Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

261 - 280 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Well I've notice improved mileage, believe it or not..I drive mostly in Sport and Dynamic and it gets better than original mileage\..not much more, but certainly not less.
I really wish you could get yours on a dyno so we can see the actual result of the mod. That would help with the doubters. Maybe if we all chip in . . .

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I really wish you could get yours on a dyno so we can see the actual result of the mod. That would help with the doubters. Maybe if we all chip in . . .
Well the guys that developed the TUNE dyno'd it ..so that's good enough for me.;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any merit to purchasing a "used" ECU and having that unit flash tuned and installing it? Ive done it on older Porsches.

When the car requires its annual service just swap the original ECU back in. Absolutely zero evidence of a flash tune on the original ECU that way.

My guess is the ECUs may be "paired" with the vehichle Vin?....anyone?

i have a lead on an ECU from an identical 380hp Fpace -S as my own.

Just curious.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Yes the ECU has to be flashed with your VIN..to overwrite a used unit maybe not possible...

·
Vendor
75 Posts
I still don't understand why there would be any doubters at this point. It's pretty simple - the 3.0SC V6 is now available in the 2018 FType with 400BHP. It is just a software calibration difference. We've provided tons of dyno documentation from XE, XF, V6 FType owners etc. (of which, incidentally MOST was produced independently by customers) that shows consistently IRO 415-420BHP.

Check out the video above, a customer tested their F-Pace at 4.6 seconds 0-60 with our tune and nothing else. That's 0.7 seconds faster than the 340BHP Base, and 0.4 seconds faster than the 380BHP S models.

There's a preponderance of evidence there to support the claims, if I do say so myself. There's no magic pixie dust here, no wild claims, it's solid repeatable data.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would do the tune in a heartbeat if it would not void the warranty. Since it's a new car I'd rather not lose my 50k/6Y with it.
It IS a jaguar after all and a 1st gen product.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Why is this notification in this thread? or was something deleted?
That information is on a *NEED To Know* basis !!!
And right now , my friend , YOU don't *NEED To Know* !!!:x

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had written a question here regarding the VelocityAP programmer and what I would need to do to the programmer prior to selling it.
I received an answer to my question on jaguarforums ... so I posted the answer here as well, for others interested in doing the same.

With that, a fellow forum member asked about buying the programmer from me and I replied in kind.

The moderator felt this was not within the guidelines of the forum and removed the entire thread segment.

-David

·
Registered
5,295 Posts

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
I had written a question here regarding the VelocityAP programmer and what I would need to do to the programmer prior to selling it.
I received an answer to my question on jaguarforums ... so I posted the answer here as well, for others interested in doing the same.

With that, a fellow forum member asked about buying the programmer from me and I replied in kind.

The moderator felt this was not within the guidelines of the forum and removed the entire thread segment.

-David
So fourm members can’t sell stuff to each other ?

DP

261 - 280 of 309 Posts