who is on the fence or who actually gets the tune.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So what does that mean then? What did you have your car in the shop for that required them to even look? When they told you this, as you mentioned, did you own up or just play dumb? This is everyone's fear who is on the fence or who actually gets the tune.
I was just having the first year annual service. There's no particular aspect they supposed to look, not even a system update, but just connected to their scan tools and they found the code immediately, as I was told. The service adviser said I do not need to response as there's nothing we could do, they just informed me that the code was scanned and it was sent to Jaguar automatically. The dealer has no right to determine the warranty, only Jaguar would tell when I have a warranty claim next time.

I did not say anything then.

P.S. My car is located in Hong Kong, so different market may have different policy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What you need then is the www.cpachiptuning.us powerbox. It's not a ECU tune and everything is left stock so when you take the vehicle to the dealer just disconnect the 2 connectors from the 2 sensors it sits between and the dealer will not see a thing was touched. I just installed the Powerbox Nitro which gets the 340hp to 410 just like the APVelocity tune but completely undetectable. Also this box is cheaper and can be moved to another vehicle in the future. Also if you get additional modifications in the future the box can be tuned to be more aggressive with the support from www.cpachiptuning.us.

·
Vendor
75 Posts
What you need then is the www.cpachiptuning.us powerbox. It's not a ECU tune and everything is left stock so when you take the vehicle to the dealer just disconnect the 2 connectors from the 2 sensors it sits between and the dealer will not see a thing was touched. I just installed the Powerbox Nitro which gets the 340hp to 410 just like the APVelocity tune but completely undetectable. Also this box is cheaper and can be moved to another vehicle in the future. Also if you get additional modifications in the future the box can be tuned to be more aggressive with the support from www.cpachiptuning.us.

We have had a few customers test these systems and found the results not to be as good as you get with an actual tune. Definitely some bump in power but not as comprehensive.

They certainly are LESS detectable, however there's always some level of footprint left, even if it is harder to find.

We've looked into piggyback systems a number of times in the past, for a variety of reasons but thus far haven't managed to see the level of saftey we wanted. Fooling the stock ECU by manipulating sensor data works on some level, but we just don't have the level of adjustability and detail we want to write a comprehensive tune.

·
Vendor
75 Posts
Any plans to develop a tune for the 2.0 liter turbo found in the 25t? Possibly to the 30t levels of power?

-Sam

Yes, we definitely do. Our main limiting factor at this point is there are no available protocols from any of the tuning equipment suppliers we use, which give us access to the Ingenium engines.

We have done the 2.0T Ecoboost but it's a different platform.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am using a chip aswell, but from Racechip. Realistically you're not getting near 410 on any chip on the 3.0L.
I wanted the VP tune and actually bought it, but it didn't work on my 2018. For those reading this like I was, and interested in the VP Tune, if you're interested in the 3.0L tune from Velocity it would cost towards $1600 CAN, which is too much IMO and could be a hassle if you have to take it in and don't live around a shop that has the equipment (like me)..I took mine in 3 times this summer for tiny issues, can't imagine if i was to go back to stock file each time and drive an hour each way, then to dealership, then back to have it re-written. Would be a nightmare!
On a 2017 when you have the scantool to do yourself this is a non-issue...I learned this reality the long and extremely frustrating way, total waste of my time but I was able to buy back my racechip, so not the worst.
Ultimately, those 3.0L 340V 2018's stick with the chip for now, so simple and clearly a nice bump in power.

·
Registered
'17 F-Pace First Edition
10 Posts
I am trying an OBD2 plug-in tuner chip from
EBay - around USD$50 on my F-Pace First Edition. It “seems” to have given me some improved performance under load and more efficiency when cruising but not dyno tested. They claimed these are not traceable once unplugged.

People list them as stage7 , stage22, Super ODB2, etc...

Who else has tried one? And how well does one work?
2949F248-3D54-4FF4-A38D-8E4924D83CC8.jpeg

·
Registered
'17 F-Pace First Edition
10 Posts
Hey Jay, I know what you mean. I was just as concerned plugging this in vs having some traceable mods that may void certain warranty. It has not done any bad and in fact some enhancement for a non-traceable low cost mods. Hope it isn’t a dimmic where it tricked my mind only.
Here is an example of one of these :

Hence, I want to see other feedbacks and hopefully someone with actual mechanical / electronic background. Or if someone tested one of these on a dyno.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but are there any racechip owners who could still vouch for the unit after 3-4 years and actively using it?
I've been running it (racechip GTS Black with the mobile option) in my 2017 R-Sport for about 2 years now and absolutely love it. I added a quicksilver exhaust system two weeks ago and it's a great package. On top of that, we installed the racechip box hidden in the engine compartment and all warranty/standard service have been conducted without notice - I do always disable the racechip box back to factory settings prior to taking it in though (a great feature).

281 - 300 of 309 Posts