Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Cat Owner's from So CAL,

i thought it would be nice to meet other F-Pace owner's from Southern California and can use this forum to share some inputs/Feedback's.

Did you get any additional Accessories?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I love So cal... so jealous of all of you who can afford to live out there. San Diego suburbs are to die for (La Jolla and Coronado in particular). Those houses are magnificent, the weather is fantastic, the cars are beautiful... the traffic not so much. But you can't have everything can ya. Sorry to impede but I just had to show my love for So cal.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Was sunny every day of the week and a half I was out there. Where'd you hear that?

·
Registered
589 Posts
i thought it would be nice to meet other F-Pace owner's from Southern California and can use this forum to share some inputs/Feedback's... Did you get any additional Accessories?
Yes, it would be good to exchange ideas on our special problems out here: perfect weather, great mountain roads, how to choose the best beach, how to park at the best restaurants... ;)
Some observations so far:
* moon roof shade seems useful on sunny days when 90 degrees and up.
* the chrome ring on the shift knob can get hot!
* Kuat hitch-mount bike carrier works very well. Easier on/off than other hitches I've used since it has a loose locking pin and then a knob to wedge the hitch into the receiver.
Will be up at Palomar Mountain starting next weekend; let me know if anyone wants an excuse to drive up South Grade (yes, 23 switchbacks!) and grab a late lunch at Mother's Kitchen on Sunday. Could also get a tour of the Observatory if interested.

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yes, it would be good to exchange ideas on our special problems out here: perfect weather, great mountain roads, how to choose the best beach, how to park at the best restaurants... ;)
You forgot the earthquake part :eek:
Would really like to meet you at Palomar, and see the Observatory, but it's too long a road trip for me right now :)

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Reactions: JagFPace1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you TLockhart for sharing the observations.

Do you guys got the Front License plate installed ? As per DMV Rules if you got two plates issued from them , you got to install both of them. Dang!! now i got to drill holes on the front bumper to get the bracket installed.

Any idea's how guys dealt with it?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

Do you guys got the Front License plate installed ? As per DMV Rules if you got two plates issued from them , you got to install both of them. Dang!! now i got to drill holes on the front bumper to get the bracket installed.

Do a search on this forum, many of us have installed hidden or removable front plate holders that do not involve drilling into the front of the bumper. Here is mine. Removable. Holes are under the front fascia.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

Nope!!!!! No Way, No How!!!! Will cross that bridge if/when I come to it ;)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I love So cal... so jealous of all of you who can afford to live out there. San Diego suburbs are to die for (La Jolla and Coronado in particular). Those houses are magnificent, the weather is fantastic, the cars are beautiful... the traffic not so much. But you can't have everything can ya. Sorry to impede but I just had to show my love for So cal.
Please stop. You're killing me! If I had the dough, that's exactly where I would go. Florida is 5 times less expensive but way too crazy. There are some nice parts, though. But those parts aren't much cheaper than SoCal.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Please stop. You're killing me! If I had the dough, that's exactly where I would go. Florida is 5 times less expensive but way too crazy. There are some nice parts, though. But those parts aren't much cheaper than SoCal.
I was tempted to take out a loan and just move out there. Ive never fell in love with a location as much as I did when I was out there. The thing with So cal is that there is no humidity at all. It can be 90 degrees but your not drowning in your own sweat. Florida is way to humid for me and the hurricanes that they can have down there scare me away.

I would warn anyone traveling out there for vacation to be prepared to fall in love. Nearly cried when I had to leave haha.

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I was tempted to take out a loan and just move out there. Ive never fell in love with a location as much as I did when I was out there. The thing with So cal is that there is no humidity at all. It can be 90 degrees but your not drowning in your own sweat. Florida is way to humid for me and the hurricanes that they can have down there scare me away.

I would warn anyone traveling out there for vacation to be prepared to fall in love. Nearly cried when I had to leave haha.
I really dig the more laid back culture (compared to the Northeast). I grew up in Jersey but hated the beaches there. I love the beaches in So Cal. Just walking 'em is very cool. Even the beaches in Orange County are cool. Way cooler than the Jersey shore. California is a very progressive state, too. Of course the state does have some crappy parts and homelessness is a big problem from SD up to SF. One of my neighbors (lived across the street) moved to San Diego three years ago. There are a couple of neighborhoods in San Diego I wouldn't want to be caught in.

You're a young guy, the right age to just pack up and go. You can always come back. I think I mentioned last year about visiting SD for the first time many years ago with a buddy. We pulled our rental car into a gas station and the attendant, coincidentally, was a guy your age now. He was from New Jersey. My buddy and I were both from Jersey so we chatted him up. He had moved out there less than a year earlier with his girlfriend. They took whatever jobs they could find. The weather was perfect; not a cloud in the sky. I said to him, "Man, this place is paradise! You are so lucky. Took b*lls to just pack up with your lady and just move out here. Are you loving it?" He said, "It's okay. But we're going back." I was incredulous. I said, "Why would you leave paradise?" He said, "Yeah, this weather is great. But it's like this all the f**kin' time. It doesn't change. After a while it gets to you. It's boring. Every day, it's the same thing. Perfect weather. Sunshine. I know it probably sounds crazy, but I'm actually bored. Going back, bro'."

My buddy and I looked at each other. We didn't know what to say. The dude seemed genuinely depressed, or unimpressed, about living in paradise.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

not true, California does have humidity but nothing compared to places like Florida or Jersey!! We get more humidity near the coast and we get a few storms a year that bring humidity to the state but for the most part we are pretty dry especially compared to Florida

·
Registered
589 Posts
I belatedly ordered custom plates, so have put off deciding. And maybe now that my bumper has been re-arranged by my neighbor I won't worry so much about drilling holes in the front.
But I've been looking at bending my own very simple brackets which would mount with a backing plate through the holes in the lower grill. So there would be no drilling at all, and with the plate attached *only* to the grill by pressing it between bracket and backing plate. It would mount a bit higher than the after-market brackets seem to put it, so it might avoid curb strikes etc a bit better. Haven't done it yet though...

·
Registered
335 Posts
I said to him, "Man, this place is paradise! You are so lucky. Took b*lls to just pack up with your lady and just move out here. Are you loving it?" He said, "It's okay. But we're going back." I was incredulous. I said, "Why would you leave paradise?" He said, "Yeah, this weather is great. But it's like this all the f**kin' time. It doesn't change. After a while it gets to you. It's boring. Every day, it's the same thing. Perfect weather. Sunshine. I know it probably sounds crazy, but I'm actually bored. Going back, bro'."

My buddy and I looked at each other. We didn't know what to say. The dude seemed genuinely depressed, or unimpressed, about living in paradise.
Lol..

Well I suppose one can become bored at any place, even paradise, eventually. But that's why one takes a vacation or a weekend road trip every now and then so that one can escape from the sameness of one's boring life. ;)

Now if you had a nice Fpace that you could drive very comfortably anywhere you wanted and with very descent MPG, endless looks from strangers, with plenty of space for all your camping gear and your accompanying humans, etc etc. maybe you wouldn't get bored with living in paradise or anywhere for that matter..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Lol..

Well I suppose one can become bored at any place, even paradise, eventually. But that's why one takes a vacation or a weekend road trip every now and then so that one can escape from the sameness of one's boring life. ;)

Now if you had a nice Fpace that you could drive very comfortably anywhere you wanted and with very descent MPG, endless looks from strangers, with plenty of space for all your camping gear and your accompanying humans, etc etc. maybe you wouldn't get bored with living in paradise or anywhere for that matter..
Talk about SEEING an F-Pace in the WILD !!! >:)
Hey JagFPace1 , I absolutely love your F-Pace Camping photos , keep em' coming !!! ;)

Reactions: JagFPace1

·
Registered
335 Posts
Talk about SEEING an F-Pace in the WILD !!! >:)
Hey JagFPace1 , I absolutely love your F-Pace Camping photos , keep em' coming !!! ;)
Will do!

Although the wife already complained that 'the d*mn car' is in ALL our camping photos. :D:D:D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just saw a black Fpace in Orange County driven by a blonde gal.

The driver door had a large logo saying:

"Chik-fil-a Award Winner"

After a bit of internet search, apparently, Chik-fil-a give away Fpaces to franchise owners that make their sales goals...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just saw a black Fpace in Orange County driven by a blonde gal.

The driver door had a large logo saying:

"Chik-fil-a Award Winner"

After a bit of internet search, apparently, Chik-fil-a give away Fpaces to franchise owners that make their sales goals...
Should be "buy a franchise, get a free F-Pace". ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts